PDA

View Full Version : The most memorable moment?

Breine
10-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Well, what do you think is the most memorable moment of the entire game? I know it can be hard to choose just one, but try anyway :D

Mine is the ending movie. It's all just so beautiful and it sums up the entire game in a good way...

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 02:21 AM
When Laguna went to Rainies gravesite. I bet that has been 1st time in a long time he ever went back at Winhill scince Rainie died.

SomethingBig
10-24-2003, 12:40 AM
When Squall saves Rinoa in space. That was a very beautiful moment.

LeBlanc
10-24-2003, 08:41 PM
when Seifer laughed at the end :love:

MagicKnight Locke
10-24-2003, 09:54 PM
esthar the first time

Angel_Reaper
10-25-2003, 01:36 AM
I forgot about Esthar. To bad there is not a real city like that here. :( I move there no questions asked.

BorIzEE27
10-25-2003, 05:39 AM
mine would be when the two gardens do battle.

Hikaru
10-26-2003, 01:46 AM
The ending for me and more than that ^_^

Shlup
10-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Zell finally getting his hotdogs. Aww...

lonely
12-30-2003, 02:23 PM
The most memorable moments are:
Opening Scene
The dance scene
Where Squall saves Rinoa at the Esthar Sorceress memorial
and of course the Ending
but I really love FF8
I't's the best ff game ever

Bud Light
01-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Well yeah I'd say it's a tie between Squall saving Rinoa in outer space and Zell finally getting his hot dog.

Bahumat
01-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey, like your quote Bud Light. pretty much agree with you too. (if anyone has any quotes they would like to have me cart around for them, just ask).

gokufusionss1
01-16-2004, 01:13 PM
the opening scene it was epic and griped me like no other game has before.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Opening Scene
Squall getting impaled
Rinoa on Squall's lap
Squall smiling and kissing Rinoa at the very end

Iceglow
01-19-2004, 01:47 PM
I always seem to remember the opening scene (sorry but is there any other FF with that epic an intro Squall and Seifer head to head with gunblades :D )

Then the journey to Dollet (possibly because this is the first I ever saw of FF8 the demo in the Uk was from the landing at Lapin beach to Quistis showing how good she is with a big gun.) and landing also the scene with the heavy machine gun

Garden to garden battle in centra you wanna see more of the fight then don't run immediately to the left after saving Rinoa you see the SeeDs and the G-Army fighting it out with missiles and swords in one helluva scene. Also the speach Squall gives to the Cadets before the final assault it really drew me in and wanna take every G-soldier in the world down. Also "Nida can you use Garden as a weapon Ram them like they ram us?" whatthe hell one of the best quotes in the game

Esthar tears point in the Ragnorak guns everywhere where I didn't expect them to be mounted before actually clawing the way in with the Ragnorak brilliant

the ending as it was the best possible way to sum up the game although you never actually get told that Laguna is Squalls dad it probably made it better. (by this point both should have realised it)

Reeva
02-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Mine is the scene in Esthar Sorceress Memorial when Squall saves Rinoa, scenes in space, ending (I finally saw Ultimecia in movie:)) and that kiss on the balcony....:love:

Ramza_Beouvle
02-09-2004, 03:34 AM
The scene where Squall and Rinoa were in the Ragnarok and the ending and dancing one was very nice too

SeeDRankLou
02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
The sequence where Rinoa is floating through space. That really sad violin music and that really slow and suspenseful progression of the scene. It's sad, she's remembering, you think she going to die....is she dead.....no don't die....(please not a repeat of FF7)....yeah Squall saves her. Good stuff.

Montoya
02-11-2004, 01:32 AM
The most memorable moment for me would have to be the opening scene, I thought it was coolest thing back when I started playing it.

Anaralia
02-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks to the demo, which I played about 50 million times before getting the game, the dance scene is the one most firmly drilled into my brain. It's not the best one, maybe, but when someone mentions the game I think of that scene. And since your question asked for "memorable" scenes, well, for me there's no contest.

Derman
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
I finished all game 3 times and I'll start it one more time (when I got new PSX).
When i completet game first time i had 16 years.
Second time olmost 17 years.
Third time i was in half way to 18 years.

But all the times one Moment was the best.
I can even tell that i was olmost cry'ing at that moment.
That moment was from time when Squall went into deep space to save hes Love, and its ending when they were landing back on Earth.

Thats the beessstttt moment of the game.

Ofcourse the ending movie was great too.

Squall04
02-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Intro movie, really gripping.

And the final form of Ultimecia dissolving when I defeated her, and ofcourse the ending movie.

Aphelion
02-23-2004, 04:30 PM
The ending movie was very cool. But I still think that FFIX ending movie is much better.

lonely
02-23-2004, 05:01 PM
well I love all the FMV's and I loved every aspect of the game, so yeah doody.:D

MeriC
02-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by SeedRankLou
The sequence where Rinoa is floating through space. That really sad violin music and that really slow and suspenseful progression of the scene. It's sad, she's remembering, you think she going to die....is she dead.....no don't die....(please not a repeat of FF7)....yeah Squall saves her. Good stuff.

Yeah, that was pretty sad, but I never got it! I mean she's floating in space and her oxygen is gone, then she sees the rings on her necklace and smiles.... so she pushes a button on her suit to get more oxygen? Why didn't she do it sooner? :rolleyes2

DocFrance
02-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Definitely the part when Squall misses catching Rinoa after the Lunar Cry, and they both die alone in the cold dead of space. I was pretty disapointed, though, when I find out that you had to do it over again to make sure that they lived. What a gyp.

zacks_clone
02-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Definitely the part when Squall misses catching Rinoa after the Lunar Cry, and they both die alone in the cold dead of space. I was pretty disapointed, though, when I find out that you had to do it over again to make sure that they lived. What a gyp.

:: blinks :: YEAH!somone agrees!

but,well,really the most memorable moment in VIII for me was the introduction to Zell,and the dance(havent beaten it yet.know how it ends ofcourse:D)

Ice_andmice
02-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Probbably when they arrive at Ultimecia castle.. that was pretty powerful scene...

rigell
02-25-2004, 03:38 AM
when i first summoned Doomtrain, that was great, one of the funniest summonings i have ever seen in a final fantasy. i mean, who would expect a gigantic train to come and smack into your enemies? good stuff.

MorningGlow
02-25-2004, 05:20 PM
the dance was the best!!! I always remember that and the second ending movie. I love that dress!!! I want the dress :( hehehehe

It was so sweet when laguna went back to see raine - it was really sad aswell.

SeeDRankLou
02-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MeriC
Yeah, that was pretty sad, but I never got it! I mean she's floating in space and her oxygen is gone, then she sees the rings on her necklace and smiles.... so she pushes a button on her suit to get more oxygen? Why didn't she do it sooner? :rolleyes2

I think it was because she gave up. I mean, she's floating through space, no one's there to save her, she's going to run out of oxygen and die. Or....she's floating through space, no one's there to save her, she's running out of oxygen, she turns on the emergency supply, she lives five more minutes, she's going to run out of oxygen and die. She had given up hope that she was going to make it out of this. But when Squall talked to her in her mind and when she saw his ring, that gave her hope again, so she turned on her emergency oxygen. That's what I think at least.

I also liked the dance. I remember how impressively awesome those graphics were, and it was kind of cute.

FinalDreamer
03-08-2004, 10:14 AM
When laguna visits raine's .:cry: NO DOUBT!!!!!!lolx ...Angel REaper U ROX!!!lolx

queen of the jungle
03-08-2004, 08:40 PM
I just wish there was a place that you could watch the videos at any time! I hate having to go back and fight again and again to see them!

Marcus
03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
So true... I remember copying all the FF7 movies to my hard drive.. The PC version simply had them as AVI files on the CD. Sweet.

lonely
03-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Well I have all of FF8's FMV's on video tape, coz I taped them so I can jes watch them any time I like he, he.:D

Kirobaito
03-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
So true... I remember copying all the FF7 movies to my hard drive.. The PC version simply had them as AVI files on the CD. Sweet.

All of mine were upside-down. How did you flip them?

Anyway, the most memorable moment was the opening video. Then it all went downhill from there.

Marcus
03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Flip them? I never had to flip them... I just opened them with Windows Media Player, and they worked just fine =)

Anyway, if you get upside down movies, most modern video-editing software can repair that, I believe.. Or you could always just stand on your head.

Kirobaito
03-09-2004, 05:12 PM
**stands on head**

Okay, it works now. Thanx.

eninen525
03-23-2004, 07:02 AM
first time watching the ending movie was pretty hilarious for me. fujin pushing raijin over the dock .. zell choking on hotdogs. .. of course i was a child back then.

The Nique
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Although I firmly belive you should normally have beaten the game to earn this, I will share this link with you guys, becuase I'm the nicest guy in the world.

This page has seveal utilities on it... download the PSXMC (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html)

The PSX MC, once installed, will allow you to pop in all ff8 discs (one at a time of course), and rip EVERYTHING. That means movies in their pure clean forms, backrounds, charecter bmps, and even music. It might take a while if your PC isn't up to snuff (Just ripping the movies took my athlon 2200+ processor and 512 ram quite a while... so don't expect it to do it in a snap)

Anyway, I'd imagine that the EoFF staff might want to put this little dohicky up for download... it rips all ff7 movies (and YES, I'm talking the playstation discs here) and ff9, as well as the FF8 ones of course...

Rinoa on Squall's lap in ragnorok.... Romanticest moment evar! (And yes, I made up that word, and yes, I spelled "ever" wrong on purpose)

eninen525
03-24-2004, 12:27 AM
whoa ive always wantd somin like that .. i hope it works ill try it later. so does it work wit ff8 pc ? i cant find my ff8 psx version at the moment

edit: sweet .. it works. only downside is the small resolution but still very cool