PDA

View Full Version : Who freaked out?!? *Spoilers*

Pucca
10-21-2003, 12:08 PM
This has spoilers, so stay away non- spoiler people!

You're feeling so relieved, and you've just managed to kill all those pairs of crappy monsters in the ragnarok and managed to get inside the cockpit.:cool: There is a nice, heart- rendering romantic scene:love: , THEN- "Whenever sang my songs....." :whoa: :whoa: I freaking jumped out my seat!:whoa: Don't get me wrong, I love the song now, but then, when I had never heard of real songs being used in Final Fantasy, I couldn't believe it!!

Who else jumped a mile when they heard 'Eyes on me' for the first time in the game?:mog:

m4tt
10-21-2003, 04:05 PM
I was too busy falling asleep.

Peegee
10-21-2003, 04:59 PM
I found it to be a sappy love thing, but it had its moments.

Whenever I see the 3 Ragnaroks FMV I get giddy ^_^

Cloudane
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that gave me a surprise also. Wasn't expecting it in the middle of the game :)

Ariel
10-22-2003, 06:20 AM
I had the volume turned down. Didn't notice a thing. <__<;;

Meow
10-22-2003, 06:55 AM
i was quite thrown by it, certainly. Always did seem rather... out of place, a lyric-heavy song in a Final Fantasy game.

Skogs
10-22-2003, 11:39 AM
I hated it. It's way to sappy. Strings: OK. Reedy female vocals: NO. And that goes for ALL instances of pop vocals in the FF series.

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2003, 11:48 AM
I thought it was a beautiful song, but if I remember right, I had the volume way up (I was at Shlup's dad's house at the time) and it scared the living crap outta me.

Pucca
10-22-2003, 08:42 PM
I love the song, but it didn't stop me from making a great big hole in the ceiling as I jumped!!:whoa: :whoa: ;) And it was on surroound sound. Acht. :p

I think the initial shock element was Faye Wongs VOICE. A VOICE, people!!

SomethingBig
10-24-2003, 12:38 AM
I heard One Winged Angel, which had singing? I also saw the part after I played FFX, so it wasn't that big a deal :cry:

MJN SEIFER
10-25-2003, 02:23 PM
I LIKED it! Because I like Various types of songs I could Listen to say hard rock! (Other Worlds) But also Slow and emotinal (Eyes on Me) Also don't forget that FF7 and FF5 also had Voice songs!

Shlup
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
I thought it was very cute. Added more to the scene, I think. And I like sappy parts anyway.

Kenshin IV
10-27-2003, 04:23 PM
I think you're making too much of a big deal out of a mediocre song.

Breine
10-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I didn't exactly jump, but yes I was kind of surprised... A 'real' song is also played in FFIX...

blue_midget192
10-27-2003, 10:12 PM
i dint jump cos i'd allready found out that it was a 'song' with words etc (it had the words in part of a walkthrough i had) but i thought it would sound better, u know more romantic, but hey it was ok and went with the scene very well.

arcdragon9
10-28-2003, 03:08 AM
I really like the song, but I didn't notice it was playing until halfway thru. Then I was like WHAT?! COOL! Course now it's like...."ok cool song with lovey scene....can we get on with it?" So yeah it cuaght me off-guard.

Hanoi
10-29-2003, 09:49 PM
I was pretty shocked. A nice song but I thought it was maybe a little bit... cheesy??? :p

arcdragon9
10-29-2003, 10:34 PM
True it was so cheesy you could pour it over nachos and eat it.....but somehow seemd appropiate and well done. Good for karioke? perhaps?

crono_logical
10-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Not particularly, since I knew beforehand that the game had a vocal track somewhere in it, just didn't know where at the time :p Hearing vocals on another SNES game though was surprising though, since I didn't expect that console to be capable of that back then :p

Hanoi
10-30-2003, 04:15 AM
I think Creep (by radiohead) would have been a better choice of song. It fits the mood of the scene. Perfectly. :p

Mo-Nercy
10-30-2003, 08:34 AM
I was just wondering whether Rinoa knew that her dead mother was singing to them in an abandoned spaceship. :p

MagicKnight Locke
10-30-2003, 10:53 AM
very good song.Certaily better than ANY ff7 music and better than most of the other ff musics

Squall04
10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
I like Al bhed's comment.

I like the song, that's all I can say.

TogiB
10-31-2003, 02:11 AM
This was the first FF i played, so it didn't faze me much, but i did think that the song was beautiful. BTW, what "Voice" song is in FF7!!!!! i beat it and don't recall a song in it that had voice.....

Big D
10-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TogiB
BTW, what "Voice" song is in FF7!!!!! i beat it and don't recall a song in it that had voice..... One Winged Angel, played during the penultimate battle.
Latin choirs rock.

dman
11-01-2003, 01:21 AM
I actually found the song to be incorrectly used. Eyes on Me really should have been used as an accompaniment to a FMV, not as background music for a long speech scene. Better still, it should only be used in the ending movie.

I think Love grows would have done a better job.

TogiB
11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
lol, i beat FF 7 at night, and i had the volume turned way down, i geuss i never noticed the song.....Shoot, now i have to go back and beat it again....

Anubos
11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
erm... I liked the song, and did think it fit the scene, but nah wasnt surpised, nope

Cloudane
11-06-2003, 12:49 AM
The song fit perfectly IMO

Seemed they had to rush the dialogue to keep up with it though, I couldn't read it fast enough! Especially when they started interrupting each other >_<

Thunder girl
11-09-2003, 06:56 PM
The song is really good, but it would be better if it was in a FMV.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-22-2003, 03:51 PM
ya that was good but the final boss in ffx music was better.

Zeidrich
12-15-2003, 08:25 PM
I thought it was all spifftastic. The music went well with the scene and stuff. I was always hoping for voice in FF anyway so it came as a good thing to me. Good song too. *jigs*

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 10:57 PM
yea, i cant really say i was surprised, but it was really awesome. i didnt even think that it was like "the first vocal track" or whatever. i was just like "hey, a song, its pretty, im gonna download it, yay i did, its pretty, yay." lol

Gregory
12-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Those Ragnorok slimes are totally easy. But, dont you hate it when a boss strikes you w/ a horrible status effect like Berserk/Silence combo. Hehehehe. Anyways, no, I wanted to desperately get off of the Ragnorok, ignoring the risks of space atmosphere. SERUIOUSLY!!!

lonely
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I didn't jump, I was shocked, I thought it was very romantic, I think there shold have been an FMV when they hugged at the end of that song, whilst they were getting ready to land the Ragnarok!:love:

Iceglow
01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
No I didn't jump but that was because some stupid American I know told me by accident but this did remind me that I have to kill her still for telling me and spoiling the game. Hmm how soon can I get to San-Francisco? I'm not really gonna kill her probably tickle the hell out of her for an hour with a feather. When I next go San-Fran.

Lord Xehanort
01-15-2004, 01:11 AM
I was hugging Rinoa on the Ragnarok. The song was in my mind just like the fireworks. *wakes up*

Huh? Oh sorry, I really, really get into character in RPGs. The song was sweet. I love it to death and must download it. After all, 'The One-Winged Angel' had singing in KH. (which I beat before I beat FF8 [cursed Propagators]) So 'Eyes on Me' was a welcome perk to a romantic scene. I jumped because OMFG SQUALL HAS EMOTIONS!:whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

Jebus
01-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
I'm not really gonna kill her probably tickle the hell out of her for an hour with a feather. When I next go San-Fran.

*When you do make and then send me a video of it. =P*

Anyway, it didn't scare me, and while it was really cheesy, I thought the song was quite pretty, and I ignored most of the dialogue while listening to it. From what I understand I didn't miss much though.

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jebusabsolute
*When you do make and then send me a video of it. =P*

No I will not tape it and send you a copy of it the Kerry would kill me anyway she was my first serious gf so noway but I'll audio tape it and send you that if you want?:D