PDA

View Full Version : Help with a few questions?

Stirred
10-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Yes im sure these posts are getting annoying :\ but I hope if anyone can help me with these questions they will help others as well.

First, I heard when you make your character you get to pick his/her city thingy to start in, and if you pick the city that your race is orignally from you get a "status-up ring" but if you wanted to start in another city (like a Hume in Windurst) would you still get the status-up ring?

Last but not least, what stat is better for a monk, Int or Mind?

Thanks for any help :D

SubMatrix
10-11-2003, 07:25 PM
No, you only get the ring if you start off in your racial city.

And unless you are going to have a sub-class that uses black magic mind is better than int. Int affects your black magic power whereas mind affects white magic power, reisting abnormal status, and magical defense.

Krystic_WLA
10-11-2003, 08:06 PM
well both INT and MND arent very well going with the monk, but if you had to choose from the 2 i would say MND is better than INT

Stirred
10-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Ah thanks alot! Just had to clear that up, thanks again :D

Rostum
10-11-2003, 11:48 PM
A bit racist don't you think? :P Meh, how good are these rings you get? Doesn't really matter to me, I'm a Tarutaru going to start in Windurst anyways.

Krystic_WLA
10-11-2003, 11:59 PM
well if you are a taru starting in windurst the ring helps you alot for your first few levels

Rostum
10-12-2003, 12:12 AM
What's stats would get boosted up for a MNK?

Krystic_WLA
10-12-2003, 12:39 AM
you dont get boosts on certain things depending on ur job, u get the same boost in any job you take and u start in windurst.....

...in windurst the ring boosts int and mind i believe

Lionx
10-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Actually Windrust is +3MP, +1 AGL and +1 INT

The MND boost is the SanDoria one.

Being a mage i am poor so that country ring helps me even at lvl 28.

Stirred
10-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Just another weird question, I keep hearing about these "Dark" classes like "Dark Elf" so i'm wondering can you choose to be on the dark side or light side or something? or am I horribly wrong :P

Thanks again for any help XD

SubMatrix
10-12-2003, 04:57 AM
There's a Dark Elf in EQ, and a Dark Knight in this game, but as far as I know there is no sort of light side/dark side system beyond the role playing aspects. i.e. paladins obviously don't get along with dark knights. But I don't think there's any sort of faction system for good vs. evil.

Leighton

Rostum
10-12-2003, 06:15 AM
The dark side of the races are NPC's I'm pretty sure, and they only come out after you defeat Shadow Lord (I think). Yeah, you kill em! xD

Stirred
10-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Hmmm I was thinking, could you trade rings with someone? Can you wear two of the same rings? thanks yet again for any help :P

SubMatrix
10-12-2003, 04:11 PM
I would imagine that they are "NO DROP" but then again I have no idea. It just seems that it could be exploited if they weren't.

Leighton

Lionx
10-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Sure you can trade normal rings that arent with the Exclusive symbol on them. You can throw em away anytime(but you cannot however pick it up, once u throw things away its gone for good).

The Starting ring is EX and RARE. Meaning that its non-tradable.

Stirred
10-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Thanks lionx for clearing that up for me, but I saw on FFArena.com that you can make a ring in your starting city, when your rank 3, if you didnt get one to start with, so does that mean a Hume could eventually get a Windurst Ring? The info also says "Only one rare item is allowed per player, you cannot trade/sell these anywhere. But you are allowed to have one of each ring." so how would you get 2 rings? especally if your only aloud "one rare item per character", I hope someone can clear this up for me :cool:

Lionx
10-13-2003, 06:37 AM
You can get another ring if you spend conquest points u rack up from conquesting. You spend it by talking to the gate guards.

Stirred
10-13-2003, 04:09 PM
but can you equip them both? because they are both rare, and does this mean a Hume/Elvaan could actaully get a Windurst ring? or are you just telling me how to get two in your home city? Thanks for helping me again linox :D

Ichy
10-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Hrmm... Think if that's the case I'll be making a Hume and not a Kitty... That would easily settle my dilemma on name choice, too, seeing as though I have 2 favorites and I'm only making one toon for this game.

Lionx
10-13-2003, 07:31 PM
If you already got one i fail to see why you would get another, change alligence(you keep your ring tho) and do some missions for say SanDoria and get their ring with CP. Which boosts STR and MND. So yea.