PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite FF Moment? (Spoilers very likely)[CLOSED]

Flying Mullet
10-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Cloud's storytime in Kalm. That story takes 20-30 minutes and it bores the hell out of me now. I wish that there was a way to skip it.

i90east
10-21-2003, 02:51 AM
You just can't leave my posts alone can you...

Why don't you pick apart someone else's post? I'm getting sick of this. :rolleyes2 Take my posts for what they are. It's my opinion, which may differ from yours. Just let it go.

The Man
10-21-2003, 04:12 AM
It's nothing personal. When someone posts something that I see as fallacious logic, though, I'm going to attack it - it's my nature. Cloud's story really ISN'T confusing if you're familiar with nonlinear storytelling. It really SHOULDN'T matter that an underground area in FFIV's world is a bit confusing.

If you're posting on a message board, expect to have your posts taken apart. And don't take it personally when they are - it happens. It's a great opportunity to learn, if you're willing to take it. If you're not, you're really not getting anywhere near the experience from a message board that you could be.

Raistlin
10-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Just some things I have to say:

Deathjester, I shouldn't be expected to go into detail with every little thing I say on a message board.
Well, unless you actually want people to understand what you're saying. If you don't post enough detail to get your point across, why bother posting at all?

All I want to say Deathjester is, you are directing your opinions against mine. That's personal. Don't do it. Thank you.
It's called "a debate." If you're not willing to defend you're beliefs, than you obviously don't really believe in them. And how is disagreeing personal at all?

Ok, back on-topic:

I agree with Garland 100%.

Also, the majority of the conversations in FF8(*kills Squall*), and just the majority of FF9 altogether.

The Man
10-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Thank you, Raistlin. I don't think I'm even going to bother posting in this thread again unless i90 stops mod-whoring.

i90east
10-22-2003, 12:57 AM
That's it people, hop on the bandwagon with your weak statements. It's very typical. I've seen it many times before.

It's called "a debate." If you're not willing to defend you're beliefs, than you obviously don't really believe in them. And how is disagreeing personal at all?

There's nothing to debate here. It's all opinion. What I mean is this: When Deathjester says something like "I didn't really think of it as ugly..." and "...I found it to be an intriguing part of the game.", he's saying that his opinion is better than mine. What does his opposing thoughts have anything to do with the topic of this thread? Nothing.

Deathjester, you don't need to say anything else in this thread so please don't. You've made your point. Now leave it alone. It's a shame that you guys insist on turning this into a big deal. How dissapointing. :eep:

You guys never think two steps ahead, which is why I have to explain everything in great detail. If you guys still don't understand that's too bad. Go ahead and break apart this post to entertain yourselves. I have better things to do.

Leeza
10-22-2003, 01:17 AM
Deathjester, this is an opinion thread, not a debate thread. Please do not pick apart other people's posts. They might have a different perception of things, but that does not mean that they're wrong.

i90east, there is a warn button under your post, you know.

Addition by ShlupQuack: Aaron, quit calling people a mod-whore. It seems like every time you do it you're in the midst of doing it yourself.

The Man
10-22-2003, 01:40 AM
*rolls eyes*

I had no desire whatsoever to turn this thread into a flame war. Raistlin's points are hardly "weak statements." The simple fact of the matter is I have no bloody clue what you were talking about in FFIV. You can either start bitching about people doing things over and over, as you've been doing, and cause a massive amount of completely unnecessary drama in the process, or you can take a little bit of extra time and explain your post so that people actually understood where you were coming from. Is that so much to ask?

I wasn't attacking i90 personally until he started ranting against me. The only thing I did was attack some of his arguments, because IMO, they were weak. I pointed out where I disagreed with his opinions, sure; I wasn't trying to imply that my opinions were "better" than his or that he was necessarily "wrong"; only attacking his arguments and basically challenging him to come up with better ones. If you can't take people criticizing your arguments when you post on a message board, you really shouldn't be posting there as far as I'm concerned. I was trying to start some debate. Is EoFF really so far gone that intelligent conversation isn't allowed anymore or something? This is completely news to me.

And if telling people how to act on a message board, as i90 has been doing ever since I posted, isn't mod-whoring, I don't know what is. I really don't understand what I've done wrong in this thread at all. Under the old EoFF I wouldn't have gotten into trouble for this. I'm quite frankly a bit perplexed.

Finally, point out to me how I, at all, was acting like a mod in this thread. I was merely defending my right to state my own views in this thread after my first post, as far as I was aware. Maybe the rules on what constitutes acting like a mod have changed without my being notified, but as far as I'm aware, I've hardly overstepped my bounds in this thread.

Agent Proto
10-22-2003, 01:55 AM
Ok, let me see here. You(i90east) posted your opinions in this thread, and Deathjester picked on it. I don't see anything wrong with Deathjester adding comments to your opinions, but you should at least not have been 'offended' because he's picking on your post. From what I see, he's helping you out. He's not telling you that his opinions are better. i90east, you have to be able to stand having your posts being picked on, because some people here enjoy picking a post and taking it down, part by part.

What he did was nothing wrong. Reacting negatively like what you did, is not doing any better, and an invitation for "stuff like this" to happen. Don't let it get to you. :)

Shlup
10-22-2003, 02:01 AM
Don't give me that "old EoFF" crap, and we're aware that i90 was mod-whoring as much as you. Telling someone to stop mod-whoring in itself, rather then just reporting it, is mod-whoring. Telling him he should expect to have his posts taken apart after he's asked you not to is telling him how he should act on a message board, which you stated youself is mod-whoring.

Like Leeza said, this is not a debate. i90 blatantly asked you to stop, and you're acting like a child about it as if he is absolutly obligated to argue with you or something. Someone states their opinion, and if they don't want to get into a long discussion with you and back it up so wonderfully then just drop it. Good job getting this thread closed though, since now its all about you and i90 acting like children.