PDA

View Full Version : Top Summon

Stupid Moomba 88
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
It's me again! Who do you like out of all of the summons? Who was the most useless of all Summons? Who was so OTT? Please tell me!"

I like Leviathan.
I hate Typhoon.
Hades was so OTT.

Zifnab
10-09-2003, 09:11 PM
My very first Knights of the Round summoning just left my jaw open. This was my first RPG where damage was estimated by numbers, so seeing all those numbers jump out of the poor Kalm Fang was just amazing.
I hate Ifrit, his damage is just too low at that point in the game. Shiva is useful against the first Jenova form at least.
OTT, probably Kjata. The sequence was long and complex and yet the damage he delt was moderate at best.

Blackphoxx
10-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Have to agree with the choices given.

Leviathan is pretty good...and the entry cgi is good.
Typhoon....well, I thought Chupon was dumb in FF6. Even with better graphics and CGI...he's still annoying.

NM
10-09-2003, 11:12 PM
I'd say Knights of The Round is both the best and most OTT summon in the game.

eternalshiva
10-10-2003, 01:28 PM
bah I'm bias >.< Knights of the round was pretty awesome but I love shiva.

Cz
10-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Leviathan looked awful in FFVII, but his attack animation was alright. He's always been my favourite summon, so I'll say him.

My least favourite would be Ifrit. Again, it looks awful, and at the stage when your have it, Shiva Ramuh are much better. Hades was a disappointment, too.

I don't really think any of the summons were OTT. They all seemed OK to me.

Zeratul
10-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Bahamut is by far the greatest!!!:)

Titan & typhoon kind of sucked:(

Stupid Moomba 88
10-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I agree with what some of you say you say about Ifrit being rubbish, he is just old-fashioned.
Jenova-Rebirth, I forgot about Kjata, can you tell me what he was? I just think that Knights of the round
is extremely powerful, and I think that if you use Quad Summon ( or something like that) and KOTR, you would be unstoppable!

Zifnab
10-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Stupid Moomba 88
Jenova-Rebirth, I forgot about Kjata, can you tell me what he was?
Kjata was a large bull, but about 3/4 of the animation is him appearing with various flame, ice and thundery effects. Then when he does finally appear he does some earth-like effect. And after all that he never really exceeded damage of about 4000 with me before I stopped using him. Not to mention that if you did find an enemy that was weak against one of his elements, like say fire, the other element, ice, would counter that and so it'd probably heal the enemy instead.

Reina
10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Phoenix! :love:

Sefie1999AD
10-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Damage-wise, summons aren't that much different from each other (except for KotR), and I really like lots of summons. Especially Choco/Mog, Hades and Phoenix for the extra effects they do. Odin and Bahamut Zero are also cool. I'll pick Choco/Mog because both Chocoboes and Moogles are cute, and it's a funny summon.

My least favorite summon is Typhoon, I think. I never found it useful, really.

The most OTT summon is definitely Knights of the Round. A two-minute-long animation where 13 giant knights hack and slash all the enemies is pure overkill, IMHO. Especially if you W-Summon them. KotR still rules, though. :D

NM
10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
If you want real bordom link Bahamut Zero with Quadra materia.

10 mins of watching the camera spining around space like a drunk on a skateboard is enough to make you want to watch some paint dry. :D

KOTR may be long winded but it's always fun to watch. :D

Advent Child
10-14-2003, 11:42 PM
well try quad-casting KOTR.... that's a bitch.

NM
10-15-2003, 10:27 AM
No KOTR is fun to watch as for the most part somethings happening.

Bahamut Zero is just long and boring to watch imo.

Angel_Eyes
10-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Thats true :D

I like Shiva the best personally. She looks pretty awesome and does some pretty high damage. And girl power. Isn't she the only female summon?

The worse is Ifrit. His attack power is rubbish, I never use him.

Stupid Moomba 88
10-16-2003, 07:25 PM
The only problem with the summon Bahamut Zero, is not because it is long-winded, its because its all been done before!!:grr: :grr:
Bahamut 1, and Neo Bahamut, what do they just come from off a line or something, then given a new name?

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:grr: :grr: :mad2: :grr: :grr: :mad2: :grr:

Shiva is pretty cool...

Brian The Pink Shark
10-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Did you forget KOTR

Stupid Moomba 88
10-16-2003, 07:36 PM
yes and no.

Yes, it lonnnnnnnnng, but I always notice something new when I watch it. Plus, when you Quadra Magic it, it gives you enough time to go loo, without pausing the game!:D :D :D

soulICE
10-16-2003, 07:42 PM
i never really liked the summons in FF7. sure, i used ChocoMog a few times in boss fights for the paralysing effect and shiva for the first jenova, but other than that, i prefered my characters.

the other summons i never used, just collected them like a useless hobby.. but i did use hades w/ an added affect to my armor until i got a third ribbon..

yet i rarely used the summons in FF8 either (besides junctioning of course)

i rambled on again..:(

Sefie1999AD
10-16-2003, 10:09 PM
I just tried it, and you can't link Knights of the Round with Quadra Magic. Well, you can, but that won't summon them 4 times. It seems KotR is so powerful that it's made the only spell/summon that can't be 4x-cast.

Amarant Odinson
10-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Seeing a little Mog riding a Chocobo was funny. Bahamut Zero was cool the first few tmes was cool too but then you just got sick with it.