PDA

View Full Version : FF2 Origins

Thorin
10-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know if the Skip-an-encounter trick works for FFOrigins as well as the ff2j?

Thanks

Zifnab
10-23-2003, 10:58 PM
What is the trick exactly? I can't say I've heard of it.

Thorin
10-25-2003, 05:47 PM
This is a cheat that i think can pretty much be only used in Rom mode. Basically it allows to get anywhere you want in walking distance (aka Mysidia) without having to worry about encounters.

Your party has to start off almost dead. Basically with a ROM you can determine how many steps you go before you have an encounter. On the FF2J rom version if you stop before the encounter and cast a cure on your guys, the encounter number resets and you can walk further before you reach another encounter. So theoretically you can keep doing this an avoid encounters.

Which brings me to my question that I know this works with the FF2J ROM, but does it work while playing Origins...on an emulator?

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 03:28 AM
I don't know about that...I figure, if you're about to die and don't have the items or MP to cure yourself, you could always Memo Save your game every step, if you don't have too far to go. Not that you need to save it, but disrupting the time flow might get you out of battles--how many times have you just come out of your menu and taken one step and gone into battle?