PDA

View Full Version : UK PS2 Hard Drive may contain FF11 preinstalled.........

Baloki
10-10-2003, 06:51 PM
It has been announced on the Sony Europe site (If you've ever visited Square-Enix Europes site, you will know why most people visit the Sony site for offcial European details) that the PS2 Hard Drive will probabaly come preinstalled with FF11 and will only cost about £60. Of course that means you would have to wait till feb/march 04' before you can use it but if you plan to buy the PS2 version, you'll have to wait till then cos you need the PS2 hard drive for it to work.

Hope you find this tit-bit of info useful in your purchasing ideas, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Flying Mullet
10-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Sounds like the other pre-packaged game/console bundles that are out there now-a-days. I'm surprised that they are offering it so early though if you have to wait a few months if you're going to play it on your PS2.

Baloki
10-10-2003, 07:42 PM
......................Sony's flagship network game and still is even if it is a year late.

Oh well, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Maxico
10-10-2003, 09:21 PM
awww.
I wanted to get it for pc but now im not sure. well theres still hardly any chance of it coming out in the uk for a year still.

Valarm
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
PC...
This is my main reason why...

The two versions of the game also differ graphically by quite a bit. The PS2 version has richer colors, but runs at a pretty low resolution and a steady 15 frames per second, losing a lot of the excellent finer details. The PC version, on the other hand, can be run in a variety of resolutions and features some graphical details for higher-end video cards, such as bump-mapping on canyon walls.

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/october03/ffximulti/index2.shtml

4th PH down

You'll find some benfits that the PS2 has vs. the PC but can be fixed for the PC with an adapter.

Why suffer bad graphics when you can have the best though siting on the couch with my feet up rather then at a cramped desk would be kinda cool as well. :chuckle:

Masamune-X
10-11-2003, 02:36 AM
FF XI WILL be preinstalled on the hardrive and the pc release date in the US is Oct 28th. The ps2 release date is March though:(.

Baloki
10-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Well it looks confirmed people, also I don't mind which I get cos I'm gonna get the cheapest which is currently the PS2 version for me by about £150. Why? Because I need a new computer to play it, but I do see where your coming from about the graphics things, it was always expected that the PS2 verson would look crapper then on a high-end PC.

Well cool people, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Rostum
10-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Did they say when the PAL version of the PC will be out? In either Europe or Australia? If it's around the same date as the U.S then I won't need to bother importing.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-11-2003, 02:18 PM
bah "(If my Computer can Run it)"

I bought my new Computer just to play FFXI.....

Baloki
10-11-2003, 02:36 PM
But I understand what you mean, the release date has been hinted to be about Jan but remember if you import you will not be able to access world passes created specifically for Europe. Hope that helps, :choc:Baloki:choc:

madcap_wuggly
10-11-2003, 05:17 PM
im gonna buy it for pc, the way i see it if you cant play it youll need youll need to upgrade your pc anyway, im not getting the hardrive due to the fact the pc will be released sooner and as square said, we will release with or without the hardrive released, and i got my pc up to spec and i cant afford to.

Rostum
10-11-2003, 11:54 PM
It depends if I import it or not. Will the PC version be comming out around Christmas time? If not, importing is the only option!

Baloki
10-12-2003, 11:27 AM
.............you'd read the replys to your posts. I have reposted my answer again below, ignore it at your perael!

Originally posted by Baloki
But I understand what you mean, the release date has been hinted to be about Jan but remember if you import you will not be able to access world passes created specifically for Europe. Hope that helps, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Ichy
10-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Why suffer bad graphics when you can have the best though siting on the couch with my feet up rather then at a cramped desk would be kinda cool as well.

My PC is on my coffee table.... Sitting on my couch right now ;)

PC Version, all the way. No tick tick type, tick tick type PS2 Chatting for me..... And no endless waiting, either.... Could always get an extension USB cable and plug a spare keyboard to the PS2..... but still, no endless waiting...

Rostum
10-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Baloki
.............you'd read the replys to your posts. I have reposted my answer again below, ignore it at your perael!

And you seem to ignore the fact that I SAID I lived in Australia and that Australia's games are a different version than the US so we get it at a later date, and you'd ALSO know if you read my post, that I wanted the PC version, not PS2 version.

So read properly next time.

Baloki
10-13-2003, 11:05 AM
you could always go wireless, and omicel (or however its spelt), if you read my post you would realise that I was talking about the PC version and PAL is the european verson of software not australian, and you should mention that in your post as well. Also remember each peice of software comes with a country key only allowing you to join servers that allow that key or if you have the crrect world pass, so please Omicle stop stalking me and stop flaming! I do not need it nor do I deserve it.

Thanks for posting Itchy, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Baloki
10-13-2003, 11:08 AM
And also Omicle do NOT call me american, I spell colour colour not color, no offence meant to the US ppl, but I am from the UK and I do like people to release that so they cannot brag to me about how they have games and I won't even see them released for another year and a half, thats all, thanks, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Rostum
10-13-2003, 11:11 AM
I am not flamming you, you seem to have the wrong idea of forum life. I'm here to discuss things, not stalk or flame, I haven't not incriminated you in any way. If anything you're suttely flamming me, saying I have no sense.

PAL version is European, but Australia ALSO use it. I did mention in the post about a PAL version and for PC. You can join servers from other countries too, for example; American users have imported the game to play on the servers in Japan, in which the servers will be kept for US release anyways.

Baloki
10-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Well how come you seem to be on every board I am on and insulting me on it, I will not reply to your idicium any longer! :choc:Baloki:choc:

Rostum
10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Excuse me, I'm not insulting anything you're saying. I'm just stating facts that you may have wrong, there's a huge difference. I go around to all the forums on this site and post if I feel like it, afterall I am ALLOWED to do that.

Could you please not accuse me of something I am not doing please?

Baloki
10-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Did I hear something? and I won't insult/tell the truth about anyone where it doesn't apply, so I take back my tidus comment from the other board I'm from.

Baloki
10-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Could this board now be closed as I do not want its success to be ruined by flamers, thanks

Flying Mullet
10-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Omecle
And you seem to ignore the fact that I SAID I lived in Australia and that Australia's games are a different version than the US so we get it at a later date, and you'd ALSO know if you read my post, that I wanted the PC version, not PS2 version.

So read properly next time.
Omecle, this whole debate started because you did not say that you were in Australia in an earlier post. You only asked when the PAL version will be available in either Europe or Australia. You did not say that you would be importing to Australia, only that you would be importing in general.

Rostum
10-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Sorry about that, I must have mis-read the first post. I did not flame anyone though, and I'm not stalking anyone.

Anyways, I heard that in the US the game's being shipped to stores on the 18th and then being sold on the 28th. Is this true?

crono_logical
10-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Um, calm down, Baloki :p Omecle's free to post where he likes - I see no signs of him stalking or making suggestive hints at anyone so I think it's just you being paranoid. If you're referring to him posting in the same threrads as you, perhaps he has similar interests (maybe more if he posts elsewhere where you don't too). And please stop double posting/posting multiple time in a row - it's messy and makes you look incompetent at posting if you can't edit additional stuff into your message but make it look like you're having a conversation with yourself instead.

Baloki
10-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Baloki: Hi Baloki how are you?
Baloki: Fine how are you?

Anyways, enough of the sarcasum (spelt wrong and I know it!!!!), has anyones here heard of an offcial UK price here? Cos I know FF11 will be £50 to £60, then forever upward in the costs but I was just wondering if the hard drive would be rediculusly (Spelt wrong again and if any admin or mod or whoever wants to complain about it I ask they install a spell checker!) expensive or if it wold be reasonable.

So if anyone knows please post it here, thanks very much, :choc:Baloki:choc:

P.s: Thanks to the dude and apology accpeted to Omecle (That ones spelt correctly cos I copyed it off the board). Also I should be getting some more info on FF11 soon and I suppose I should post it on a new thread so you alls can keep upto date, also I may nick the webcam view and place it in my sig so that you can all have a look at what is going on in the Beta.

P.p.s: I feel as if this looks messier then double posting, but if I am told to do something I suppose I had better comply, I don't think other people should miss out on some of the info I have access to, mwhahahahahahaha.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Wow, also I found the smily face button, hehe, isn't it cool, now all it needs to do is spin in circles, hehe. Oh well I think the world should now be a happier place, be happy people, be happy.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Finally, as I feel my messages don't get fully read here is a synopsis:
Just posting to see if anyone has an idea of the price of the hard drive (with FF11 installed) as I cannot get hold of the price, thank you, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Rostum
10-16-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm glad one of my mistakes was forgiven. :) As long as you know I wasn't having a go at you or anything, just trying to be nice.

I heard thsat the HDD with FFXI installed would be around ~$100 dollars U.S. So just convert that to your currency and see how much it is approximatly.

Baloki
10-17-2003, 11:25 AM
yowser, thats £70.

Rostum
10-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Yes, alot of money indead. That's why I'm aiming for the PC version. ;)