PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite FF Moment? (Spoilers very likely)

Imperia
10-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Which moment in the Final Fantasy series was annoying to you, and wished it never happened, but it happened anyway?

Angel_Eyes
10-20-2003, 07:28 PM
It annoyed me in FFVIII when Rinoa pushed Irvine down the stairs in that prison place, and then said she 'scratched' him or something to get him to do something for her. That made her sound really catty and bitchy, which she's not.

Also, in FFVII, when Aeris, Cait Sith, Cloud and Tifa are all in the Temple of the Ancients and Aeris asks Cait to read her and Cloud's compatibility. Cait says something like "Oh, poor Tifa" and Aeris' reply is "Let me see! I don't mind!" whilst Tifa is visibilly distressed (well, she puts her hands on her hips) This made her seem bitchy too, which is completely un-Aeris.

Sefie1999AD
10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Final Fantasy X. Everything inside Sin, especially the final battle, really annoyed me.

MJN SEIFER
10-20-2003, 09:28 PM
The Laugh Scene in FFX AHHHH!!!
Anoyed the hell out of me!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Amarant Odinson
10-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Anytime Squall would say "... Whatever"

Flying Mullet
10-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

i90east
10-21-2003, 01:04 AM
FF4: The underground world. It was ugly and didn't make sense. It was too small as well. The story about humans evolving on earth was dumb too. Even if the evolution hypothesis was true, the way it was used in the story didn't make much sense.

FF7: The summon that Sephiroth does over and over and over. The story about Cloud's past that doesn't make any sense even after playing through the game twice. First the story's true, then it's not, then it is, then it's not. Not only that but the game goes on and on and on and on about it (I agree about the story in Kalm being annoying). That's what happens when you give a certain character too much attention. Cloud's personality was so dry and boring anyway, so who cares about his past?

FF9: The endless and boring search for Kuja.

FFX: The entire 2 hours that I played of it.

The Man
10-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by i90east
FF4: The underground world. It was ugly and didn't make sense. It was too small as well. An underground world doesn't make sense? It's a fantasy game, are you telling us that requiring suspension of disbelief in a fantasy game is shit? Also I didn't really think of it as ugly, and so what if it's "too small"? I found it to be an intriguing part of the game.

The story about humans evolving on earth was dumb too. Even if the evolution hypothesis was true, the way it was used in the story didn't make much sense.I don't even remember this from the game, and I've reviewed the story like eighty billion times. What are you talking about?

Originally posted by i90east
FF7: The story about Cloud's past that doesn't make any sense even after playing through the game twice. First the story's true, then it's not, then it is, then it's not. Not only that but the game goes on and on and on and on about it (I agree about the story in Kalm being annoying). That's what happens when you give a certain character too much attention. Cloud's personality was so dry and boring anyway, so who cares about his past?I'll agree with you on one point: Cloud isn't remotely the best character in FFVII. Yuffie, Cid, Sephiroth, Rufus, all of the Turks, and Nanaki are better characters in most senses of the word. But Cloud's story is probably the most important story in the game, which is why Square spent so much time. And he's a frickin' amnesiac, so of bloody course there'd be confusion about his story.

That said, I didn't find any difficulty at all understanding any of what happened to him (except for his escape from Hojo's mansion with Zack, which I didn't realise was an escape the first time I saw that flashback), and I've only played the game once.

Um anyway. Offhand that one mini-game in FFIX where you have to push the right buttons is probably the most annoying thing I can think of in any FF game, but for the most part I haven't been terribly irritated playing any FF game. Although there are really far too many random encounters in FFIX as well.

TheAbominatrix
10-21-2003, 04:16 AM
As for what i90 said about the Dwarves and the humans... it was never implied that they evolved from dwarves, but they did descend from them. It's very possible that there was Dwarf/Human interbreeding on that island (whose name I forget).

Anyway, my least favorite moment... any of the Squall x Rinoa nonsense from VIII. I cant say all of VIII, because I enjoyed some people and loved the card game. Oh, and whenever Garnet would sing in IX. Drove me insane.

Outsider
10-21-2003, 04:26 AM
Final Fantasy 8

I can't think of anything worse than that...

i90east
10-21-2003, 05:18 AM
The Abominatrix, it's been a while since I played, but here's what I remember. It was something about those moon guys waiting for humans to evolve on earth, and that's why they didn't go to earth. It was something like that. It was only mentioned once which is why it's hard to remember.

Deathjester, I shouldn't be expected to go into detail with every little thing I say on a message board. Who has time for that? If I wanted to be more detailed and specific, I would have layed it all out for you. Why don't you attack people who say in one sentence "Final Fantasy 8 sucks"? Don't you expect them to have a 4 page debate with you explaining every little detail behind their reasoning?

I had a longer post, but I don't want to hijack the thread with a stupid argument. All I want to say Deathjester is, you are directing your opinions against mine. That's personal. Don't do it. Thank you.

TheAbominatrix
10-21-2003, 05:36 AM
The Abominatrix, it's been a while since I played, but here's what I remember. It was something about those moon guys waiting for humans to evolve on earth, and that's why they didn't go to earth. It was something like that. It was only mentioned once which is why it's hard to remember.

I thought you were refering to the dwarves, since it was in that part of your point. As for the Lunarians, that's simply why they didnt go to Earth, doesnt have anything to do with the Dwarves. Like most advanced races in fantasy stories, they're probably waiting until those on Earth stop warring with eachother, or doing all the bad stuff humans had a tendency to do.

And as to what Death Jester said to you, it really isnt personal. He knows what most of us dislike about VIII, he may even share our views. But don't expect to post your views on a message board and not have them contended. Not being rude, just stating.

Garland
10-21-2003, 06:09 AM
Whenever I beat the main antagonist for the last time in the final battle series, and they pull out the nondescript blob of pure evil (which had yet been mentioned once at best) that'd actually been behind everything. I wish FF's would end when you defeat the boss you've been chasing for 40 hours, and not the boss that gets pulled out of nowhere just before the final 'end of world levelling/prepare for final battle' portion of the game, or worse, isn't mentioned at all untill the death animation of the antagonist.

Agent Proto
10-22-2003, 02:13 AM
I've split the thread into two. Please keep this thread on topic. And no more fighting you two. *stares at Deathjester and i90east* >:O

~Tenderness~
10-22-2003, 02:31 AM
~I'm not sure that I really have any least favourite/ most annoying Final Fantasy moments:o I usually try to view most of the events in a positive manner;)~

~However in FFVIII I personally would have prefered it if Seifer hadn't left Squall's team after the exam in Dollet:( I enjoyed using him in battle and I like watching his Fire Cross- No Mercy limit attack in action:) ~

SomethingBig
10-22-2003, 02:57 AM
Every second of FFX that I played. I especially hated the laughing scenes, like MJN Seifer.

Imperia
10-22-2003, 07:14 PM
The moments that really annoyed me was when Rosa gets captured by Golbez, and she didn't do anything about it. She just STOOD there and let him take her! Plus, when she was being held prisoner, she didn't even use her exit spell to escape. Man, what an airhead.:rolleyes2

I also couldn't stand the part in FFVIII when Rinoa was hanging from the cliff. They could've made Quistis use her whip as a rope to pull her up, but noooo. They wanted mighty Squall to save her.:Oo:

Another one that annoys me is the part where Tidus screams after the scene in Kilika Temple. It was a WEIRD scream... Finally, the ending of FFX... I didn't like it...

Flying Mullet
10-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Imperia
The moments that really annoyed me was when Rosa gets captured by Golbez, and she didn't do anything about it. She just STOOD there and let him take her! Plus, when she was being held prisoner, she didn't even use her exit spell to escape. Man, what an airhead.:rolleyes2
Yeah, and what about the part in the dwarf castle where you fight Golbez and Rydia saves and rejoins the party. After you defeat Golbez the whole group just stands there and watches the hand crawl at a snail's pace and grab the crystal. It's just a hand people! :aimmad:

Imperia
10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah!!! That part too! I mean, they could've just squashed it! If they did that, the crystal would've never been taken... I guess everybody who was present was airheaded.:D

The Man
10-22-2003, 07:47 PM
That kind of reminds me of the battles at Fabul.

<cecil> Oh god, enemies so weak that even Edward could defeat them in a single blow! Retreat, for the love of God, retreat!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Paul Knox.

Ultros0
10-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Garland
Whenever I beat the main antagonist for the last time in the final battle series, and they pull out the nondescript blob of pure evil (which had yet been mentioned once at best) that'd actually been behind everything. I wish FF's would end when you defeat the boss you've been chasing for 40 hours, and not the boss that gets pulled out of nowhere just before the final 'end of world levelling/prepare for final battle' portion of the game, or worse, isn't mentioned at all untill the death animation of the antagonist.
Well Yu Yevon was an essential key to the storyline and it helped the story alot, especially if you understood it. It helped the story line be more in depth than past final fantasies.
On Necron i can see your point, but it also helped develop the story line. Kuja was trying to destroy the origin of all existence, and Necron was essential to fully understanding the crystal and the structure of FFIX's world.

I really respect you and your views DeathJester, it's obvious that you've played all the final fantasies and understand it as well as i do.

All of the Final Fantasies were great in their own special ways, and to be able to say that you need maturity and a dynamic personality. Anyone who hated all of 10 can't say they liked every bit of another because 10 emphasized the story element and brought back "old school" things such as the magus sisters.

MJN SEIFER
10-23-2003, 12:54 PM
I just rememberd something else!

FF6:
That light in Terra's mission! You know the oe that flies around Narshe and if you touch the wrong part you fight monsters? THAT ANOYED THE HELL OUTER ME! But thanks to ROMS I was able to get past it!

Imperia
10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
I've thought of another: when you choose to go out with Aeris in the Gold Saucer in FFVII, and you goof off in the play... Aeris acted like such a brat in that part.:mad:

Sefie1999AD
10-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ultros
Anyone who hated all of 10 can't say they liked every bit of another because 10 emphasized the story element and brought back "old school" things such as the magus sisters.

I didn't say I hated all of FFX. I said I hated all of the final dungeon and final battle. Ok, I take it back, I hated all of the final dungeon and final battle except for the battle against Seymour. That was pretty cool, especially the music. And despite the disappointing final place, the ending was very good, IMHO.

I've thought of another: when you choose to go out with Aeris in the Gold Saucer in FFVII, and you goof off in the play... Aeris acted like such a brat in that part.

That happens also with Tifa and Yuffie if you mess up. I find that extremely funny. A romantic play turned into such a comedy. It's funny how Aeris/Tifa/Yuffie becomes the new Legendary Hero and beats the Evil Dragon King. I really laughed at that part.

The Man
10-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Paul Knox. I can appreciate how Paul Knox is a lot of things, but I never got how he was an FF moment :(

Female Ryuichi
10-26-2003, 07:49 PM
the entire "Look at how mean my papa was to me" thing in FFX. No, nearly everything annoyed me in that game.

zacks_clone
10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Iv only played 7-10,so heres somthing/s from each of those games.

7: nothing really.I loved the story,and all the parts in the story....Save for sephiroths summon(when all the planets are being blown up).That battle was long and annoying for me,but i suppose it was injoyable.if only that summoning haddent been so long.

Aerises little 'oh,i dont mind' made her seem heartless,which im sure she wasnt.It made her seem like she didnt care about tifa.

8:I have to agree with rinoa pushing irving.It made her seem like a witch,and iv kinda kept that feeling sense then.She seemed so selfish...

9:nothing really.but maybe the look of stiener

10:....hmmm.....the 'ya know?'

Kenshin IV
10-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by The Dude
Final Fantasy VIII
:skull::skull::skull::skull:........ that's what I was going to say.

edit by crono_logical: Swearing's not nice. Don't think you're clever by getting past the filter, you're actually being childish.

Spatvark
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
For me, Rinoa pushing Irvine down the stairs was the best bit in FF8 by a mile. The one joke in the game that actually made me laugh XD

FF1: FRIGGING LEVELLING UP TO DO THE DAMN HYDRA MARSH THINGY! I hate that bit of the game so intensely -_-

FF2: Levelling whatsoever. Storyline was a joy, but while I understood and appreciated the levelling system, it was still a pain in the arse.

FF3: Everything. I just truly hated this game.

FF4: Any moment with Rosa in. She's the only character I've hated because she was well written. Basically, I've always felt that she was written to be a total cow, and that's certainly how she comes off.

FF5: Job class system. I've just never been able to get the hang of the darn thing =P

FF6: The World of Ruin. The plotline falls apart with the world. Non-linear plots in games do work, but there was next to no plot whatsoever in teh second half of the game, and after being so story-driven in the first half, that infuriates me.

FF7: Nothing about the game really irritated me, except that I just didn't find it that fun to play =S I guess I'm just a freak in that aspect =P

FF8: Any moment where the characters talked, really, but the most irritating moment is on Trabia Garden's basketball court. "Oh wait, I grew up with you!" "Me too!" "Wow, what a surprise!" "I knew the whole time, but I'm such a twat, I din't tell you!" etc. I wanted to bash the plot writers heads in -_-

FF9: Racing Hippaul 50,000 effin' times to get the Athlete Queen -_-I was ready to burninate that git by the end of it.

And I haven't played FFX yet due to a solid lack of a PS2 =S

Nait
10-27-2003, 08:21 PM
The Infamous Laughing Scene from our very own - Final Fantasy X!

Though I liked the game. *_*

Cz
10-27-2003, 09:19 PM
FFI: Dying and resetting time after time outside the Ice Cavern.

FFII: The crazy levelling system.

FFIII: Not having played it. :(

FFIV: Probably the unexpected final boss.

FFV: The Bard class. (This would probably apply to FFIII as well, but it has the Scholar)

FFVI: Having to go through Narshe half a dozen times in the WoR, to discover every last secret.

FFVII: The materia system. It's not my kind of ability system.

FFVIII: The start of disc 3, when Squall's personality completely changes for very little reason.

FFIX: The friendly animal/ragtime mouse sidequest. Running around in forests hoping for the 'right' sort of random encounter is just plain boring.

FFX: The absurd strength of the secret enemies, which made every storyline boss laughably easy. And most of the voice acting.

I don't have many complaints, plot-wise. I can stand a lame plot, but bad gameplay really ticks me off.

sephiroth21
11-11-2003, 08:26 PM
FF 10- when tidues tells yuna that laghing would make her feel better and then thy both start laughing really loud. that, drove me insane

:chop:
this
is
tidues

muchacho
11-15-2003, 06:34 PM
i didnt like the part in 8 when irvine out of no where says "hey, we all used to be friends when we were little, remember the orphanage." i thought that was lame. of course its not word for word but it was a summery.

the part in 6 when your getting fish, and you want to save cid but only bad fish appear. so damn annoying.

and last but not least, the infamous laughing scene in 10. WHAT THE HELL WAS SO FUNNY??? god that was annoying.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2004, 08:11 PM
The threads. They're old. No postie.