PDA

View Full Version : Random help on...er...stuff...

katana
10-13-2003, 11:35 PM
Earth cave. Baaadddd. Anyway, I decided to risk it and beat it as a level 9. So now Im wondering if i can skip fighting the Earth elemental kind of thing and get the airship and come back to the Earth guy later. Mainly because I am in desperate need of that warp spell, because i dont want to go through five levels of the dungeon, fight a guy, and then go back through those five again. Anyway, Im level 10 now, so should I just risk it or what. Im sure this topic will stay up for the next thing I will end up needing help for.:choc:

Flying Mullet
10-13-2003, 11:38 PM
You can't get the Warp spell until after you have beaten the earth cave. That's part of the charm of the earth cave, the fact that you have to walk through it so many times. But, have no fear, after you get to the end of the cave, there is a warp back to the entrance.

katana
10-15-2003, 12:57 AM
well, i beat it, but now i need to know what level i should probably be before taking on the ice cave. Got the canoe, and im still struggling eith the river enemes a little.

Flying Mullet
10-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Depends upon your strategy. Usually levels in the high teens is a good idea for the Ice Cave, but I know a lot of people that do the cave by just running from every random encounter. If you follow that approach then you only need to be in the low teens to get through. Either way, make sure you save before entering(although you should be in the habit of saving before any cave now) as the enemies in the Ice Cave are some of the most frustrating in the game.

katana
10-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah, running is always my strategy. Plus i got the emulator so i can save after every battle. But still, Ill need to make it without being utterly destroyed when i go into a random encounter.

Garland
10-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Skill doesn't matter in the Ice Cave. Levels don't matter either - save for running ability. If you're going to beat the Ice Cave, all you need is luck. If the game wants you to die in the Ice Cave it only has to let the enemies strike first in a battle with sorcerers. One hit kills that disregard defenses; six enemies vs four heroes - there's not much you can do. Fortunately, if you get to the Eye at the end, it's a pushover. Getting there is tough without savestate abuse.

Materia Keeper
10-21-2003, 03:35 AM
Yeah, sorcerors suck, but I think Mages are worse. They have this uncanny ability to attack and rub the heck out of your party when you are just thinking, "Wow, I could make it this time!!!" They often get first hit, and if they don't rub, they just LIT2 or something.

(Can you fight frost wolves in Ice Cave? I can't remember. If you can, they suck too.)

katana
10-21-2003, 11:18 PM
So asumming I run from everything, and i make it to eye, when i kill him to i have to walk through the entire rest of the dngeon?

Flying Mullet
10-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Yes, you have to make your way though part of the dungeon again. But this time when you get back up to the first floor, rather than fall down the hole to get the floater, go behind the room with the holes and there is a staircase that takes you outside.

I made the mistake of taking the staircase once before dropping down and getting the floater and had to go back to town to stock up and do the whole cave again. Arrghhh!!. I never made that mistake again.

Materia Keeper
10-22-2003, 09:41 PM
If you can't make it through, Keep one thing in mind. Treasure is not your friend. NO!!! IT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!! Almost every treasure chest has a set encounter in front of it. It's usually frost dragons. Frost dragons aren't very fun to fight, mainly because they do Frost. If you can't go without the Ice Armor and the second Ice Sword, come back later, when you have better stuff, so then, after you die, you'll say,"This isn't worth it at all. Screw this." The only way to get around this is running like mad with thieves. And if you use thieves, you are going to die anyway. ZING!!! ;)