PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII's feel

Flying Mullet
10-23-2003, 06:16 PM
So which kind of "feel" and world do you hope for in Final Fantasy XII?

NOTE: I know that the games mentioned above can be considered to have other moods and such as well, but I was just throwing in a general example for the poll.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Every single Final Fantasy game ever made (except maybe FFII and FFV) has had its share of Sci-Fi elements, you know, so I'll safely go with the mix.

Ultros0
10-24-2003, 01:37 AM
i would say go with a NEW feel

Zifnab
10-24-2003, 09:22 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the manga-type animation that FFVII had return.

Cloudane
10-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling they'll be too busy showing off awesome graphics for too much of an anime/deformed look but who knows... FFIX managed to match them well (I'd love to see it similar to FFIX, tho I think FFIX was designed with all its past FF references and all to be a final "goodbye" to Classic FF)

Chrono Chrazy
10-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Mideval. Definatley. I'm not one to deny FFVII, but I liked the mideval style seen in FF I-V better.

ZeZipster
10-25-2003, 04:07 AM
From the looks of that promo it's taking on a FFTA + FFVII feel.

FinalLethal
10-29-2003, 05:12 AM
i want a final fantasy IX style to it, medieval but still really advanced, and i want the characters to be more like that ffIX then that of ffVIII and ffX

Jack
11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
I would love a real grubby style, like real dark and real feel.
If you went into a tunnel, you'd know what I mean. It has to feel like the enviroments are alive, like the world does move without you moving. Like the other people have lives.
I'd like a futuristic feel, but very dark. Even darker then FFVII. I'd also like the characters to be real looking, and to have problems and pasts.

Cloud.......well that was bloody complicated
Squall..he was moody
Zidane ....carefree until BANG
Tidus....hats his father

How about a real social outcast. And for them to look really modern in a gothic futuristic setting would be ace

playaGAW
11-16-2003, 04:08 AM
FFVI was my favorite FF game so it should be like that.

Shayo
11-16-2003, 07:39 PM
i'd have to say a mix between ffVII, FFIX, and FFX

Garland
11-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Medieval. I want Black Mages, White Mages, Knights, Thieves, and other trademark FF classes. I also want them in the outfits that made them famous. I want barrel-technology airships and all the things that Final Fantasy is about.

Jack
11-18-2003, 07:32 PM
I reckon it should have a couple of refrences to other FFs

(Read my other post)
In my neo-modern/gothic look, you could have a mall, at night, with Mog dolls and stuff. Especially Moomba dolls

The're should be guns, Lots of guns, and tall imposing skyscapers with gargoyles and it rains a lot. Ver dark.

Story...should be about a uprising. You're part of that uprising and you succed, but your leader turns AWOL and the world is at threat. I'd like some huge ships a la FFVIII (With flying Gardens) that'll be cool. And there should be a big battle that you actually feel is huge (Lik MOH Frontline D-Day) It should be cool, with bullets and explsions in the background.

What do you think?

moscow
12-03-2003, 05:23 AM
wow, i'm really happy to see that so many people are into the whole medeival motiff... that's my preference as well.

anything with classic job classes and chocobos and mages and stuff. oh yeah, and CASTLES too!

Loony BoB
12-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ZeZipster
From the looks of that promo it's taking on a FFTA + FFVII feel.
Which is why I'm looking forward to it.

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
From what I understand it doesn't feel like FF :D

Loony BoB
12-03-2003, 04:08 PM
They say that every time, edcwhtvr. You should have figured that out by now. *thwap*

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
They say that every time, edcwhtvr. You should have figured that out by now. *thwap*

I know. Thats why I said what I said.

Ghost
12-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Wow Legolas63, the game you're decsribing sounds like it would be really cool. However it doesn't sound very Final Fantasy related. It sounds to me like you've got some great ideas that would work well in a Shadowrun-type setting.

My preference is simply a good game. I don't really care so much what the setting is if the story draws me through it. I'm sure that goes without saying but...I felt like saying it.
Having said that, my preference would be for not necessarily a Medieval period (I'm thinking IV(US2) but for the kind of Rennaisance feel that Vagrant Story had. And from what I've seen, it appears (in architecture and design at least) to be headed in that kind of direction.

We call pre-cyber cyberpunk "steampunk" because of the predominance of steam-powered technology. So what do we call this? Almost like magic-punk or something. How about crystal-punk since there's probably at least one major machine powered by a crystal.

Hey, I've got it, we'll call it Final Fantasy!

Delice
12-26-2003, 02:21 AM
I want FFXIIs feel to be like that of GLADI mood
and plz NO MORE -LOVE- story plzzzzz:mad:

I want serious dark moody, ala FFT and VS

Ramza_Beouvle
12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
hmmm.... from what I seen so far, FFXII has some sort of Chrono Cross feel to it...
Personaly, I was hoping for that kinda feel to!

black orb
01-05-2004, 08:51 AM
>>> FF12 = "Romanesque-Art Nouveau" for me, and the always unnecessary futurictic stuff..