PDA

View Full Version : Story People

Brownjames07
10-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Am I the only person that never used story people. Its not that they weren't good, but by the time I got them, I didn't need them. My normal people were so important that story people would have screwed up my game. I think its funny when I'm reading other people post and they only have story people. I got everyone, including Cloud, but I didn't use them often, just to see their moves. What did everyone else do??

Garland
10-14-2003, 03:10 AM
I only use story people. I fill up my army with every story character there is. I count Alicia, Rad, Lavian as plot characters as well as Boco and Byblos. Essentially, I only keep characters that are standard to every game. It works out that you have just enough character slots to keep everyone if you fire your initial handful of generics. Even if I were going to use generics, I wouldn't take the initial bunch. I'd buy some that I can have a say in the initial brave and faith, as well as names that I like. But that hasn't come up yet.

Pancaek
10-14-2003, 05:54 AM
On my first time through, I never used story people. I'd already worked on my generics too much to want to get rid of them. The only times I ever used them were at a certain battle near the end (Balk II), and at Nelveska Temple, because those were just too hard. This time I'm using story people more, just to see if they're any better. I find some of them more fun (mostly Beowulf so far, I don't have Reis or Cloud yet), but I think I made the right choice in leaving them for the second playthrough.

Chzn8r
10-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Same thing here Skye, only I used Orlandu on my first time through, seeing as he started off doing twice the damage that the character I replaced was doing, not to mention Orlandu was a bigger guy, and all his attacks had range and basically killed anything in one hit.

But yeah, the first time through, you build up your generics and think "Gee I can't replace these, I spent too much time on them!", but in your next game, you find that you don't need to spend so much time on your generics, you can just go through until you get story characters, who when built up have most all the best skills.

Brownjames07
10-15-2003, 05:04 AM
I don't think that story people make the game any better or easier, whenever I did you story people I would just have them there for back up, or to try to level them up, even my second, and third, and ... I just don't see the point. Its much more fun to name them after your friends and just have a party of close friends.