PDA

View Full Version : Summoners

Aerio
10-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Heya All...Im gonna be a summoner despite all the critisisim I hear :) just cuz I like summoner-like classes. Anyways I was wondering whats the point in making a system of when the summoner lvls the Summon gets new abilities...because if you need a group of 60s to get a summon won't most of its skills already be known since yer lvl 60 already? Sorry if this is confusing im terrible at explaining whats in my head :) but any help would be nice...like am I wrong about the system? Or is it just dumb?

Rostum
10-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Once you switch to Summoner for the first time then your level for that job goes back down to 1. You don't level your character in this game, you level the jobs.

They say to be level 60 in a job, because the quest to get the Summoner job is hard.

Bahamut2000X
10-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Not just the quest to get the class avaliable to you, but to actually obtain the summons after the initial one, as you are allowed 5 other people to go fight it (so 6 in total) and the summons are powerful. I've heard Garuda alone has a attack that des 1800 damage to the entire party. So being a summoner takes a lot of work and luck.

Ouch!
10-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Sounds like I'll be having fun for a while.

Kalel
10-28-2003, 12:44 AM
Thats why I think Summoner job will be good once you get all summons and level up summoner job. Because they won't let you go through all that trouble and give you a crappy job. No other advance job is harder than summoner. You don't have to fight 60+ enemies to make job better like summoner does (unless they add ultimate weapons for warrior class jobs you can fight for???). But summoner does take work. And you probably won't go bored with all the stuff you have to do to get all the summons.

Believe me all other advance jobs, you work in job once you obtain it. But summoner is not good till you get summons from quests not initial summons Carbunle (who isn't work much till higher levels).

I think Summoner job will be okay once everyone who has it gets experience with job and level up.

:whoa:

natagii
10-28-2003, 03:25 AM
Last I heard the main critism about summoners is their mana consumption is way too high. After the initial summon, you lose mana every second, and mana isnt very easy to gain back (pretty much reminds me of EverQuest -- having to sit and med for 15 min. and not be able to do anything :p )

natagii
10-28-2003, 03:26 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to add a question of my own to this thread :P

How is a summon attack works? ex. Ifrit's Hellfire, Shiva's DiamondDust, does it cost extra mana to use them after the inital summon?