PDA

View Full Version : Future FF Online Games?

Rizzice
10-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Are there going to be any future play online games like FFXI? B/C I know they are coming out with a FF12, but why don't they make that online instead of FFXI?.. or am I just being stupid..:mog:

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2003, 03:51 PM
There's no announced plans for any, but I'm sure if the demand is there, they'll do it. Who knows, it could end up branching out into a whole new line of online FF games?

As for XII instead of XI... what's the point of that, aside from it just being numbered differently? Anyway, XI was designed from the start to be a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG, and XII was not.

Valarm
10-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I believe Square will be keeping both its platform types of the FF game. So that people that do not like to play MMoRPGs will still be able to enjoy the series.

And the PS2 HHD is supposed to come with a few demos on it too. Wheatear or not it will include and new online games I'm not sure.

But I for one would like to see Play Online have more games to play wheatear small and inexpensive like TM or more like FF XI.

TheAbominatrix
10-23-2003, 12:29 AM
And to add, they may give more games online capbilities. For instance, the games may be your normal FF sort, but it may be possible to go online to trade or something... and Lord knows what they'll do as far as MMORPGs, but I'd think they'd be considering doing more. And they wont up an abandon the old formula.

The Oolahoop
10-23-2003, 02:51 AM
They would be stupid of abandoning the old formula, they sell millions of copies of each FF.

project_mayhem
10-23-2003, 03:35 AM
from what i've heard ffxii will be back to the standard FF type game but there will be some online elements.... nothigns been made clear what that will mean.... whether it will be online trading or card games or chocobo racing... or maybe just chat rooms where people can talk about the game...... nothigns really been announced as to what but there will be online elements (ofcourse thats what we heard about ffX)

Rostum
10-23-2003, 05:05 AM
I heard Square were making another MMORPG, but not the same title as FF.

SubMatrix
10-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Yeah I heard the same thing, can't remember the name though but it's by Square-Enix. Will probably be a while before it's going to be out, hope it doesn't take too many resources away from FFXI =/.

Leighton

Rostum
10-23-2003, 07:40 AM
Well, it looked similar to FFXI, but more colourful I guess. It seems like it'd be fun but I'm sticking to FFXI, as it's one of the mainstream FF games.

Loony BoB
10-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Whatever makes them money.