PDA

View Full Version : Clouds sexuality

feyd
10-07-2003, 10:37 PM
I have heard rumors from friends that in the japanese version of final fantasy 7 cloud was homosexually in love with sephiroth. Any one who played the jap version of ff7 (and understood it) pleas confirm/deny this rumor (also so i can win $20 in the bet i made with the guy who told me this :D )

Kindo
10-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Just another wacky rumour, I suppose.

Yrkoon
10-07-2003, 11:22 PM
cloud is sephiroths special little puppet..... i highly doubt cloud is gay towards spethiroth tho since cloud spends most of the game wanting to kill sephiroth :P

feyd
10-07-2003, 11:57 PM
well i heard it was edited out of the american version ( i want a litte proof so i can rub it in my friends face please)

Erdrick Holmes
10-08-2003, 12:01 AM
Thank you guys. Now I'll never play FF7 again.

Killy
10-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Nothing was removed from FF7's American version, in fact, stuff was put in, like Emerald and Ruby.

ZeZipster
10-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by feyd
I have heard rumors from friends that in the japanese version of final fantasy 7 cloud was homosexually in love with sephiroth. Any one who played the jap version of ff7 (and understood it) pleas confirm/deny this rumor (also so i can win $20 in the bet i made with the guy who told me this :D )

I suggest new friends.

TheAbominatrix
10-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Any and all sexual or romantic relationships between Cloud and Zack or Cloud and Sephiroth are simply fandom. Shonen-ai and Yaoi are very popular in Japan, and most every game that comes out has unofficial 'doujinshi' made about it, usually with homosexual themes. It's not true at all.

zacks_clone
10-08-2003, 12:28 AM
many belived Zack and Cloud were an 'iteam' of sorts,due to the flashback in the basment when Zack leans on cloud.Same goes for SephirothXZack,CloudXSephiroth,because of them being so close in Soldier.They were just friends,in my opinion,and i dont think thatsquare would do that

FFboy4ever
10-08-2003, 12:44 AM
well...ya never no cuz you can get that date w/ barret...:( ewww..

TheAbominatrix
10-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by FFboy4ever
well...ya never no cuz you can get that date w/ barret...:( ewww..

Yeah, but that isnt a date as in 'kissy kissy', it's just them hanging out during the date sequence. Japan is a country very open with sexual things, so ya never know, but it's not the case in this game.

feyd
10-08-2003, 01:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! good.....i juss won $20 :D thanks guys!!!!

zacks_clone
10-08-2003, 01:11 AM
welcome

Cloudane
10-08-2003, 01:25 AM
I don't go for random homosexuality theories in FF games! (The theories about Kuja were enough)

BUT I can see some points. I don't think Sephiroth and Cloud had any kind of love for each other! But as for Zack. They were certainly close - close enough for Zack to dress Cloud (who was, at the time, incapacitated) and follow up by helping to shape his life. Enough that the guy even decided to immitate him in the end. He was most likely being a really good friend, but other thoughts do occur...

FFboy4ever
10-08-2003, 01:48 AM
i no it isnt' it was a joke...but you probly knew that uh..hopefully lol

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-13-2003, 02:59 AM
It is, however, completely true that Palmer is Reeve's big huggy bear.

Kami
10-13-2003, 03:14 AM
mmmm... yaoi....~

Rostum
10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Of coarse Cloud wasn't homosexual towards Sephiroth, it'd just ruin the story all together and I don't think that Squaresoft would have re-made a whole game again within the set amount of time.

But I see you've already won the $20 bucks, so enjoy! xD

TheAbominatrix
10-13-2003, 12:48 PM
I don't see how it would ruin the story. Aside from the fact that it would seriously freak out half the fans of the game. Secondly, if they had to remove anything, even something that large, while dubbing, a few text changes and scene cuts could easily do so. There's been a lot of very big changes done when games and anime are brought to America, because we arent as open a society as Japan, and as a whole we generally associate cartoons and video games with children.

The Man
10-17-2003, 12:51 AM
I opened this thread thinking it'd be another thread bitching at Cloud for not banging Tifa as soon as she showed an interest in him, and I'm glad it's not.

I still highly doubt it's true, tho'. He wouldn't be gay in any case; he'd be bisexual, 'cause he quite obviously has a thing for Tifa by the end of disc two.

Female Ryuichi
10-19-2003, 11:53 AM
mmmm... yaoi....~

:D

Angel_Eyes
10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Kami
mmmm... yaoi....~

Mmm indeed ^_^

On a completely different game, in Shadow Hearts, one of the NPC's was openly gay and admitted that he had a crush on the main character. Nothing happened, but still.....

If Cloud and Sephiroth *were* gay, I'd still play it. I'd play it more even :D

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 10:21 PM
OMG, we didn't need to know that

MJN SEIFER
10-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Could everyone PLEASE be careful how things are Worded here! There is a chance that one of our members is Gay (Not me I'm Strait) So we mustn't affend him!

soulICE
10-26-2003, 05:40 PM
cloud is sephiroths special little puppet..... i highly doubt cloud is gay towards spethiroth tho since cloud spends most of the game wanting to kill sephiroth :P

hmm.. kinky.

kidding!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
Could everyone PLEASE be careful how things are Worded here! There is a chance that one of our members is Gay (Not me I'm Strait) So we mustn't affend him! It's cool.

Shlup
10-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Japanese culture just has an affinity for effeminate males. Most male lead characters, whether it be a game, comic, or TV show, are rather feminine, which almost invariably leaves open interpretations of their sexuality. There also isn't some manly "must not touch other guys" mind-set, so some actions between these girly-boys may lead people to believe they have a "thing" for each other.

They're just fruity is all.