? If i have the newly released us ver of ffxI can i play it
from South Africa and is the us servers going to alow
me to create an acount??

eestlinc
10-19-2003, 05:47 AM
welcome to EoFF!

Shlup
10-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Just off the top of my head, I'd say its possible but it would be slow. I honestly don't know anything about it, but if you already bought a copy then all you can do is try.

Rostum
10-19-2003, 07:38 AM
You should be able to, but you'd need to create a US address and phone number to sign up an account. The servers are in Japan, all of them, they're not in the US.

Bahamut2000X
10-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Well considering how there have been hundreds of import players playing the japanese game from all over the world, then I'ld say yes it's quite possible. Probally best to go to www.ffxionline.com on all the details on how to play the North American release elsewhere in the world as I'm not sure of all the details. But luckily since Square did a good job getting the game to work well you won't experience too much lag with the large distance between you and the servers.

And also Omecle, he's talking about the North American release, the North American servers are here, not Japan, it would be ludicrious to keep them there when we need them here to even run the game.

Rostum
10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Oh, I thought he meant for the importers... or something... ah I was tired when I responded to it. But yeah, what you said sounds right.