PDA

View Full Version : World Passes....again....

Jeristo
10-07-2003, 05:01 AM
Alright, what I'm wondering is if you can purchase more than one world pass in a week if you use the first you purchased before the week is up?

Lionx
10-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Can only buy one per week, and only invite one guy. Thats it. Have to wait next week to get another.

Jeristo
10-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Dangit....I suppose that will have to do.

Thanks lionx. I really appreciate all the help you offer.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-07-2003, 10:42 AM
I guess square is trying to encourage people to stay within their servers huh.

Seems like they don't want us fraturnizing with people from other servers very much.

Rostum
10-08-2003, 12:52 PM
I think that's mainly because they don't want servers to get too crowded and have other servers with hardly anyone in it.

It's a hard choice for Square, seeing as they would realise everyone would want to play with friends and such. But it must be done.

Jeristo
10-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Oh, I also have another question.

I suppose I should have posted this one earlier too, but can you only use a world pass on a new character, or can you import another character already created from a different server?

Thanks again for the help

SubMatrix
10-08-2003, 04:19 PM
As of right now characters are locked to their servers, you can't move them with a World Pass or by paying Square to move your character for you.

Leighton

Lionx
10-09-2003, 07:20 AM
You can only Import(WorldShift) if the server is too crowded and for free. That wont happen for a while.

As for WP you create a new, so dont spend too much time lvling if you are going to move soon.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Great so then The Top guys In WLA better get the game right away and decied what server we are all supposed to get on.....

Cuz I dont want to wait to long before getting started with my Real Char...

Rostum
10-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Remember to save one up for me Lionx. I'll be getting it a little later than most, around Christmas time.

Lionx
10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
I will be going with the GA and invite all WLAers as much as possible, but the one person a week thing is a prob, i hope we can get at least a majority during the first few weeks.

Rostum
10-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Well, just make sure you don't back out on me, I'll have it a few months after all you guys.

SubMatrix
10-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Really it's mainly a matter of gil. Every time someone buys a WP someone else gets in, who can then in turn buy another WP, with exception to the fact that he won't be able to buy a WP starting off, but if the other members can give that person the money, they can keep a steady chain of people comming in. The only other big issue is that of organization. We will need a sort of "priority list" listing all the members ordered by who gets WP's first with thier e-mail addresses (so that after you get in and get a WP you can send it to the next person on the list).

With a little bit of organizing and planning we could save a lot of time.

Leighton

jpiceman
10-09-2003, 07:20 PM
this is kinda on topic, but I have been playing FF for years but this one is kinda out there for me. I still pre-ordered it but, my question is... Is there somewhere that I can go to learn all about the game and everything everyone is talking about in these forums? Hate to admit it but I'm a n00b to this game :D Also maybe some clans for this game. (Gotta have friends, you know)

SubMatrix
10-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Best places to go in my opinion are Shadow Dragons (http://www.shadow-dragons.com/index2.htm), IGN (http://vault.ign.com/ffvault.html?fromint=1) , Stratics (http://ffxi.stratics.com/) and FFXI Online (http://ffxi.cogn.net/index.php). Though the later one has been updating their site and it has been pretty slow and theres a few broken links. You can also just go to a search engine and search for "final fantasy XI." You won't get as many comprehensive sites that way but you can get little tidbits here and there that other sites might not have or don't go into as much depth.

Leighton

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-12-2003, 01:45 PM
if we do a priority list then it should go by who is getting the game right away...

Cuz if your not getting it for 3 weeks and your 3rd in line.... and I get it first day and I am 4th.....I am sooo stealing your spot..... :D

SubMatrix
10-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Ok, my friend just translated a very interesting thing off of Square's website. It said that during character creation players can type in the name of the server they would like to join, however if that server is one of the top 15 highest populated servers they will randomly get assigned to a different server. They are also opening new servers for the U.S. release, meanig they won't be populated at all, and if we can all just agree to one particular server, then we should (in theory) all be able to get onto it at the same time. I hope he wasn't misreading anything and this works.

Leighton

Ichy
10-12-2003, 04:21 PM
That makes perfect sense to me, too. My pre-order gets to the shop on the 30th and I'll have it in my hands within a day or 2 at most after that. As soon as the game is installed and running I plan on diving right in. No problems spending a couple hours exploring Windurst and all, I love to see every nook and cranny, but I can only go so long without beating on things and I'd love to be there with all of you when that fatefull hour strikes. ;)

jpiceman
10-12-2003, 05:30 PM
If someone could say what world they are in, maybe we could all be together. Think that would be cool.

Krystic_WLA
10-12-2003, 05:43 PM
the main thing i want to know is how much they cost!!!

SubMatrix
10-12-2003, 07:04 PM
I know the prices fluctuate for a WP. One beta tester told me they were going for around 250 gil, but I read at places online they were around 1k or more. The price on WP's is supposed to be cheap in the beginning regardless to cater to people who want to be on the same server together quickly. But again, if server picking is possible on the new servers, than this won't be a problem.

Leighton