PDA

View Full Version : CD Player troubles

Erdrick Holmes
10-22-2003, 02:56 AM
My portable CD player broke after I dropped it some time ago, when I hit the play button and have the lid closedit makes this buzzing and clicking noises and it does that even when I dont have a CD inside. It won't play any because the disc wont spin either. I opened up to see if there is a jammed part inside but I can't find anything lat looks faulty, I think the spinner in the middle is jammed, any idea what I can do to fix it.

Phil
10-22-2003, 03:39 AM
I'd say your optical cd reader is broken. It's kind of like your little needle on an old record player. Even when there isnt a cd inside, it's still trying to read something thats not there. It doesnt look faulty, but even .05 of a millimeter off and It'll screw up. Same thing happened to my PS2. My advice : trash it and buy a new one for $40 bucks at Wal-Mart. If you need any REALLY technichal help pm me because I wont go into it if theres no need to, but I dont mind helping :laugh:

Yoshix
10-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Joel dude, if I was you I'd buy a new one, they're like 30 dollars. I guess you could get a new lense like Vincent said, out of a cd rom drive, or another busted player.

Rainecloud
10-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Remember the PSOne advert? Don't touch the lens!

I suppose you could try cleaning the lens - carefully, but a new CD player is probably the only solution.