PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Drum Core Show?

Ultros0
10-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Someone seriously needs to arrange some of the battle things for marching music and march it because it has potential... Jenova Battle, Sephiroth theme, FFX Ending Theme all have potential... The one posted on the Nobuo Uematsu homepage was a high school one and used rather unimpressive forms and music

Kirobaito
10-30-2003, 02:53 AM
I've got the same idea as you, ultros. Our band (that's high school marching) lost most of our trumpet section this year, so we need a show next year that doesn't feature trumpets anymore (this year we did the rock opera Tommy by the Who, and got 10th at area, though we should've gone to state, but I don't wanna get into that...). I've given the tracks of "Liberi Fatali", "Aeris's Theme," and "One Winged Angel" to my band director and he loves them. Just there is no stupid full band Liberi Fatali! I've asked Arnold Morrison if he would do it, and he said that he can't right now due to exhibition shows (he's a director), but he may attempt it after marching season ends. I think our band could pull it off. We've got a hell of a low brass section that could rip off on LF, good woodwind soloists for Aeris's Theme, and excellent percussion for One Winged Angel. Just I can't find the stupid band sheet music for Liberi Fatali! If you continue your search and find the full band sheet music to LF, please e-mail me the link at dragospirit@hotmail.com!

Ultros0
11-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Ill look... see if you can get newer music... it's arranged better.
4a/5a?
edit: you're in texas too... i goto colleyville heritage in colleyville

eestlinc
11-04-2003, 03:51 AM
if someone paid me a good bit of money, I'd arrange some stuff. Incidentally, I saw a high school band play a video game music show at BOA nationals a few years back, in 2000 I think. It was pretty good.

Kirobaito
11-17-2003, 06:09 PM
I go to Southwest High School, it's a 4A school. We're awesome, but we're extremely poor (we have a $4500 budget), because all of the money from this one street in FW that should go to us goes to Crowley, because the guy that donated the land said that all the money from it would go to Crowley.

We're hoping to get more money all this school year, so we can go to BOA next year with props, and a fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth to the tune of One Winged Angel.

Ranti
01-29-2004, 04:17 AM
lol, the title of this thread reminded me of a video I dled awhile ago of some high school percussive group that performed a small selection of FF music. The sound quality is really bad though, its interesting seeing all the costumes. Cosplay + high school band= ? xD