PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Loony BoB
10-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Anyone played this, and if so, what do you think of it? I haven't heard anything about this game besides the raving on that PA do on it, so I've only got the one opinion so far.

crono_logical
10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
I think the vocal tracks suck compared to what FF7/8/9/X had vocalised :p They're just as bad as the character songs from FFX-2, if not worse :p

m4tt
10-09-2003, 09:41 PM
What did FF7 have vocalized?

All I've heard of it was from PA as well. There was an article in my EGM a month or so ago, but I just skimmed through it. You can use the GBA along with it to sort through your items faster!!

crono_logical
10-10-2003, 02:46 AM
One Winged Angel, of course :p

Wetflame
10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
I can't wait for Crystal Chronicles but it kinda sucks that it doesn't have set characters! It works for online RPGs and RPGs like Morrowind(Although that gets boring) but I love in an FF game to find out all about the character, their past and how they respond emotionally.

Or am I wrong? I know from the fact that you set class, and only have 1 character in 1 player it should be Player characters, but maybe its class like in FF5 and the characters appear in FMAs?

Someone thats played it please tell me =(

TogiB
10-28-2003, 04:22 PM
i have a question. anyone know what made nintendo do a squaresoft game???? they made a vow not to work with them after ff 7, or is it because of the merger, because this game really strays from final fantasy type....

NM
10-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Nintendo didn't do a Squaresoft game. It's just published by them. Also FF:CC isn't made directly by Square it's a dev studio created by Square so they can develop FF games on other systems than the PS2.

Square stopped making games for Nintendo when it found out the N64 was another cartridge based syetm. As they needed the larger storage of CD's to make games like FF7, 8, 9 & 10.

TogiB
10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
i know, but they said they wouldn't PUBLISh anymore square games. oh, well.....

NM
10-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Well if Nintendo actually managed to drum up some Third party support for there console then maybe they could be more picky about what they publish. :p

Having said that if they don't publish it someone else would. No point cutting off your own arm to try and get back at someone else.

DJZen
11-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Nintendo REALLY shot themselves in the foot when they broke off their arrangement with Square. How many people had FF7, 8 or 9 as their first RPG? There was a lot of trash talk from both sides, as I recall. A rep from Nintendo (was it Lincoln? I can't remember) said something like "Final Fantasy is like a movie you simply watch, while Zelda is an immersive interactive experience not bound by...." eh, I can't remember, this was years ago, and horribly stupid. Anyway, Nintendo has OBVIOUSLY learned their lesson. Square may have been the cult classic hitmaker with Nintendo, but when they upgraded their format to a less limiting one (they had to cut out the entirety of The End Of Time from Chrono Trigger because of it), they became the ubermeisters of gaming. Seriously, are there any other 3rd parties who can even claim to have as much cred? Only capcom and konami come to mind. Maybe sega, maybe. Even if they DID part ways, Square can still make games for Nintendo if they so choose. Well, their dev studio can. I think it's a wise move on their part, they can make a few more bucks this way. Also, if you're getting grumbly about Nintendo slapping their name on it, just go back and find your old FF1 cart, do you see the word Squaresoft ANYWHERE on it? It kinda makes me nostalgic... :cool: