PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way I can play Seiken Densetsu 3 on my SNES?

FlamingChicken04
10-22-2003, 06:27 AM
I have downloaded the ROM and beat the game and it's one of my favorites games ever and I have played a ton of RPG's, but what I'm wondering is if there's any way I can play it on my SNES in English or if I can get a Super Famicom and play it on English somehow on that. I know I'd have to get the cartridge from Japan but if anybody has an ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Endless
10-22-2003, 05:30 PM
If you get the cart from Japan or an import shop, you'll be playing in Japanese, no matter what. Cart = ROM = not editable. You can play it on any snes as long as you have an adpater (action replays did that well back in the days).

The Man
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Can Famicom/Super Famicom games actually be made to work on NES/SNES then? I didn't know there was actually an adapter for them. Wow. Cool.

I'd rather play the ROM, though, since I can actually READ it. Although two-player SD3 on an actual SNES would be pretty bloody great, no doubt about it.

crono_logical
10-23-2003, 12:47 AM
That's what multiplayer support in Snes9x/ZSNES is for :p

The Man
10-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, too bad I can't be arsed to figure that out :P

Flying Mullet
10-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Just cram the Super Famcom cartridge in your Super Nintendo and it will work.

Endless
10-23-2003, 09:33 PM
It won't.
Japan: curved carts, ntsc, 60Hz, Japan zone
US: square carts, ntsc, 60Hz, US zone
Europe: curvy carts, pal, 50Hz, Europe zone.

So... J->US = EU->US = US->J = US->EU = materially impossible, because it just won't fit in the slot.
And J->EU or EU->J doesn't work for zone reasons.

Snes adapters (image (http://medlem.spray.se/amazon/amazon/convert.jpg)) have two slots (one for the imported cart, one for an original cart from your zone) and have a different shape if you live in the EU (then it's curved) or in the states (squared).

Flying Mullet
10-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Sorry, my sarcasm and purposeful bad advice didn't convey easily.

Endless
10-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Let me know before you post next time :p

Heath
11-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
That's what multiplayer support in Snes9x/ZSNES is for :p

From what I hear it's very laggy though.