PDA

View Full Version : Playing FFXI W/ Friends When First Starting..

Rizzice
10-18-2003, 04:47 PM
I heard that when you first sign up for FFXI, it will randomly choose a permenant server for all your characters(other than using a WP), and you won't be able to switch unless you can get a friend to give you a WP.

Is this true, because I have like 4 friends that were planning on playing together, but if WP's are required, it may be harder... how much are WP's and how long do they take to buy, when first starting out?

SubMatrix
10-18-2003, 05:01 PM
In the beginning WP's will run only about 100 gil (the last time I check during beta they were going for 104 gil). You can only buy one WP per week, though you person you invite using your WP can then purchase an additional WP.

Also, during character creation you have an option to pick your server. However, you are in no way guarenteed to get the server you type in. But, if you pick a server that's near the bottom, your chances are pretty good. How do you know which server's are at the bottom? The game will automatically put all new characters onto which ever server has the lowest character population. Have one person make a character and allow themself to be randomly assigned, then have everyone else type in the name of that server to join. If done quickly enough you should be able to get everyone into the same server without need for WP'S.

Lastly, this topic is currently being discussed on like 4 other threads, if you have any further questions please check those =).

Leighton

Rizzice
10-19-2003, 01:21 AM
Oh.. sorry I must have not looked for the topics :x

Well ty for the info, it puts my mind at ease.. for now. :p