PDA

View Full Version : How do *you* raise your characters?

Garland
10-20-2003, 11:51 PM
This isn't as much an asking for advise thread as an oppinion thread. How do you go about raising your characters - and more specifically, how do you go about learning skills? I'm trying to learn every skill as it becomes available. I'm only working with the six starting characters. Each one will be raised in every class available as I get new available skills to learn. I think it'll give me a well rounded team in the end. My friend is raising his characters with specialization in mind - a character intended to be a fighter will level as fighting classes to the end, perhaps at the expense of a useful skill or two earlier on. What's your take on character raising in Tactics Advance?

Mwork
10-21-2003, 01:40 AM
With abilities, I'm just learning the ones that are actually useful. Just enough to unlock the more advanced Jobs. I don't want to clutter up the menus with abilities I'll never use...

As for raising my characters:

Marshe's level-ups were divided evenly between Fighter and Paladin. My other human was brought up mostly as a Blue Mage for good all-around stat growth. Montblanc split his levels between Time Mage and Black Mage. My Viera also divided her levelling up (Sniper and Assassin). My Nu Mou as a Sage. And my Bangaa as pretty much every Bangaa Job.

GarrickBurke
10-22-2003, 05:22 AM
I just learnt abilties in one class till i ran out of different weapons to learn from. That was until I found a weapon that tought Marshe steal: ability
From then on I made him a Ninja for the timely Double-Sword skill whilst stealing other abilities from the poor people who i engaged.

Ryth
12-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I beat them and threaten them until there all my bitches!!! No but seriously I give them the classes that seem to suit them like Marche will be a Fighter and Paladin and Montblanc will be a Black Mage and Time Mage I think. I give them every skill they can get too.