PDA

View Full Version : Thievery

Zifnab
10-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Since the very start of my new save I've been working on getting this up to 9999. I just entered Kuja's Palace on disk 3 and it's currently doing 4060ish each time. Bear in mind I've stolen at least once in every single battle since the game started. Will the damage amount go up higher, like Freya's Dragon Crast? Also, does who you steal from and what you steal make a difference how much it rises by? I get the feeling that if it doesn't increase soon I'll be lucky if it does 6000 by Disk 4.

Angel_Eyes
10-20-2003, 02:35 PM
I've got a feeling that there is a weapon or acessory you can get for Zidane which makes it higher. I can't remember...been so long since I've played it.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Also, I think that the damage Thievery does has some correlation to your trasure hunter rank, but I could be mistaken.

Zifnab
10-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes
I've got a feeling that there is a weapon or acessory you can get for Zidane which makes it higher. I can't remember...been so long since I've played it.
I know there's Bandit, which increases your steal rate.

Originally posted by The Dude
Also, I think that the damage Thievery does has some correlation to your trasure hunter rank, but I could be mistaken.
That could be it. I can't see what other purpose the S rank has other than to find the identity of the Four Arms Man. I guess I shall try that and see.

Cz
10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Thievery= Speed x Number of Sucessful steals

That's not the exact equation, but it definitely involves multiplying those two stats. I'm just not sure what you do with the answer.

Kurohime
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Close, Blackmage. :)

Zidane's Thievery:

THIEVERY DAMAGE = (1/2 speed stat) x Number of successful steals.

So you can increase his Thievery damage by eqipping him with things like Thief's Hat and Thief's Gloves. Once you steal enough get him up to quad-9 damage, you can equip him with whatever. :)

Zifnab
10-25-2003, 01:42 PM
<late reply>Hmm, I see now. Too bad Zidane (or anyone else's) Speed doesn't go up very often, he's stuck on 27 at the moment. ~_~ anyway, 3 extra points of Speed is better than nothing I suppose. Anyway, thank you. :)

Flare_Star
10-25-2003, 02:53 PM
one thing i dont understand- does master thief increase the quality of things you steal and your steal success rate, or is it just the success rate/quality of steals?

Kurohime
10-25-2003, 10:29 PM
It will do both. It depends on how often you steal, though... by the time I get master thief, I've usually stolen enough so that I don't really steal as much anymore, so I don't really notice a difference.

It's kinda like Zidane's Bandit skill juiced up, I suppose... :)

TheSpoonyBard
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Bandit - increases the success rate of Steal

Master Thief - enables you to steal the rare items (the ones that appear first when you do Detect) before the common ones e.g. You will have a better chance of stealing an Ether than you would of stealing a Potion

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:50 PM
I think its:

Zidane's speed x Number of steals divided by 2 = Thievery Damage

But its madness...If Zidane had 31 for speed, you'll have to steal...like...600 times (31 multiplied by 300 =9300) to get a decent 9000+ damage attack.

midnyte_angel
02-26-2004, 09:40 AM
in all of my ff9 games (except my excalibur 2 one), i hav always powered up zidane's thievery to 9999. u can first get angel bless in disc 3 in alexandria synthesis shop. then a bit later u go to the card tournament in treno. i usually go out of treno (or outside dali) and start stealing from the monsters. it usually takes around 6 hours. but it's worth it... 9999 damage for 8mp!
if u can't be bothered doing this, just think about me. in my LV1 game i cudn't kill the monsters (or else i'll gain EXP) so i had to steal from the monsters then run!