PDA

View Full Version : How do I avoid condemnation?

Fredde
10-20-2003, 03:10 PM
I've stumbled upon monsters that casts "condemn" and such "countdown to death" spells at my heroes. Is there any curative items for this? Can I use Life3 so that when the guy dies he gets instantly revived? Or is there perhaps any relics that would help?

Strider
10-20-2003, 03:46 PM
No, yes and yes. There's a certain relic -- the Relic Ring, I believe -- that can actually cause a condemn spell to fully heal you instead of killing you.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Also, if condemn is cast on a character again I believe it resets the countdown timer.

Usually though I find that I beat most battles so quickly that condemn isn't a problem.

omnitarian
10-20-2003, 05:04 PM
The Safety Bit and Memento Ring both protect against instant death, which encompasses Condemn. Life3 also works.

robfinalfantasy
11-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by omnitarian
The Safety Bit and Memento Ring both protect against instant death, which encompasses Condemn. Life3 also works. I was a bit skeptical about that so I decided to try it out and you were right. I did not know that a Safety Bit/Memento Ring would protect against the instant death from Codemn. I guess I learned something new today. :D

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Life3 works with Condemnation as it would with any other sort of death. And the Relic Ring turns the wearer undead, so any "dark" magic will heal him, and magic such as Cure will cause damage.