PDA

View Full Version : msn

HOOTERS
10-07-2003, 03:46 PM
The old version of msn messenger got whiped off my computer for some reason so the other day I downloaded and installed v 6 but when I try to sign in it says they were unable to sign me in at this time and to try again later but I've never had this problem before with the old version.

A little help?

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2003, 03:49 PM
It could be that the database is down, it does happen. Obviously your connection is working, and my messenger is working currently so uh... no clue.

crono_logical
10-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Got a firewall installed? Is it letting the new version through?

I don't think the old version works anymore anyway, you have to upgrade.

Xander
10-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Are you trying to sign in automatically? Cos I don't know why but MSN does this to me whenever it tries to sign me in automatically (when the internet goes on for example).
So, I just press Cancel sign in, and then press the bit that says "Sign in with a different account" and then type my password in. I dunno why but it never lets me sign in automatically by just pressing the Sign In button.

I always have to put in my password.. so not sure if this is the same problem as you have but try that anyway :)

Leeza
10-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Wasn't MSN going to start having people register or something because they were trying to cut down on stalkers of little kids, etc. and they were trying to get a way to keep track of all users? I'm not sure exactly where or when or what they were going to be doing exactly, but maybe it has something to do with that. And I think automatically signing in is something that would have been eliminated because they wanted to make sure that whoever was using MSN at that time was the person who was supposed to be using it and not someone else, so that would require a password every time.

However, I don't seem to have any problems signing in automatically...so I give up.

Dr Unne
10-07-2003, 08:38 PM
MSN is going to change the protocols used for their messenger (or maybe they did already, no idea), but if you use the official MSN program I don't think it should affect you.

HOOTERS
10-08-2003, 05:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not on automatic sign in, but it's still not working. The sign in name is still your email address, right?

Yamaneko
10-08-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
MSN is going to change the protocols used for their messenger (or maybe they did already, no idea), but if you use the official MSN program I don't think it should affect you.
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/msn.php

October 15th