PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Summon

crescent_wish
10-23-2003, 12:57 PM
This will probably sound like a really stupid question, but how do you get the Alexander materia? I'm at the Great Glacier right now, and I have never been able to find Alexander. Some sites say I have to battle a witch called 'Snow' and others say it is in the crater or a cave.

In simple terms - where is it??????????

Amanda

eternalshiva
10-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Name: Alexander
Found: At Great Glacier - touch the hot springs then go to the cave, east of the snowfield and battle the witch "Snow" (not the "Snow" you meet in normal battles).
Does: Judgement.
Element damage: Holy

You can find all that info on the front site! ;p

http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/materia.shtml

Strider
10-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I've had this same question since forever, especially since no one has ever been able to specifically tell me where the hot spring is. If I knew that, everything would be gravy, so. . . yeah.

Zifnab
10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Okay, this is my wonderful way of sorting it out:

First, get to the Mountain Climber's house. Then leave again at the exit, you'll be on that big field where you place poles. Look at the ground and you'll see it's made up of circles. Go straight down from the house and eventually you'll reach a place where you can find the spring. Once you touched it go back to the man's house, then go back to the big field. Walk down 2 "blocks", then walk right 2 blocks. Keep your eye on the blocks while the screen is spinning, and soon you should be at the Snow's place.

I may have got them mixed up, so it's worth trying going down 2 than right first.

SomethingBig
10-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Since we're on the topic of Alexander, is he really useful at all? The last time I used him was when FF7 first came out and my brother got it for the PC. I forgot he even existed when I got the PS version. Also, is he especially good against any of the Sephiroths?

Materia Keeper
10-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I don't know about Sephiroth, but I used it against the two headed dragon in Gaea's Cliff. It combined with Comet can smack pretty hard. Other than that, I found it pretty useless, because you get Neo Bahuamut and Bahamut Zero fairly soon afterwords. Plus, I don't remember where the Huge Materia fits into all this, but Hades is one mean summon with added effect linked to it in your weapon. It's really good in battle square.

SomethingBig
10-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Hades is also good against the Ruby Weapon, since it can be used with Quadra Magic and his attack creates a whole bunch of status ailments.

Reina
10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
I only ever got Alexander in order to get Master Summons...
Like Kjata, rarely used.

Gregory
10-29-2003, 09:21 PM
You have Bahamut, Kjata, and Odin. You think Alexander wilkl be your priority after you gain Odin? Think hard. He's one of those summons that are rarely used like Hades, Ifrit, Typhoon, etc. I neven use Hades and Typhoon because I'm normally using Bahamut ZERO or Odin. Alexander COULD'VE done some good in the Cosmo Canyon Cave, but nooooo.... you had to get the punk later. Lousy SQUARE!!!

MagicKnight Locke
10-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Gregory
You have Bahamut, Kjata, and Odin. You think Alexander wilkl be your priority after you gain Odin? Think hard. He's one of those summons that are rarely used like Hades, Ifrit, Typhoon, etc. I neven use Hades and Typhoon because I'm normally using Bahamut ZERO or Odin. Alexander COULD'VE done some good in the Cosmo Canyon Cave, but nooooo.... you had to get the punk later. Lousy SQUARE!!!
dont be confused...Hades paralyzes ruby which makes the fight lots easier.
Ifrit is good in HIS time.Typhoon packs 9000+ damage for me? o_O.
Oh and alexander will help you on those pesky undead enemies u encounter