PDA

View Full Version : Doomtrain

Erdrick Holmes
10-13-2003, 04:22 AM
I know you need certain items to put in the Solomen ring to unlock Doomtrain but what ones and how do I get them?

Also not to brag but I got the punishment when I first got to FH in Disc 2, lets just say I play Triple Triad enough.

Rostum
10-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Well, I think you need a few Malbaro's tenticles. I'm not really sure what else, it's been a long time since I tried getting Doomtrain.

TheAbominatrix
10-13-2003, 12:46 PM
As usual, GameFaqs.com has all the info you could need, in fact they probably have a specific file just for this.

neeber
10-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Joel
I know you need certain items to put in the Solomen ring to unlock Doomtrain but what ones and how do I get them?

Also not to brag but I got the punishment when I first got to FH in Disc 2, lets just say I play Triple Triad enough.

You need: 6 Marlboro Tentacle, 6 Steel Pipes and 6 Remedy+.

And not to brag, but i got the Lionheart at the end of Disc 1.

Erdrick Holmes
10-13-2003, 03:39 PM
How do I get a remedy plus?

Rand Al'Tor
10-13-2003, 07:56 PM
I think Alexander has distill medicine which allows you to make better medicines. You use one or two remedies two make one remedy+.

Spatvark
10-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Alexander's Med LV Up: 10 Remedy's make 1 Remedy+

Big D
10-13-2003, 11:16 PM
The Solomon Ring itself is at Tear's Point in Esthar. Just get the requisite items, then use the ring, and Doomtrain is yours.

Advent Child
10-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by neeber
And not to brag, but i got the Lionheart at the end of Disc 1.
I really don't think that's possible.

EDIT: I used the revolver until I got the Lionheart =D

neeber
10-14-2003, 02:04 PM
It i very much possible.

First you need to lvl up in the Balamd Garden Training Are until you reach lvl 30-35. At that point you shoulb be able to get the needed Dragon Fangs from the T-Rexaurs there.

Then you need to get 20 Elnoyle Cards, just play around in Garden or Balamb. Zell's mom and the Quistis Groupies carry this card.
Use Card Mod to turn the cards into 2 Energy Crystals and then Ifrit's Ammo Ref to turn the Crystals into 20 Pulse Ammo.

That's two out of three.

In the end of Disc One, when you need to go into the Tomb of the Unknown King, defeat Minotaur and... the other guy and Card Mod the Minotaur Card into 10 Adamantine.

There you go, you can now create the Lionheart on Disc One.

Rand Al'Tor
10-14-2003, 10:58 PM
And do NOT forget to get Solomon's ring at Tear's point ASAP. That is, as soon as you're in Esthar, as you can't do it anymore after a certain point in the game.

Advent Child
10-14-2003, 11:22 PM
It i very much possible.

First you need to lvl up in the Balamd Garden Training Are until you reach lvl 30-35. At that point you shoulb be able to get the needed Dragon Fangs from the T-Rexaurs there.

Then you need to get 20 Elnoyle Cards, just play around in Garden or Balamb. Zell's mom and the Quistis Groupies carry this card.
Use Card Mod to turn the cards into 2 Energy Crystals and then Ifrit's Ammo Ref to turn the Crystals into 20 Pulse Ammo.

That's two out of three.

In the end of Disc One, when you need to go into the Tomb of the Unknown King, defeat Minotaur and... the other guy and Card Mod the Minotaur Card into 10 Adamantine.

There you go, you can now create the Lionheart on Disc One.

And the magazine?

Ifrit's Bodyguard
10-14-2003, 11:43 PM
You don't need the magazine if you have the right items.

BoB dA aLiEn
10-15-2003, 01:29 AM
where do u get the steel pipes i have steel orbs but thats it

neeber
10-15-2003, 01:50 PM
If i remeber correctly you can get Steel Pipes from fighting Wendigos and from Card Modding Elastoid Cards.

Rand Al'Tor
10-15-2003, 01:51 PM
If you WANT the magazine BTW, you can find it in the flashback with Lagune when they're in Esthar (no that doesn't make sense) or buy it in the book store in Esthar.

Rinoas'_evil_twin
10-15-2003, 03:38 PM
But, if you get the magazine in Lagunas time you can sell it in Squalls time for lots of cash, just like that magazine that you find in Balamb Library.

Advent Child
10-15-2003, 08:20 PM
I thought you needed the magazine to make them. meh.

Skogs
10-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Advent Child
I thought you needed the magazine to make them. meh.

No, but the only way to find out what the ingredients are (within the game that is, obviously you can go to gamefaqs :rolleyes2) without actually having them beforehand is to get the magazine.

Erdrick Holmes
10-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Ok Now I need steel pipes, I forgot where to get them at.

neeber
10-21-2003, 05:41 AM
If i remeber correctly you can get Steel Pipes from fighting Wendigos and from Card Modding Elastoid Cards.