PDA

View Full Version : Main Job/Adv. Job/Sub-Supporting Job?? somebody explain please

natagii
10-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Can somebody clarify what are the main job, adv. job, sub job?

Adv.Jobs and Sub Jobs are different right? which means somebody can take a main job (blk mage) then switch to adv.job (summoner) at 35, and then take a sub job (thief) later on?

The Oolahoop
10-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Your main job is the job that defines your toon(stats, weapons and armor allowed). You can get a sub job at lvl 18(need to do a quest first) and that job gives you its abilities(exept the one with a 2hr refresh timer) and some of its stats, but you sare not allowed to use equipment that your main job can't use(it prevent from having WM running around in full plate) Advanced job is like any other job but it can only be unlocked when one of your job is at lvl30. Once the advenced job is unlocked you can use it as your main job or sub job. So you will never have more than 2 jobs at a time. All the exp you get goes for your main job.

Oh and one more thing: Your sub job can never be more than 1/2 the lvls of your main job. Don't worry you don't loose any lvls on your sub job, you just don't use the extra ones. And all the exp you get goes for your main job.

Squall
10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
And if that didn't explain it,go to the gamefaqs site.You will find the whole thing explained there.

XERO
10-24-2003, 12:04 AM
i think he did a pretty good job of explaining it

natagii
10-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I understand all that, but my question was meant to be, "can you have an adv job at lvl 70 (summoner) with your main job at lvl 70 (blk mage) and a sub job at 35 (thief)?"

sorry about the misunderstanding on my previous question :)

The Oolahoop
10-24-2003, 04:07 AM
The thing that you don't seem to understand is that an advanced job is not a 3rd job it's only a job that you have to unlock. Once unlocked they are like any other jobs. You can only use 2 jobs at any given time. So in your exemple, you will be summoner(lvl70)/black mage(lvl35) or black mage (lvl70)/summoner(lvl35) or summoner(lvl70)/thief(lvl35) or black mage (lvl70)/thief(lvl35) or thief(lvl35)/summoner(lvl17) or thief(lvl35)/black mage(lvl17). You can switch between those possibilities as many times as you want but you will never be a summoner(lvl70)/blackmage(lvl70)/thief(lvl35).

So if you chose to be blackmage(lvl70)/thief(lvl35) your summoner job will still be lvl 70 but you wont use any of its abilities or stats or spells.

Squall
10-24-2003, 11:10 AM
I would choose the summoner as my primary job.As my secondary,I would use black mage[I really have a thing for that magic].

inlineskating29
10-24-2003, 07:58 PM
if your sub job is always half your main job then when u lvl up your main job your sub job should go up to

but thats not the case is it

The Oolahoop
10-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Your sub job won't get any exp, only the main job gets it. So if you want to lvl your sub job you have to make it your main job.

Remember that you don't loose any lvls on your sub job, you just don't get its abilities/spells/stats.. If you have summoner at lvl 30 and thief at lvl 30 and you decide to be a thief(main)/summoner(sub) then your summoner lvl will be 15(30/2=15). When you get lvl 32 thief then your subjob (summoner) will be at lvl 16. And when you get at lvl 70 with your main job (thief) your sub job (summoner) will stay at lvl 30, you will have to make it your main job in order to lvl summoner again.

Rostum
10-25-2003, 12:50 AM
But just remember, if you get a new subjob you've never leveled, it will start at 1 and it won't be half the main job. The limit for the subjob is half the main jobs level.

So you'd still need to level up your subjob. Hope that helped out too.