PDA

View Full Version : Ozma Strategies (Massive spoilers)

Materia Keeper
10-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I've tried everything I own. I think. Anyway, I have tried to fight temptation, and I've failed miserably (sp?). Oh well. I've heard various theories, but I can't used them cause meteor does too much freaking damage.:grr: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND THIS AND KICK THE CRAP OUT OF HIM?

Kurohime
10-22-2003, 03:55 AM
Ready...?

OZZY TIPS AND TRICKS

OZMA STATS
HP: ~55,000
MP: 9,9999
Type: Flying

PRE-GAME PREP

ABILITIES: Auto-life, Auto-regen, Auto-Potion, Auto-Haste, Clear-Headed, Body-Temp, Insomniac, Antibody, Locomotion, Jelly, Boost, and Concentrate. (although the "just equip as much as you can" theroy comes to mind)

EQUIPMENT: Things that have high magic evasion and defense, as well as shadow-absorbant stuff.

Stock up on: remedies and gyashl greens especiallly, though everything helps (like high potions and elixirs)

NOTES AND TIPS: I think I'm most comfortable with my team up at level 60-70 or above. I also like to get at least two people to do quad-9 damage (a maximum 9999 hit), and get their trance bars up so that they'll trance in a hit or two, especially characters like Zidane and Trusty Rusty.

(It may also be helpful to finish the friendly monster sidequest, but you don't [/i]have[/i] to.)

READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMBLE!?!?!

During the fight, keep an eye on what Ozzy does. Another thing is to think quickly. Ozzy is FAST. I think my biggest advice is to always cure you team of their status ailments ASAP.

My biggest pain was always the MINI and BERZERK ailments, since you can't protect against them. AARRGGHH!! Quina's Angel Snack can come in handy if you have a lot of people Minied, but I don't even use Quina in battle often.

Keep attacking with you highest-powered hits, and try to keep control of you players (don't let them stay Berzerked) and if anyone trances, USE IT!!

You mentioned meteor doing a lot of damage... and that's where decent HP and Auto-Regen will come in handy. Plus having any armor that gives you good magic defense and evasion may help. When I'm hit with meteor, I usually summon Bahamut or Ark on the next turn, and with their nice, long animations, let my team heal up.

Well, those are some of my abbreviated tips.

GOOD LUCK!!

Flare_Star
10-22-2003, 05:28 PM
wrapped up the thread in one.

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:27 PM
I got trouble with Ozzy too...And you're right, he's fast. DAMN fast. I tried to use reflect to shield me from his Meteor but he just used Flare Star and Curse and could have made my characters cough out blood. His MP is madness...9999 MP? and Ozzy's curaga recovers A LOT of HP.....What I hate most is the Curse that stupid soap bubble casts...Totally pierced through my reflect defenses and whooped. And we can't block Mini. I can't heal coz I got reflect, except White Wind and Items so it really limits my chances.

black orb
12-07-2003, 04:06 AM
>>> Ozma isnt that hard, just put auto-regen, auto reflect, auto life, shadow absorb equipment and make 9999 damage in each attack: Steiner + shock, Bahamut + garnet x99 + boost, Quina + frog (make sure the hit is 9999), Vivi + flare + reflectx2, and use Zidane for restore MP,status, whatever (his grand lethal helps too), throw Dark matter also hit 9999 damage, if you put Eiko she can summon fenix even if all your party is dead, with all that you can even beat Ozma at lever 40...

Psychotic
12-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Use Shock with Steiner, Dragon Crest with Freya(powered up) and Frog Drop with Quina (powered up). But as I didn't have Freya or Quina levelled up, I just reflected Flare off Vivi (with double reflect on) and I just attacked with Zidane(after doing the friendly Yan quest) and of course hurl any Dark Matters you may have at him.

midnyte_angel
02-26-2004, 09:23 AM
ozma's pretty easy if u come prepared
i managed to kill him wif a LV1 party

evryone has to be able to absorb or nullify shadow and hav auto-life and also hav completed the friendly monsters quest

i used zidane, eiko, quina and freya
zidane did thievery ->9999damage
freya did dragon crest ->9999damage
eiko threw dark matter ->9999damage
quina was my healer (shud of powered up frog drops but waz too lazy)
using steiner wud prolly hav been better but at LV1 he dun even hav enuf MP to use shock!

Ultima Shadow
06-21-2004, 04:35 PM
ozma's pretty easy if u come prepared
i managed to kill him wif a LV1 party

evryone has to be able to absorb or nullify shadow and hav auto-life and also hav completed the friendly monsters quest

i used zidane, eiko, quina and freya
zidane did thievery ->9999damage
freya did dragon crest ->9999damage
eiko threw dark matter ->9999damage
quina was my healer (shud of powered up frog drops but waz too lazy)
using steiner wud prolly hav been better but at LV1 he dun even hav enuf MP to use shock!
Oh, you'r one of those who have beaten the lvl1 Ozma quest? I'm going to try it out soon... atleast this summer. But first I must rest from the game for a while and play my FF8 ultimate challange that I will start playing when I come home from my second 7 day semester trip this summer. After just have been playing FFIX for 102 hours I just don't want to start it over again. I guess the way to Ozma with the lvl1 party will be the REALLY hard thing.

aeris2001x2
06-23-2004, 02:48 AM
lv 1 victory, lol it sounds completly impossible 2 me unless he spends his time casting berserk against a reflected party.

i hope u all realise its IMPOSSIBLE to beat him 100% of the time. ever heard of the meteor curse combo? be it lv 99, with best armour, best hp, his meteor can still easily wipe out everyone with 9000+ to everyone and just when u thought auto life had saved u along comes curse to finish the job. granted meteor dont always do such devasting hits, as the move is random. its just pot luck on which ozma u face...penenance or bite bug. all remember this before proclaiming him easy.

Ultima Shadow
06-27-2004, 05:34 PM
It's possible. Ofcourse, you can't be sure to win... and it's hard... but still possible. Flarestar: I think it may do something about 50 dammage. Meteor:Will kill the party, but can kill any party... so... yea. Curse: Danger, Danger, Danger!!! Flare: Will work like the death spell. Holy and Doomsday can be absorbed. Lvl4 holy will miss. Berserk: No difference at all. There's attacks that can do 9999 dammage even if used by a lvl 1 character. The problem is: Lack of abilitiy, slower characters + curse and Meteor will wipe you out every time. But if you'r lucky...

Ther's only one way to survive the Meteor, Curse combo if Meteor kills the party: Meteor do 9000+ dammage= Party die. Auto life= party live. Curse= Party die (again). Eiko is in party and the pheonix summon comes= Party live. But this require luck + alots of Pheonix Phinions.