PDA

View Full Version : Wiegraf must die/Here's my specs-HELP

Mwork
10-19-2003, 05:07 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a Chameleon Robe, would you? Those are very useful here.

Aside from that, I don't see much else you could do. Except that Yell trick. You could just avoid Wiegraf, Yelling at yourself until you have 50 Speed. Then it'd be no problem beating him.

mrwiggles
10-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Lv.32 Ramza(Hp 304)

ABILITIES: Squire - yell, wish, defend
Chemist - potion, phoenix down
Master Knight
Archer - Charge+5
Monk -spin fist, secret fist, stigma magic
Wizard - 787 available Wizard jp
Priest - Raise
Summoner - 370 available Summon jp
Time Mage - haste, slow, don't move
Thief - gil taking, steal heart
Master Geomancer

EQUIP: Sleep Sword, Diamond Shield/Helm/Armor, Dracula Mantle

ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE: Def. Armlet, Germinas Boots, Red Shoes, Feather Boots, Reflect Ring, Diamond Armlet, Power Wrist, Battle Boots

Meow
10-21-2003, 04:56 PM
...This thread seems to have fallen prey to the timestamp issue of a day or so back... :p

i beat Wiegraf rather easily with the Auto-Potion ability (X-Potions only) and support move 'yell.' i don't know of many other strategies that don't involve an oil tanker's worth of luck, so at this point you should start examining the prospect of loading an earlier save. Wiegraf is hardly an easy battle, and one of the most common 'restart' traps for FFT players.

However, i'd recommend attempting to keep yourself alive long enough to 'yell' up to a nice speed, like Mwork suggested. If you can do that, the boss shouldn't prove too much trouble.

mrwiggles
10-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the help I didnt have a previous save up until that point and tried everything in the book EXCEPT yell until yall put it out there n after that kicked his ass pretty quickly thereafter...now i have 4 saves on backup and everything after wiegraf seems to be so easy its frightening. good lookin out

ffbof
11-10-2003, 08:59 PM
hey man if u hadnt had this forum i would have never throught to use yell... I'v been fighting that fight for 2 months and i thank u for reminding me of yell

Sasquatch
11-11-2003, 02:49 AM
I don't know what y'all are talking about, but I'm only in Chapter 2 right now, at the execution site. So when I get to that fight, I'll probably remember this. So thanks in advance, I guess.

ffbof
11-11-2003, 08:24 PM
hey man all i can tell u is to train to at least lvl 35...im lvl 29 at wiegraf and i get my ass beat in everytime i even tryed yell last night and i still lose bad!!!!

Chocobos rule:choc:
Moogles rule too:mog:

Bandgeek
11-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow, I remember getting stuck on that fight, 8P. You might want to try equiping a gun and try and max out your move ,
that's how I did it, because I didn't have yell so that didn't work.

ffbof
11-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Thats the thing i cant go out and train because i saved it after the battle to get to him so as soon as i get on im in the battle.....im thinking of started over

arcdragon9
11-12-2003, 10:48 PM
I like to go old fashion duel to death kinda fight. What I mean by that is I just go full offensive, Usualy Ramza will be a Dragoon/Knight mix. Of course with the best weapons and equipment. By the way, you all probaly know this but Lancer is a meesed up translation for Dragoon, or so I've heard.

Edgar
11-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Uhh...I defeated Wiegraf using guns, and it only took me one fight...

Just shoot him 2-3 times and he's dead.

ffbof
11-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I had a mith gun but i sold it right before this fight...ROAR :CHOP:

Sasquatch
11-14-2003, 04:08 AM
Actually, they're known as Lancers and Dragoons because they commonly use lances, making them...lancers...

Anyway. I'm like at level 20 or so, and I've just started Chapter 3. Am I too far behind?

Edgar
11-14-2003, 05:09 AM
You'll meet him :)

Gunning the da best :)

ffbof
11-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Yea Sasquatch you need to train extremely im lvl 29 and i get stomped every fricking time.....i cencored myself

Sasquatch
11-16-2003, 01:42 AM
If I just started Ch. 3, when will I meet him?

Concept
11-16-2003, 06:16 PM
When you get to the castle where Rafa and her brother are. I beat the first weigraf easy with a monk and wave fist. It's his transformed state I have trouble with. I just started over and after the first battle in madalia plains, I'm level 44 with mastered squire, night, archer, monk, and geomancer with all my characters.

Sasquatch
11-17-2003, 05:54 AM
What exactly does a Chamelion Robe do?

I'm just now getting everybody to lv. 23, and I have at the moment Ramza, Alma, Agrias, two Lancers, a Summonner, a Priest, a Geomancer, and a Monk. So only 8 permanent members.

DocFrance
11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
The Chameleon Robe absorbs the Holy element, and since all of Wiegraf's long range attacks are Holy elemental (yes, even Lightning Stab), all you have to do is stay out of range of melee attacks and you'll be fine.

Sasquatch
11-18-2003, 05:45 AM
I just fought and didn't have much trouble at all with Wiegraf at the book storage place, and after the fight he transformed into the devil thing. Is the difficult fight close?

Mwork
11-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
The Chameleon Robe absorbs the Holy element, and since all of Wiegraf's long range attacks are Holy elemental (yes, even Lightning Stab), all you have to do is stay out of range of melee attacks and you'll be fine.

Well, swordskills aren't inherently elemental (you can only give them an element by equipping an elemental weapon). I guess the programmers forgot to work that in.

But Wiegraf doesn't know swordskills are non-elemental. So he'll still not use them on you, in fear of you absorbing his attacks.

Lord Chainsaw
11-19-2003, 01:19 AM
My sister was stuck on weigraf for about a month and so I finally suggested the yell trick.

Then she draws a picture of Ramza yelling in a chocobo's face on an old magna doodle. Funny as hell it was.

Taramoor
11-19-2003, 02:56 AM
My brother did an awesome tactic. He equipped the rubber boots, and used accumulate for about 5 min, used yell for about 5 min, the whole time avoiding him so he can't attack physically, then killed him and his minions in a minute or so. It's much faster than just dying lots.

Sasquatch
11-19-2003, 05:18 AM
no, Wiegraf uses Holy Sword skills, which are Holy-elemental. Swordskills (like the breaks that Knights learn) are not elemental, but Holy Sword is.

It's the same thing as Agrias'.

Pancaek
11-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Sasquatch
no, Wiegraf uses Holy Sword skills, which are Holy-elemental. Swordskills (like the breaks that Knights learn) are not elemental, but Holy Sword is.
Like people said, the in-game help only says they're elemental, and they really aren't.

Around here, people refer to Holy Sword, Magic Sword, Dark Sword, Mighty Sword and All Swordskill just as "swordskills", collectively. Just thought you might want to know. =)

Edgar
11-19-2003, 04:00 PM
My brother did an awesome tactic. He equipped the rubber boots, and used accumulate for about 5 min, used yell for about 5 min, the whole time avoiding him so he can't attack physically, then killed him and his minions in a minute or so. It's much faster than just dying lots.

Wow! I finished the first form of Wiegraf within 3 minutes! And I just need 'Equip Gun' and maybe 'Move+1'.

It is really interesting how programmer screw up and yet releasing the game doesn't it :P

DeBlayde
12-13-2003, 10:49 PM
i've always used a tactic much like Taramoor's brother, only backwards. it's better to be a monk with the healing skill (forgot the name) and Guts secondary ability. run like a scared little bunny for the first few minutes of the battle, using yell constantly. then when you get 4 or 5 turns to every one of Weigraf's, start using accumulate. I always camped out in a corner and waited for him to get close to me before moving to the other corner. once you're tired of that, kill him in like 2 hits and watch as he changes to Lucavi. kill the other two daemons he summons to help him for more exp, then spank him like a 4 year old in K-mart.

unknown88
12-13-2003, 11:59 PM
I have 2 ways of beating him:

1. Ramza lancer with a good jump
2. ramza monk, equip armor and earth slash.

Edgar
12-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Just need to remember my time with him, what is Wiegraf's HP?

Mehka Gallant
01-02-2004, 11:04 PM
>Sob< >Sob< I'm level 60... My other Lancers are 54-55... And I still cannot beat that damn Velius... There should be a law against the Zodiac Braves using big-arse summons so quickly in a row... Clops is so cheap... I still take like 200 damage from it, and none of my lancers ever land a jump... I'm so angry... I figure I'll try the Yell/Accumulate trick... Nothin' to lose... but only after I get to level 65 or so... :)

Edgar
01-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Huh? What kind of stats do your lancers have?