PDA

View Full Version : FFX and FFX-2

Sefie1999AD
10-14-2003, 08:22 PM
What did you think about FFX, and how good do you think FFX-2 will be when compared to FFX? I myself think FFX's an alright game, and FFX-2 might either be a better game or a total flop. The battle system and non-linear gameplay sound interesting, but I've hardly heard any good things about the storyline. I'll put lots of choices to this poll, so go ahead and pick up one that you think is the most correct for you.

EDIT: Since there's so many choices in the poll, and each alternative is quite long, be sure to read carefully before you vote. :p

Xander
10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
I voted "I think FFX is a great game and FFX-2 will be about as good".
Firstly I voted that, cos I thought FFX was great (to me) maybe cos I don't analyse it and pick out all the bad things but just cos all I know is I enjoyed it and couldn't stop playing it!
As for FFX-2 I am really looking forward to it, I think the dress up sphere system sounds fun even if it is a bit girly, I'm keen to see Square's new ideas, and confident that they will produce a fun game again!

I can't say whether I think it will be better, cos like I say it depends on how much I enjoy it, not on the "mechanics" of it. When I play it I'll know but until them I'm expecting it to be as good as FFX was, in the sense that I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed FFX. Which I am sure I will cos I like it when Square try new things and I'm sure it will be a good game because Square is a very good gamemaker! :D

SomethingBig
10-15-2003, 12:46 AM
I chose "I think FFX is a stupid game and FFX-2 will be better". People already know about why I hate FFX. Why would the sequel be any better than the first game, you ask? Simple. The Job System that everyone should know and love is back. The ATB system is also back. However, because of the mistake I made in buying FFX, I've decided to rent FFX-2 before actually buying it.

eternalshiva
10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
FFX was decent and the story line was captivating but the game play sucked ... too short and not enough freedom. I hope FFX-2 will fill my NEEDS! so it will be better because it has lots of stuff different in it... such as the job classes *nods*

m4tt
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
FFX is a pretty good game, but FFX-2 won't be as good.

The idea of a sequal is still dumb, imo.

Skogs
10-19-2003, 01:00 AM
FFX was really good. Sequels are never as good as the originals. 'nuff said.

SephirothsAngel
10-20-2003, 10:36 PM
I voted 'I think FFX is a great game and FFX-2 will be about as good'. I haven't really heard anything and I like to form my own opinion about games. Anyway, I'm hoping FFX-2 will be about as good.

Ultros0
10-23-2003, 01:59 AM
sequels to ended stories are never good, but usually when it leaves you hanging the sequel is better because it isn't something brought out of nowhere. Matrix 2 was better than 1. I am always open to new things, and X-2's all girl cast sounds interesting. It will probably appeal to the people who liked 10's storyline and like the whole love theme, obviously, and not the stupid immature people who don't understand the theme and purpose behind each final fantasy.

FFX is a really good game, FFX-2 is about the same, maybe better, but it's hard to get as good as X