PDA

View Full Version : Sweet

Cow Puncher645
10-07-2003, 01:49 AM
This game is ganna kick some major ass! Its ganna blow FFXI right out of the water. But what is interesting is that this fall you have: Max Payne 2, Call of Duty, BF 1942: Secret Weapons of War, and Final Fantasy X-2. This is because of the game of the year award. I have never seen a game of this measure able to stand up to any other FPS but this game here could revolutionize it all. But FFXI I think is going to be the biggest flop on the face of the planet. I might buy it after seeing the reviews but I believe that it is going to suck the big one.

Baloki
10-07-2003, 06:43 PM
.......blow 11 out of the water as much as a small seagull landing on the deck of an armoured plane carrier would cause the carrier to sink.

I doubt it is gonna happen and the previews I have played of 11 are very good especially for a MMOPGH (probably spelt wrong). And then if you try and compare it to the game previously known as crap (FF10) you will find that you cannot because they are toatally different genres.

I hope that this has cleared up your few slightly and that you get the point, don't try and compare FF11 to any previous attempts at games and FF7/8, it just cannot be done cos it just ain't possible. Also finnally, FF10.2 ain't gonna be released on the PC (I wonder why...............)

:)Thanks for your time, :choc:Baloki:choc::choc:

madcap_wuggly
10-07-2003, 07:07 PM
yeah baloki i think you raise a good point, although i am biased because i like MMORPG's and play them often and did reasearch i dissagree that 11 is a flop, sales figures wise anyway but ff10-2 was a flop in japan.
on first day sales ff7 sold 2.2 million, ff8 sold 3.3 million but ff10-2 sold 1.3 million.
Ive done plenty of reseacrh on all potentaial ff games to weed out the occasional crap and most of the research on ff10-2 was as encouraging as the grim reaper sitting behind you.

i wouldnt say ff10-2 was a game of great measure but a little dissapointment that changed its target buyers from ff fans to action fans, i think its as sweet as a sour gob stopper, both leave a nasty aftertaste.

Cow Puncher645
10-07-2003, 09:59 PM
All I'm trying to say is that FFX-2 is going to be much more popular and higher ranked that FFXI will be. Because most people are going to find XI to be somewhat boring or not following the series. I'm not saying that Softsquare is wrong in trying to take their games to a different level and trying to give it back some originality. And it is your opinion that FFX was no good and there fore the sequel must too. If you look at the majority that played FFX then you will find that they accepted it and enjoyed playing it. Those that did not like it were the ones that do not like RPG's or are not familiar with the FF series. So I'm not saying that FFXI is going to be unsuccessful but that the majority is going to stick with FFx-2 or FFXII because it follows the series that's all.
I also believe one of the deciding factors is that you have to pay $50 dollars for the game; 5 to 10 dollars a month for the server; $40 dollars for the port for the interent; and god knows what for the software you have to install to make it run properly. Now most people will get all this just to play one or two games on the net so the question is are you goin gto pay $90 to $100 dollars to play a good game or $50 for a good game?

eternalshiva
10-08-2003, 09:41 AM
blech just the fact that you have to pay to play FFXI has turned me away. Who can afford the cost a month? I'll wait for FFXII thank you very much and X-2 is not that bad, just a little bit girly. Which is fine to me cause I don't ever remember a FF with a Female character as the lead. so for all female gamers this is gonna rock!

TheAbominatrix
10-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Yeah, what Shiva said. Whether either is better it doesnt matter, I do think X-2 will do better, simply because of the fact that it requires no monthly fees (and that's two monthly fees for those who dont already have internet access, ya know?).

X-2, however, does have a lot of opposition. For the people who disliked X, the sequel has no appeal. Then, there's the purists who believe sequels are the devil and those who have their panties in a bunch because the team is all female and some of their outfits are rather risque.

The one FF due in the future that will definitly do will is XII, because you're back to the old formula.

Personally, I probably wont be playing XI. I'm not working now, and when I do start working I'll have more important monthly costs to worry about (car insurance, perhaps cellphone bills, cable modem, food, shows, and other luxuries), and I'm not a big fan of MMORPGs. X-2 I'll definitly be picking up. I love X, and I'll really be looking forward to a sequel.

Jalbrean
10-08-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm super girly so this game is gonna be right up my alley.

eternalshiva
10-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
I'm super girly so this game is gonna be right up my alley.

You are super girly >.< *huggles*

I agree with Abominatrix, maybe when money grows on trees I'll look at it.

It's sad to think that people are dissing it because its a sequel or because they are scandally dressed. I say power to Yuna! 'bout time she got her freak on anyways.

Baloki
10-08-2003, 01:15 PM
I should quote myself but I wasn't trying to dis 10.2 in this one (although I didn't like it when I played the demo) I was just trying to say that unluckly you cannot compare any of the previous games to FF11 because it is on a different level to all of the previous games because it is online. I hope that clears up my previous message. Enjoy 10.2 if you want but I won't so don't worry, opnions count with me.

madcap_wuggly
10-08-2003, 04:59 PM
everyone is awaiting ff12 but that doesnt mean ff11 is now old news due to the fact its not gonna be released for 2 or three 3.
And if you think you can play an MMORPG wih no monthly fee i want to know where you live so i can move there and enjoy the free servers, lord knows how they'll pay for maintaince, or updates. ANd ill repeat myself - fans are not battering down windows to grab hold of ff10-2, the sales figures and reviews are quiet condeming.

Jalbrean
10-08-2003, 10:29 PM
What sales figures are you looking at? It hasn't been released anywhere but Japan, and in Japan it's sold over two million units. If I remember correctly it's one of the best selling FF titles ever.

The reviews i've read for the game on the major gamesites have been rather positive. The majority of people condeming the game are the fans, and for the most part they've yet to play it.

Baloki
10-09-2003, 11:05 AM
...........I did find the demo kinda boring and just not what I expected, but who knows they may improve it before a UK release by adding a storyline or something.

I could be wrong of course but these are just my opinions and I know nothing of sales figures or the exact impact that it generated on the Japanese market (unluckly) but I have to admit they do have a tottally different set of ideals compared to us and enjoy games for different reason. So even if the Japs hated it it does not mean the americans or british people will not enjoy it.

Finnaly, Damnit, I think I sounded like I support the game there, oh well, sorry people. But unluckly the above points are all valid even if I don't like them.

:choc: Baloki :choc:

madcap_wuggly
10-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
What sales figures are you looking at? It hasn't been released anywhere but Japan, and in Japan it's sold over two million units. If I remember correctly it's one of the best selling FF titles ever.

The reviews i've read for the game on the major gamesites have been rather positive. The majority of people condeming the game are the fans, and for the most part they've yet to play it.

best ever? wow your bad at maths.
ff7: 2.2 million copys on first day in japan
ff8:3.3 million
ff10-2 a massive 1.2 million...wow thats really a best seller. and scince its in japanese how can you read there reviews? unless your refering to the bad reviews around the rest of the world, and baloki you never told me you played the demo, no wonder you hate it so much!

Baloki
10-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I get all the cool demos now, its so cool (well sometimes), you see I have this contact and he/she sends me them sometimes and also I look around everywhere for these kinds of things, unluckly my sites a bit of a mess at the min so I cannot post all the gos but hey all I can say is it wasn't my type of game, ie and RPG with an entraling storyline, etc.

But I suppose for the gun totting maniacs of this world who enjoy FPS (First Person Shooters) it might just be their kindda thing. I should try playing the Jap version and see if thats better then the demo...........

Anyways, sees you all soons :choc:Baloki:choc:

Jalbrean
10-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Ah well i'm mistaken it's not the best selling. -shrugs-

Next time you plan on insulting my math skills perhaps you should be able to use the grammar correctly.

I was going on my memory of what the sites reported. It's kind of hard to remember exact numbers of sales. I'm curious as to where you go your sales numbers. Do you have a site to confirm them, or did you just pull them out of your ass?

Baloki
10-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Could you not flame wuggly, if you remember what you said (I cannot be bothered to use the quote button), you said you pulled them out of your ass, now if you are gonna post don't use that kind of abuse, be more subtle and less, well, stupid I suppose. Maybe the best thing for you to do is if you wanna kill his point is to check the offcial sales figures on the official site, me on the other hand, I couldn't give two monkeys..............

Hope that clears things up, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Rostum
10-12-2003, 02:18 AM
There's no demo for FFXI, it's a benchmark to see if FFXI can run on your system. It's only in beta at the moment, apart from Japan version, but yeah you can't really see what FFXI is like in the benchmark.

Baloki
10-12-2003, 11:29 AM
...........and are you stalking me?

Anyway, I have played the Jap verson and US beta verson and UK demo, they are all the same, wai baka!

Rostum
10-13-2003, 10:58 AM
There's the Jap version and the beta, no UK demo I can tell you that. Square, on the FFXI site, said that there will be no playable demo for the game and only a benchmark or the beta if you get into it.

madcap_wuggly
10-13-2003, 04:41 PM
you cant have a demo of an MMORPG but there are beta tests, benchmark tests and various others which i think baloki is refearing to and some stores do have an advanced copy to show players.

and a stalker? wow thats creepy... hope you have some peeper spray...

Baloki
10-13-2003, 05:32 PM
I need to make some pepper spray up now!

Rostum
10-14-2003, 11:13 AM
For the third time, I am not stalking anyone! Anyways, FFX-2 will be good, but I think I might find myself playing FFXI alot more.

crono_logical
10-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Baloki, don't bother mod-whoring/pretending to be a moderator here telling people what to do when you yourself are randomly calling people stalkers for no reason and now spamming in what was otherwise a more serious thread - there's other threads for more light-hearted going-ons.

Baloki
10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
WTF, I am not replying to that damn bitch anymore, its not my fault he followed me here from the thread I started and has been flaming me because I anserwed his question!!!!!!!!!!

I value this thread and have posted some worth while stuff, this Omicle hasn't, please leave me alone about this cos I have more important comments to put accross and shouldn't have to waste my time replying to people who think I am insulting someone because they have followed me and have been insulting me, and also when the hell did I 'pretend' to be a mod, whatever a mod is!

Thank you for your time, now then I have my thread to attend to and get back on track (Mines an FF11 thread by the way and also I'm not talking in the admin kindda way but the caring person who cares about his own opnions way), maybe if I post some more messages about the possibilites it will begin to get back on track, I now offcially leave this thread, :choc:Baloki:choc:

m4tt
10-14-2003, 02:03 PM
A mod is a person that moderates the forums. I wouldn't talk back to them if I were you. Cid's Knights are mods. crono logical is an admin, which is higher than a mod. I suggest you tone down.

Baloki
10-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Welllllllllllllll, I'm not keen on backing down when I feel I'm right but as you seem to being polite about it I shouldn't ignore you, thank you for your advice :rolleyes2, :choc:Baloki:choc:

madcap_wuggly
10-14-2003, 03:59 PM
this is how things work here baloki, you should know the mods are power abusive/corrupt, all the other sites do, i never saw you modding but i did see you being flamed though but anyway back to the question..what was it again? oh yeah, ff10-2 isnt gonna blow ff10-2 out of the water scince its a flop.

m4tt
10-14-2003, 04:03 PM
I didn't realize we were power hungry and abusive. I'll make sure to be more gentle when I warn you. :aimsun:

madcap_wuggly
10-14-2003, 07:37 PM
see, 1 point down to the admins.

crono_logical
10-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Baloki
Could you not flame wuggly, if you remember what you said (I cannot be bothered to use the quote button), you said you pulled them out of your ass, now if you are gonna post don't use that kind of abuse,That quote is a typical example of modding even if you're trying to be nice, for the uninformed amongst you. Since I've shown you now, you don't have to do it anymore, use the Warn button underneath the offending post instead :) Omecle's not flaming or stalking anyone - he's not even talking about any members of the board if you read his posts - if you're still unhappy with him, use the block function instead and say no more.

Will FFX-2 blow FFXI out of the water? I don't really care, I'm never going to play FFXI because I dislike MMORPGs, and certainly do not want to be continuously paying to play the game. I have tried the benchmark on my laptop though just to see how well it performs :p I'm certain FFXI would win in the graphics department though, if only because it has a PC port, and PCs are capable of far better graphics than the PS2 is - the PS2 renders at a lower resolution than even the FFXI Benchmark demo runs at, and so has to rely on the hexagonal layout structure of the pixels of the TV screen to remove jaggedness or pixelness :p In the sound department, I'm afraid FFXI wins again, FFX-2's soundtrack is a disgrace to the Final Fantasy name :p FFX-2 only wins overall for me because it's not online :p

I might play FFX-2 when a decent PS2 emulator for the PC is ready, but unlikely before.

Baloki
10-14-2003, 09:09 PM
:grr: k, I have to admit I still haven't read the maneul for this thing yet and I have blocked him/her now, thanks (I think). kk, :choc:Baloki:choc:

m4tt
10-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by madcap_wuggly
see, 1 point down to the admins.

See, you are making this too easy. Insulting the admins is NOT the kind of thing you want to do. I'll miss you!