PDA

View Full Version : deja vu? -> base of blitzball

Ranti
10-23-2003, 11:03 AM
the point of this thread is that I think I found a game that square might have used as a basis for Blitzball...the two are so similar IMO its uncanny...

It's a really old game so I wouldn't expect you to know it but its called Tecmo Cup Soccer, its for the NES (yes the original Nintendo). You level your players on your team as you do passes, shots, defense..very similar to Blitz...There really aren't any special moves that I've found so far in Tecmo Cup (I'm playing the rom- rented it a long time ago and just barely found the rom). I kinda like this game for the NES more than Blitz- realistic (more or less, the main char has a super shot), you have more control over the goalie and how you want to try and make the save, you have more people on the field for more options in game tactics, and defending has more choices (tackle, mark- trap, cut off- stop the ball) instead of just tackling in Blitz

This game popped into my mind like the second time I ever played Blitzball, and I'm finally just now making this thread...heh

Well, did this thought come to any of you or have you even heard of Tecmo Cup? Personally, I think it's rather interesting that a game as old as Tecmo Cup is rehashed and made into a minigame for FFX. Well, thats what seems to have happened IMO.

What are your thoughts?

Btw, I attached the rom (if thats alright with you mods of course! If it's not I'll take it off) so if you want to know what I'm talking about and look into this game and my theory/thought or whatever

Oh and yeah, its a zip file to download so make sure you have winzip or a program like that so you can extract the rom