PDA

View Full Version : *vomit* WHY OH WHY!!!

eternalshiva
10-21-2003, 02:32 AM
This is so sad ... I can bearly get over it ..

Did you guys KNOW that Sephiroth's voice was done by *please god have mercy on my sinful soul for uttering this crap* Lance Bass of N'Sync?

Doesn't that just BREAK YOUR HEART?

WHY OH WHY!

Jalbrean
10-21-2003, 02:49 AM
Welcome to planet earth where we knew about this even before the game was released.

TheAbominatrix
10-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Yep, known for a long time. Luckily he didnt talk much.

eternalshiva
10-21-2003, 03:03 AM
well I was blissfully unaware plus this thread needed life anyhoot >.<

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-21-2003, 03:53 AM
Who cares? He sounds all right.

Advent Child
10-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Yeah I think he did a pretty good job.

m4tt
10-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Lance Bass is the only interesting member of that band. He did a good job.

eternalshiva
10-21-2003, 09:35 AM
*blinks* you ARE all under Lance's spel... *ponders* maybe he WAS a good choice for Sephiroth since you're ALL UNDER HIS EVIL DEMONIC SPELL *hiss*

crono_logical
10-21-2003, 02:09 PM
They should have made Sephiroth sing a few N'Sync songs then :p

eternalshiva
10-21-2003, 04:59 PM
ROTFL with the moves too ahh that would complete the ruining of sephiroth ;p

Jalbrean
10-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Sephiroth singing...hmm I like it. He and Yuna could go on tour together.

MateriaBladeVII
10-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Geez, eternalshiva- I don't get why you get all worked up about these minor voice-overs that have like 3 (or less) lines in the whole game! lol. First you whine about Jasmine- now Sephiroth! I think they both sound fine! Get a grip! lol. No need to lose your lunch over this stuff. Now what you should really be pissed off about is Sebastian! OMG- it soooo did not sound like him! Oh well... that's another thread anyways...

And geez- you didn't know Lance Bass did his voice? lol! Everybody knows that! Do you not know about David Boreanaz as Leon, Mandy Moore as Aerith, and Christy Carlson Romano as Yuffie either? lol. Anyways, I like these people- even Lance Bass- so don't trash them! Call me gay if you want- I don't care! :goofy:

Jalbrean
10-22-2003, 02:52 AM
If there's one thing I've learned about eternalshiva it's that she likes to whine. You'll never convince her to stop, so all we can really do is make fun of her. ;p

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Well aside from Mandy Moore, I dont really care for any of the people who voices the FF characters. However, they did a good job, so I'll excuse them there. :D

eternalshiva
10-22-2003, 11:26 AM
*glares at Jalbrean* I do NOT whine *whines* you guys are mean.

Pfft I hate Jasmine in General and Lance Bass is just not the person I would of picked. Some guy with a British accent would of been awesome. Evil British Acceents are cool.

He did do a good job, but its still N'Sync. I'm obviously far outnumbered here so that's as much of an admittance you will get out of me begrudgingly.

So what if I didn't know. Sorry I'm not obsessed enough to know ALL the names in the VIDEO GAME. I do have somewhat of a life [add sarcastic comment by Jalbrean]

*hugs*

I'm getting worked up? MB your going on a rant about Sebastian two seconds ago >.< HA HA HA HA.

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah I really dont see why they went out of their way to get Lance Bass. Can you imagine how much they had to pay him to grunt a few times and say like two lines? Lord knows why they did it... maybe it was just something like the scrapped plans (or rumors) to put the boys from N'Sync in Star Wars I (or II?). It's kind of odd.

eternalshiva
10-22-2003, 12:00 PM
They wanted to do what? ROTFL that's classic.

They probably payed him a bundle and now he's disapeared off the face of the planet.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Saddling Sephiroth with a British accent would have been the worst possible thing they could have done. Villainous Brits are a tired cliché.

eternalshiva
10-23-2003, 09:22 AM
and using overpriced pop singers that come a dime a dozen isn't? lol ahhh, I pictured like good old Connery for evil voice >.<

DJZen
10-24-2003, 05:18 AM
EEEKS! I just can't imagine Connery doing Sephiroth! He just doesn't sound at all British in my head. He seems a lot more bishounen style than anything, so getting a member of a boy band to play him seems appropriate. Besides, did he nail "DESCEND HEARTLESS ANGEL!" or what? :D

eternalshiva
10-24-2003, 09:44 AM
You are under the evil boyband spell ... JUST LIKE JALBREAN! Ok maybe not Connery but that Collins guy, the actor whatshisface... He's super good at evil stuff ... He was in Dare Devil ... I can almost remember Collin Ferrel? what is it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't think Sephiroth should sound Irish, either.

m4tt
10-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Sephiroth sounded fine as he was. Why is Lance Bass such a big deal? So what, he's in a boyband. Mandy Moore sings pop songs, same as Lance Bass does in his boyband. Are you going to bash on Mandy Moore too?

eternalshiva
10-24-2003, 03:25 PM
bof anti-changing voices, just discussing evil voices... party poopers.

Squall
10-24-2003, 03:50 PM
When did the guy said anything,anyway?I didn't heard him.

HOOTERS
10-25-2003, 01:43 PM
NSync?

*breaks Kingdom Hearts cd*

Thanks eternalshiva, I was all happy until you came along!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

eternalshiva
10-27-2003, 12:52 PM
He speaks a little bit ... even with the battle with Cloud he talks ...

I'm just as bitter HOOTERS ;p

Kenshin IV
10-27-2003, 04:13 PM
The reason most of you don't think he sounded bad was because A) he barely talked B) you could barely hear him when he actually did talk, or C) they modified his voice so it didn't sound exactly like him. If you heard what he sounded like without that little echo, you'd agree that it was a horrible decision.

eternalshiva
10-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
The reason most of you don't think he sounded bad was because A) he barely talked B) you could barely hear him when he actually did talk, or C) they modified his voice so it didn't sound exactly like him. If you heard what he sounded like without that little echo, you'd agree that it was a horrible decision.

ha HA! Someone isn't under the boyband spell! *wins*

Jalbrean
10-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I've heard worse voices. Now if he does Seph's voice for Advent children it'll be heavennnnnnn.

eternalshiva
10-28-2003, 11:00 AM
*smacks you* STOP IT you're starting to scare me

Jalbrean
10-28-2003, 11:07 AM
-blinks-

Well that was hardly nice. Geez.

eternalshiva
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Where's the REAL Jalbrean? I will not appologize until your evil self comes through *worries*

Ryth
08-27-2004, 12:16 AM
(Sniff) I know he did do a good job but Sephy is not to be vioced by a boy band pretty boy and Tidus and Wakka in KH shoulda have had their original voice actors from FFX; James Arnold Taylor (Tidus) and John DiMaggio (Wakka and also did Kimahri) not Shaun Fleming (Tidus) and Dee Bradley Baker (Wakka) really give us the original voice actors it doesn't really matter since Tidus and Wakka are only in the biginning and don't really get any real dialogue they better have Matt McKenzie as Auron in KHII or I'll be angry!

Lon611
08-27-2004, 12:41 AM
mandy moore as aerith rocks :joey: !!!the two go together like peanut butter and jelly ;)

okay:whats more tragic?mandy moore dying in "a walk to remember" or aeris dying in ffvii?i cried the whole time during a walk to remember, lol.

Carnage
08-27-2004, 02:47 AM
I dont even remember sephiroth saying anything.

DJZen
08-27-2004, 05:00 AM
A) he barely talked

He talked plenty during the fight. In fact, I think he averaged a voice clip once every 2 seconds.

B) you could barely hear him when he actually did talk

Only if he was attacking at the time, and there were plenty of chances to hear him clearly. Most noteable is when he says "Show me your true power!"

C) they modified his voice so it didn't sound exactly like him. If you heard what he sounded like without that little echo, you'd agree that it was a horrible decision.

As someone who does sound editting all the time for fun, echo will NOT change someone's voice for the better. Echo (or, more appropriately, reverb) is well known for ruining vocals, not for improving them. It can add atmosphere to the particular sample, but it can't make a bad voice good. Also, if you've got the voice samples without echo, feel free to post 'em so we can judge for ourselves. I'm fine with Lance Bass playing Sephiroth and I HATE N'Twync. I HATE them. Why am I okay with it then? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER. He did fine, now stop moping around because he "ruined" your mental image of how cool Sephiroth is. In fact, go play the ORIGINAL original Resident Evil, THEN tell me Lance Bass did a bad job.

"What IS this?"

"What is it?"

"It's blood"

"Chris's blood?"

"I don't know... Why don't you LOOK AROUND while I examine this..."

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I think he did a good job! He lent a kind of....ageless quality to Sephiroth...I think. Maybe the whole boyband thing was a mistake...he should get into voice acting!

Lord Xehanort
08-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Kounetsu: He should get into the pr0n business!

Ansem: Down boy.

Kounetsu: You like him too!

Ansem: No... I don't like LB, I like JT.

Kounetsu: Oh yeah.........

Ansem: Anywho, Lance made a perfect Sephiroth! And, it only makes sense that Tidus' and Wakka's voice actors changed because the KH T and W are younger than FFX T and W. They're kids, they shouldn't have adult voices! That's not right! And all the other voice actors rocked too! (although, I still say they should've let Cid talk)

Oh, and...
In fact, go play the ORIGINAL original Resident Evil, THEN tell me Lance Bass did a bad job.

"What IS this?"

"What is it?"

"It's blood"

"Chris's blood?"

"I don't know... Why don't you LOOK AROUND while I examine this..." <-- Best... Quote... Ever

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
*cough*Joey Fatone*/cough*

Lord Xehanort
08-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Both: Huh?

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 09:31 PM
You want JT, you can have JT. Joey Fatone's MINE!

But I do have to admit, Wakka's voice DID disappoint me. The accent was ALL wrong. The other two were not bad.

Ouch!
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
From what I've heard fighting Sephiroth, he says:
"I am the chosen one!" randomly while he's walking around.
"Show me your true power!" before his omnislash-estique thing, I think.
"Sin of Heartless Angel," that's up for debate on what he actually says.
"Dodge this," when he's down to his last bar and does the spinning attack.

He probably says other things that I've missed.

I don't think Lance did a bad job. Pretty much every voice actor did a great job. Wakka wasn't bad, they just made the wrong choice.

Lord Xehanort
08-27-2004, 09:38 PM
You want JT, you can have JT. Joey Fatone's MINE!

But I do have to admit, Wakka's voice DID disappoint me. The accent was ALL wrong. The other two were not bad.

Both: Who's Joey Fatone!?!?!?!

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 09:40 PM
A lesser known N'Syncer. He's in my Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Lord Xehanort
08-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Kounetsu: Impossible!

Ansem: JustiN ChriS JoeY LanceteN and J.C.

So, Joey's last name must be Fatone.

Kounetsu: Ooh! Nyce choice.

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Heh. I did not know that little bit of trivia...

Ashton
08-30-2004, 12:31 AM
I THINK THEY SHOULDN'T TALK AT ALL!!!
Voice Actors ruined RPGs :cry:
But I liked Sora's, Riku's, Kairi's, Cloud's voices :D

Giga Guess
08-30-2004, 02:25 AM
I kinda like voice acting. It's actually a good touch. Perhaps they should put an option to turn them off for purists...?

Ashton
08-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Like it?!
Want it?!
Ok it's a nice touch but...
It's so hard to do it nice???
so hard to put good actors???
there is some good voices in KH but in FFX BAAAAAHHH *puke*

Lord Xehanort
08-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Kounetsu: I liked Auron's voice in FFX.

Ansem: Kimahri's too.

Giga Guess
08-31-2004, 12:09 AM
*hides* I liked Wakka, Rikku, and Lulus a lot, too...Yuna's wasn't bad....*shakes head* But this isn't the point....and I really have nothing else to add....

Trumpet Thief
08-31-2004, 12:13 AM
chaos: I didn't find Lance Bass that bad...

Rubedo: Although, for a powerful villan, they should've had a better voice actor.

StarlightAngel
08-31-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't care who does it, as long as they do it well. :D I don't really pay attention to famous actors and singers anyways.

Ashton
08-31-2004, 05:13 PM
I actually liked Tidus voice and Lulu's :love:

Resha
09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Well aside from Mandy Moore, I dont really care for any of the people who voices the FF characters. However, they did a good job, so I'll excuse them there. :D
SHE DID?!?!?!

*whacks head and groans* Tragic...

I sympathize with you, eternalshiva. I thought FF and KH were solaces, places of comfort away from the dreads of Mandy Moore and *choke* Lance. :cry:

The voice of Rikku was done by the voice of BUBBLES!!! From the POWERFPUFF GIRLS~~!!! Yeeh, now that I can stand.

Ashton
09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
The voice of Rikku was done by the voice of BUBBLES!!! From the POWERFPUFF GIRLS.
IMPOSSIBLE STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Jolts
09-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Voices (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/kingdom_hearts_voice.txt)

Most voices used in Kingdom Hearts came from people who are voices, have been voices, or have been in some sort of Disney movie or show.

Disney connections for Lance Bass: (well, the only ones I saw)
"Kim Possible" (2002) (voice) (as Lance Bass) in episode: "Oh Boyz" (episode # 2.23) 2 April 2004
Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade (2003) (TV) .... Himself (this one doesn't really count though, since it was after KH)

I think Sephiroth would've sounded better with Mewtwo's voice (from Super Smash Bros. Melee), but with a slightly higher pitch.

P.S. The voice of Rikku is done by the same person who does the voice of Powerpuff Girl Bubbles. Click here (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0152839) to see.

DJZen
09-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Why do you people care so much? It's not like he's singing in it. Even if he was, I don't know if I'd really care. Face it, you're just pissed because of Lance's image. You don't approve, and thus, to you they can never do anything right. Way to be mature, guys.

Rikku was voiced by Bubbles? That's awesome! I never knew that! I love PPG!!!!!! <3333333333333 :love:

But not as much as I love Heidegger.....

Jolts
09-02-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't like NSYNC because I choose not to like them. I don't like "boybands" of any sort. Why? I don't know, and I don't care to know. I just decided not to like them. However, I don't go around preaches how gay or stupid they are either, so I'm pretty much a nuetral in this. I mearly stated that I would've liked it better if the voice of Mewtwo was done for Sephiroth, but with a slightly higher pitch.

By the way, DJzen...uh...there's something wrong with you... :lol: j/k.

DJZen
09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
That comment wasn't necessarily directed at you. It was directed toward the haters. And yes, there's something wrong with me. There's several somethings wrong with me. If you want proof, find me in FFXI :D

Ryth
09-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Why do you people care so much? It's not like he's SINGING in it. Even if he was, I don't know if I'd really care. Face it, you're just pissed because of Lance's image. You don't approve, and thus, to you they can never do anything right. Way to be mature, guys.

Rikku was voiced by Bubbles? That's awesome! I never knew that! I love PPG!!!!!! <3333333333333 :love:

But not as much as I love Heidegger.....

I really can't see Sephy singing.....(starts to think about it) eeeeewwwwwhhhh (chill went down spine) things can be done right for me geez. I'm not a snot I just don't want a badass like Sephiroth acted by some pretty boy from N'Stink it is better than voiced by a wussy like Justin Timberlake (he woulda sucked anyway as Sephiroth) from Backstreet Wussies.

DJZen
09-03-2004, 02:14 AM
It annoys me because you wouldn't care if you didn't know. That's the ultimate example of how stupid this whole ordeal is. I've never heard anyone complain about Sephiroth's voice until they find out who voiced him. In fact, most people heard about the fact before they ever heard his voice and made up their mind right then and there. It's prejudiced, it's juvenile, and it gets on my nerves almost as much as someone driving down my street at night blasting Limp Bizkit. If you have such a huge problem with things not being badass and/or hardcore, you might want to take up a hobby that wasn't pioneered by pasty geeks who live with their mothers at age 30.

I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that, but this whole notion of "hardcore games" just really bothers me a lot. It's the changing of the guard. From video games that are fun to play, to video games with bad gameplay and tons of blood. I think it might be best, however, if I let the boys from Penny Arcade speak for me: http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-05-05

Resha
09-03-2004, 04:57 PM
IMPOSSIBLE STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

No lie!!! The voice of Rikku from X and X-2 was done by Tara Strong, who also did the voice of bubbles. Isn't that cool? :tongue: And Jolts can prove it.

I dunno if voices are a good thing or not; sometimes they leave things to the imagination, but I wouldn't say that the voice-overs are bad. Even if Mandy Moore did one them :cry: WHICH VOICE DID SHE DO?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jolts
09-03-2004, 05:50 PM
She did Aerith's voice (a.k.a. Aeris).

I like voice overs. Gives me the joy of not having to read as much :lol: :D.

Giga Guess
09-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Personally, I think Mandy Moore did a fanTAStic job as Aerith. Really, no one stands out in my mind as a "bad" voice-over, except Wakka. My main problem is his accent. They got it all wrong on KH. In FFX, it was kinda Hawaiian, whereas in KH it was more Jamaican. Or so I percieved.

Lord Xehanort
09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Kounetsu: My sentiments exactly, GiGi.

Ansem: I can't wait to hear Vincent's voice! *giddy*

Jolts
09-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Apparently, Yuna is in there too, but her voice is being done by the same person who did her voice in FFX and FFX-2 (can't remember her name).

...supposedly...

fire_of_avalon
09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Well I think that professional voice actors/actresses should've been hired and not random celebrities who used to be on the Disney Club as kids.

Resha
09-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Aerith was she??? Interesting. I agree with fire_of_avalon. Not that the voice-overs were bad or anything...but.

Ryth
09-04-2004, 08:22 PM
It annoys me because you wouldn't care if you didn't know. That's the ultimate example of how stupid this whole ordeal is. I've never heard anyone complain about Sephiroth's voice until they find out who voiced him. In fact, most people heard about the fact before they ever heard his voice and made up their mind right then and there. It's prejudiced, it's juvenile, and it gets on my nerves almost as much as someone driving down my street at night blasting Limp Bizkit. If you have such a huge problem with things not being badass and/or hardcore, you might want to take up a hobby that wasn't pioneered by pasty geeks who live with their mothers at age 30.

I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that, but this whole notion of "hardcore games" just really bothers me a lot. It's the changing of the guard. From video games that are fun to play, to video games with bad gameplay and tons of blood. I think it might be best, however, if I let the boys from Penny Arcade speak for me: http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-05-05

Well yeah you do have a point I probaly wouldn't have cared, he did do a good job though it is just I hate boy bands (especially L.F.O (baaarff) ( some lines from one of there songs "Like girls who wear Abercombie & Fitch", another one "Have some Chinese food, make some sex" another "Billy Shakespeare wrote a bunch o'sonnets" all from the same song I mean WTF does this all mean!?!?!?!?!?).

DJZen
09-05-2004, 07:07 PM
"Have some Chinese food, make some sex"

Actually, having had that song forced down my throat every single day that summer, I can tell you that the line is actually "Chinese food makes me sick". "Make some sex" isn't a real phrase.

.............BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resha
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
She did Aerith's voice (a.k.a. Aeris).

I like voice overs. Gives me the joy of not having to read as much :lol: :D.

:confused:
...I don't remember hearing Aerith talk in Kingdom hearts...?!?!

Giga Guess
09-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Right at the beginnning of Traverse town. When she's updating Donald and Goofy on the details of Mickey's disappearance.

Jolts
09-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Aerith didn't talk too often, but she did at least once (which Giga Guess has already mentioned).

Ryth
09-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Actually, having had that song forced down my throat every single day that summer, I can tell you that the line is actually "Chinese food makes me sick". "Make some sex" isn't a real phrase.

.............BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does? Okay then it still doesn't make sense.

Giga Guess
09-08-2004, 03:43 AM
Pretty much the whole song is gibberish. I don't like that. The only song that has gibberish that's any good is Barenaked Ladies' "One Week."

Anyways, yeah. Sephiroth, voiced by Lance Bass...not too shabby IMO.

Resha
09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I haven;t heard him yet, so opinion from moi.

Rusty
09-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Well I think that professional voice actors/actresses should've been hired and not random celebrities who used to be on the Disney Club as kids.

I totally agree.

Necronopticous
09-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Well I wanted to say that this whole discontent was completely and utterly stupid but alot of you already have so I'll just agree. Lance Bass did a great job, it's a very believable voice for Sephiroth. And beside, what does it even matter? If you really wanted some "bad-ass" to do his voice, they would have probably gotten someone like Vin Diesel, Sylvestre Stallone, or Mr. T. Maybe Lance Bass wasn't such a bad choice, eh?

P.S. I'll bet Robin Williams could do a good Kefka voice =O

DJZen
09-12-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Giga Guess]Pretty much the whole song is gibberish. I don't like that. The only song that has gibberish that's any good is Barenaked Ladies' "One Week."[QUOTE]

That song isn't gibberish, neither is Girls of Summer. The sentences make a lot of sense in both songs. "Chinese food makes me sick" isn't terribly hard to figure out the meaning of. Neither is "gonna get into the Sailor Moon 'cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong things".

Yes, Robin Williams probably COULD do a good Kefka voice. He can play very serious roles, and if you think he's not nearly insane enough, watch some of his old standup routines.

Giga Guess
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
That song isn't gibberish, neither is Girls of Summer. The sentences make a lot of sense in both songs. "Chinese food makes me sick" isn't terribly hard to figure out the meaning of. Neither is "gonna get into the Sailor Moon 'cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong things".

Yes, Robin Williams probably COULD do a good Kefka voice. He can play very serious roles, and if you think he's not nearly insane enough, watch some of his old standup routines.

Fair enough...stream of consciousness. Better? And yeah. He can be crazy ha-ha, and scary crazy so far as I've seen.

DJZen
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Works for me.

nik0tine
09-14-2004, 06:33 AM
They should have made Sephiroth sing a few N'Sync songs then :p

Quit playin' games with kingdom hearts, with kingdom hearts, with kingdom hearts!