PDA

View Full Version : Why DO you love it?

Jack
10-20-2003, 07:08 PM
I might not seem lke the guy to start this thread, but hey

I like the story (near the end) I like the quirkyness.

WHY?

I like the story because American Badass explained it, and I think it's clever, and I like th quirkyness, because everything FF must have quirkyness (Still getting over the transexual in FFVIII)

So i ask u, WHY? and give a reason.
I want to know why people have been defending this from me.

Flare_Star
10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
IM BACK!!!!

i like this one because it has the best soundtrack (i think) and it was my first and and it had much deeper characters with feelings unlike cloud who somehow had no intrest in other girls apart from aeris. or squall who was just too coooool for everyone.
or maybe i just have some thing against other ff characters....

American Badass
10-22-2003, 04:48 AM
Glad I had an influence on your opinion, Legolas.

Anyways, there are a number of reasons why I liked this game above the others. I thought the characters were great for the most part and I liked nearly all of them. I liked the battle system, and the way the Magic System was laid out. I liked the villain as he was the type of villain I liked most.

But in the simplest of forms, everything about the game just clicked with me more than the other Final Fantasies. Its really as simple as that.

Ariel
10-22-2003, 06:35 AM
It was quirky, the graphics were nicely done, and quite a bit of the storyline was interesting. Mostly I liked it because it was just plain fun. It didn't top the other FFs I've played, but it was still great to play through. I really loved a lot of the locations, too. (Daguerro, Madain Sari, Burmecia...)

And that chocobo hot and cold game was the best I've played. Except for FFVII's chocobo breeding/racing. :D

Kurohime
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Why do I love FF9 the way I do? Meh, lots of reasons. There's the fact that it's the first FF that I finished... so it's a bit of nostalgic reasons. I finished the game in about two weeks the first time... Probably logged more time with it than should be legally allowed. ;)

But it's a lot of things. For one, it's FUN. I had a lot of fun playing it, a lot of fun "getting to know" the characters and watching their personalities evolve over the course of the game.

But more than that, it feels like it's "MY GAME," y'know? Not in a selfish way or anything, I just feel like there's a bit of my personality in it. Hard to describe.

I've always called it "furusato," like the theme song. A game I can always go back to and feel as good and as excited about playing it now as I did the day I first picked it up. ^_^

Flare_Star
10-22-2003, 05:19 PM
er...touching...

2 WEEKS!!!!???
i was there nearly a year trying to get through this game! but this was my first rpg so it took me a while to get my head round it.(especially the battle system) i also think i kinda relate to zidane.

Jack
10-22-2003, 08:23 PM
About me.......I think

But more than that, it feels like it's "MY GAME," y'know? Not in a selfish way or anything, I just feel like there's a bit of my personality in it. Hard to describe.

I no what u mean! I loved FFVIII, and I felt the same way about that, like there was a bit of me in there. Like adding a transexual in a bar full of men. THAT sounds like me, I'm that sort of prick that WOULD do that. That sound JUST like me. (Not that i'm a transexual in a bar, just that I'd do that If i created a FF)

i like this one because it has the best soundtrack (i think)
Cool, i'm liking this opinion, because I agree now, i does have a good soundtrack. VERY GOOD. It's not my fav, but I has some really good tunes on it.

There's the fact that it's the first FF that I finished... so it's a bit of nostalgic reasons. I finished the game in about two weeks the first time... Probably logged more time with it than should be legally allowed
My first FF I finished was FFVII so I always look back on that with rose-tinted glasses. But two weeks?! I finished it in a couple of days, but that was minus all the subquests and i played it again, and I liked it better then becasue I was really getting into it. it took me about 6 moths to do it again, but I was pleased with myself afterwards.

I think most people like it because It was their first one. I no sumone who's first was FFX and they love it dearly. And i bet those whose first is FFX-2 will (No matter how BAD it is)will love it.

My fave is FFVIII, despite it not being the first FF I did. Oh well.....

Oh, thanx to American Badass for explaining the story 2 me. I now understand why people love it, where before, i was just angry with it. I think the anger for it I developed later after playing it. But when i played it, it was good. Reminded me of FFVI.....

ANYWAYS.....PEOPLE, WHY DO U LOVE FFIX!? I wanna know.......

Phil
10-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Yeah I also can relate to the "It's my game scenario".I know a lot about 9, and its the first RPG I ever played. i fell in love with it. I feel like its my game too, unfortunately Kurohime has forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know:D

Flare_Star
10-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Cool, i'm liking this opinion

my pleasure. that brings the number of people who have agreed with me up to 2.yay!:rolleyes2

TheLast1
11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
ff9 wasnt my first ff(tactics was) and ff7 was suppose 2 be my second but it broke so i played ff9. It didnt take me 2 weeks or 2 days, and i did all the subquests the first time i played it exept get all the tetra cards. Never the less ff9 is my favorite so far cause of everything. from graphics to story line to magic and battle sequence to zidane's half perverted half fun personality(probably my fav part about ff9) Everything was so great. I love some of the music too like black mage village, kuja's theme the intro, and some other ones.The 2 things Ive come to hate about ff9 is the moogles and the ending. Like most endings (for games and movies alike) these days arent really good, just happy not interesting, but that was a minor thing. I loved ff9.

p.s. it took me about 2 months or 88 hours to beat it all, fully 100%

Big D
11-10-2003, 10:32 AM
FFIX has some great characters, a nice dose of humour and a less-than-deadly-serious tone. Nice, for a change sometimes. The blend of sci-fi and fantasy elements - especially later on - was really neat.

It was the third FF I played, after VII and VIII, so the unique character classes and jobs were a great new feature for me. Some good scenes, nice FMVs, good music, a not-too-shabby translation all came together to add to a pretty gripping, at times entertaining and other times moving story.

See? I don't hate FFIX as much as some people think!:)

zacks_clone
11-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Iv always been a sucker for midevil things...

But,Iv also been a big fan of Sci-Fi.Final Fantasys 7&8 i fell in love with,but this was somthing diffrent.Somthing that was a break from all the dark a deadly things in the other games.I dunno why....but i suppose I thought these characters more 'real' than those in the other two games?( sides all that...by the end of disk one i had fallen for the silver haired kuja;))

Black Waltz No3
11-12-2003, 08:12 PM
The music is great. Just soooo... Epic sounding most of it. And I love the medievil sounds in it. The battle system was also rather fun. And the FMV was amazing... Bahamut, flying over the water... Wow.

Edgar
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
It's a nice break from the other FF7 and FF8 which involves mildly high technology. I'm glad traditional FF came back :)

Xander
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
So many reasons why I love this game... I've probably said a lot of them in previous threads but I'll say them a bit more briefly..

1 - It's so damn fun. I thought this right from the beginning, and the sword fight thing I must have replayed that so many times trying to get my score up, from then I knew - this is gonna be a fun game and I was right :D

2 - Chocobo Hot and Cold. One of the biggest reasons I love FFIX, this mini game consumed hours of my life... treasure hunting, it's just great! And it is really exciting when you have been digging for hours without finding a chocograph and then you find one! Plus everytime my chocobo gained new abilities I was so happy, and waiting for that gold one... this game is just the best mini game ever in my opinion :D

3 - Characters There were a wide range of characters, ranging in both appearances, species and personalities. I think they were a lot more varied and interesting than in some other FF's and I liked the chibi-style of them too.

4 - Extra little things - There were little details that stuck out to me and made me enjoy them game, even though they are small editions. One is the sound effects, like Steiner's armour and sounds while walking through water, these really made the game charming. Another is the titles of the places showing up when you got there, I really liked that.

5 - Graphics - beautiful and the characters were so well animated too and detailed, even little things like Zidane's tail moving added to the charm of them.

6 - Music - I love the music in this game, tracks like Dark Messenger, Melodies of Life and Sleepless City Treno stick out to me as being my favourites.

7 - FMVs - They had a perfect balance of these, I felt like there were a lot and they appeared in the right places, and they looked beautiful, my favourites include when Garnet cuts her hair

8 - Ability system - The way of learning abilities and how each character had individual "jobs", I liked this rather than everyone being able to do everything, it made characters more individual and it mattered more who you chose for your party.

I have loads more I could say about why I love this game, but this is getting way long so I'll stop now and add some more later maybe.

Well you did ask... :p

Jack
11-16-2003, 12:17 AM
IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Please tell me you missed me)

I know I did, and I'm interested.

Xander, surely you should rememeber that I have posted loads of times hating FFIX. And I sorta do now, but I'm in a different place in my life, and I feel that I should liten rather than bitch about sumthing, u no?

I will always love FFVIII becasue its the first one I completed (I'd played FFVII when it came out on Platinum, like a couple of months b4 FFVII came out, and when it did, i bourght 4 Xmas, and played it)

But now, I understand why you love it, and instead of telling you you're wrong and it's S***, i wanna say HEY
I LOVE FFVIII LIKE YOU LOVE FFIX AND SO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT IT u no?

Tell me more, and if it's alright, share some memeories of playing it. If I shre my FFVIII with you, we can all apreciate both (I noticed that a lot of you guys hate it) and I wanna understand why?

Basically, i'm saying that if i can bother to understand you, please understand me. i'm not trying to undermine you, just that we can all go AHHHHH with each other, and reminsce like the old gamers we are,

"Now I remembver the good old days when FFs were on Ps1.They were the good days. None of this Ps2 buisness...."

I was told your attachment had a virus in it, be more careful, eh? ~m4tt

Vaan
11-20-2003, 07:45 AM
Kuja was my favorite villain since Kefka!

I was confused when he was labelled as "sinister man" I was like "But that's a woman right?" I guess I was wrong.

I agree with you on FF VIII Legolas, I LOVE that game.

Edit by Big D: Please use the 'edit/delete' button if you want to alter your posts.