PDA

View Full Version : html help

Peegee
10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
I've always had problems with this. Basically I want a table with no borders, and a background image that has to be broken apart to fit the table.

thanks to eoff allowing html, i will replace open and close brackets with the "|" symbol

|html|
|body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"|
|br /||br /||br /||br /||br /||br /||br /||br /||br /||br /|
|center|
|table border="0"|
|tr|
|td width="1" height="27"||/td|
|td height="50" width="512"||img src="starcraft_title.jpg" alt="starcraft title" /||/td|
|td width="236"|test|/td|
|td width="1"||/td|
|/tr|

|tr|
|td background="2-1.jpg" width="1" height="27"||/td|
|td background="2-2.jpg" colspan="2"||/td|
|td background="2-1.jpg" width="1"||/td|
|/tr|

|tr|
|td width="1" height="488"||/td|
|td colspan="2"|test|/td|
|td width="1"||/td|
|/tr|

|tr|
|td width="1" height="53"||/td|
|td width="512"|test|/td|
|td width="236"|test|/td|
|td width="1"||/td|
|/tr|

|/table|
|/center|
|/body|
|/html|

The result is some sort of space in between the table rows that I don't want there. What am I doing wrong?

Dr Unne
10-20-2003, 12:01 AM
If you uploaded an actual HTML file with that code in it so we could look at it and also see the graphics, it'd be much more helpful.

Peegee
10-20-2003, 12:10 AM
http://www.geocities.com/ghettoprops/temp/index.html

Anything for you, Dr Unne

ignore the odd repeating background in the middle. I have yet to account for the odd discrepancies in cell size. Also, the image 2-1.jpg is supposed to be one pixel in width but appears to be two. (repeating background)

Dr Unne
10-20-2003, 12:26 AM
If I understand what you want to do at all, you want just a border around the left and right sides of the table? Use CSS instead of a 1-pixel graphic.

<table style="border-left: 1px red solid; border-right: 1px red solid">

Something like that. It'll save you from having 4 td's, this way you'll only have 2. Make that big round thing at the top be exactly as wide as your table. Also be sure you set your padding and spacing for your table, that's going to mess you up. You likely want your spacing to be 0.

I can hardly understand what you want it to look like from your first post though.

Peegee
10-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking again (today was a blah-day, if it helps to explain/excuse).

Anyway, you mentioned two things that I forgot: padding and spacing. I set the cellpadding and cellspacing to "0" and now it works.

Thanks, Dr Unne ^_^

edit: on second though I think I'll do it your way....my way is way too tedious. *praises*