PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Monster?

Tatics Master
10-17-2003, 10:45 AM
One of the things I love about FFT is the ability to have monsters in your party! What is your favorite monster to have in your party and why? It dosen't have to be a powerful monster just the one that you always seem to want to have with you!

I always get a Vampire! I luv these guys because they can turn the enemy to stone and can move fast on high places and have a good evade %! There only weakness is that they can't go in water(but if the enemy is close enough u can still hit them with the petrify-stop thing) and they don't have a lot of hit points,but u can fix that in random battles though! And they have Blood Suck too! I always name the Vampire Blacke and in battles I make him Ramza's personal protector:) ,so whoever tries to get Ramza will find a Black Cat ready to pounce on em'!

Well thats mine....what about yours?:D

Chzn8r
10-18-2003, 02:16 AM
The only monsters besides Boco I ever had were the Dragons in the Super Monster Bariaus Hill battle (10 levels higher than me :) ) that I had Reis tame. I never used them.

I'm going to do a bit more taming in the future, though.

Pancaek
10-18-2003, 05:44 AM
I've never used monsters that much, but I've always been attracted to the Hydra class. Red Chocobos are nice too, assuming they make as good allies as they do enemies.

arcdragon9
10-18-2003, 11:06 PM
I would have'ta go with Dragons. Red ones in particular. I just prefer Fire over the other elements, with exception to Holy, which one charecter alone gets. O well.

Holy_Paladin
10-19-2003, 03:41 AM
Hey!
BEHEMOTS! Behemots are the coolest monsters! They are cool, but that's not ONLY because they are the more frightful monsters... They are invincible! they have tons of hp (900+), tons of Physical Attack Power and even more Magical Attack Power, and if that is not sufficient, they have the most powerful magic in the game, Giga Flare! It's almost as strong as Zodiac summon. Want more? In other words...

BEHEMOTS RULE!!!

Brownjames07
10-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Its all about the Hydra, who can say no to a monster with three heads, not only that, but if you try to gang up on on he can just blast fire in three directions at once. I don't use monsters that much, but whenever I do, It must be a hydra, nothing else compares.

Outsider
10-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Well, I like Morbols... They are not strong but they are cool...

Pancaek
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Well, I like Morbols... They are not strong but they are cool...
Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They are so cute. <3

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-25-2003, 10:21 AM
wow at the variaty.

thought everyone would say chocobos and hydras.

personally I like Black chocobos....cuz i ride em and they fly.

and also Timat because.....well....Pownage!!!

Destruction666
10-28-2003, 04:01 AM
Black Chocobos, Before I learned that you could open the castle gate in the battle outside of Lionel castle
I used one to ferry my characters over the castle wall.

Outsider
10-28-2003, 04:37 AM
You can open the castle gate?

... It doesn't make any difference, but I want to do that, now...

Chzn8r
10-28-2003, 06:08 AM
I find I really like Tiamats now...

Tatics Master
10-29-2003, 03:38 AM
What about Skeletons?

But dont use them vs Humans thell just drop a Phonix Down on em!:tongue:

Chzn8r
10-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Skye-chan
Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They are so cute. <3

Morbols are the green tentacle thingies with the big mouths... URIBOS are the cute thingies.

Outsider
10-30-2003, 02:24 AM
Well, that's why they're cute... I would like to have one as a pet....

Destruction666
10-31-2003, 06:27 AM
There's a little switch to the left of the door on Ramza's side. Black chocobo's not only can fly over anything (such as a castle wall) but choco ball is a very powerful 5 panal range attack, as well as they have Choco esuna.
it cures more illnesses than stigma magic. and of course who can forget the taimat. which has the three way attack all Hydra class breaths and ......DARK WHISPER!!!
Both monsters are pure Pownage :cool:

Never Ping
12-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Skeleton, because has thunder soul.

Tatics Master
12-22-2003, 05:22 AM
but they have a major weakness....a phonix down can take them out....but sometimes they revive..but if they dont it pisses me off!:mad2:

unknown88
12-22-2003, 11:58 PM
I like most monsters, but I wish some of them were stronger, like the Morbol, his other FF cousin the Marlboro was a dangerous threat, but Morbols are just... funny :D .

Anyways, I have no fav, but I like the following:

Hydra:not Tyamat, the Hydra, he gives way better items when poached and he is dark colored :)

Red Chocobo

Mindflare: they're slow, but its funny to make the opponents confused

Sacred: He's blue and I wish my allies could learn gather power.

Tatics Master
12-23-2003, 09:50 AM
The monsters are strong...its only when they join your party it seems like they get weaker....except for dragons and tymits....I got a red choco once and he was taking off 299 at least on my party then when I invited him to join my party he only took 233 off enemys at the most...i was pissed!:mad2:

Edgar
12-23-2003, 02:04 PM
increase his MA for Choco Metoer (I think) to be more powerful.

Garland
12-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Uribos and the evolved walking pig monsters were my favorites. I had a special all pig team consisting of five top evolution pig-monsters. It was horrible in battle, but funny in its own way.

Mehka Gallant
12-25-2003, 01:15 PM
I've always been fond of the Red Chocobo... 'Choco Meteor' is awfully handy, and they're quick little buggers... I suppose the 'Ride' ability is awfully handy to those units who just can't keep up...