PDA

View Full Version : For those who have played both FF2(j) and FF6...

Fredde
10-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Well, I didn't know where to put this, but I figured here was the best place...

I was reading an review of FF2(j) a while ago and the reviewer had this to say:
"There, however, is a dungeon theme, that will make you say "Owzer's House". Yep, that song originated from one of the dungeon themes in this game."

Now, I've recently finished FF6, and yes, I've visited Owzer's House, but I can't seem to find that the "theme" (wich is the same as the city that the house is in) has anything to do with any themes from FF2. Does anyone know what this reviewer means?

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Alright, this might contain some spoilers, but...inquisitive minds want to know, I suppose.

Later in the game, you will return to Owzer's house to pick up a character. At this point, there will be different music, not used anywhere else. I can't remember where exactly, but there is a place in FF2 that it's music DID immediately remind me of the theme from Owzer's house.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2003, 06:27 AM
I'm very familiar with "Mechanism Residence," which is the theme of Owzer's house--and I don't recall hearing any music that reminded me of it while playing FFII. If someone could name the scene where this song supposedly plays, though, I'd certainly be interesting in checking.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Like I said, I do remember a place where the music reminded me of that theme. I just don't remember where it was. I might go back and look through all the towns and dungeons and such again, though.

EDIT: This sounds rude. I didn't mean it to sound rude, so sorry if it comes out that way. Ummmm...anyway...

Sefie1999AD
11-09-2003, 10:29 AM
FF2j OST has a few unreleased tracks, such as Shopping, Airship, Battle 3 and Dungeon theme. These never appeared in any of FF2's versions, not even FF2 Origins. This unreleased Dungeon theme from FF2j OST was later used as the theme for Owzer's Magical House in FF6's WoR. I manage to find a version of FF2j's unreleased Dungeon theme, and I've attached it to this post. It sounds like NES beeps, i.e. it's bad quality, so don't put your volume to full when listening to it. I can clearly recognize the melody as the Magical House theme.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Haha awesome. *rocks out*