PDA

View Full Version : White Mages

matos1016
10-24-2003, 03:41 AM
I have a rather simple question and I feel stupid in asking it but I really don't know the answer.

How does a WMG level up if its not in a group and about how long would it take to get to level 18? (I heard level 18 in the level at which you can get subjob) Also, can anyone way the pros and cons of being a WMG in terms of gameplay? I was thinking about being a monk or a white mage and I want to know wih one would be a better starting job.

Thanks all in advance. (by the way this forum is an excellent source of knowledge)

Alpha
10-24-2003, 04:05 AM
How does a WMG level up if its not in a group and about how long would it take to get to level 18?
Despite the limited strength it should be very possible to level up a White Mage solo till around level 10 I'm guessing.

Also, can anyone way the pros and cons of being a WMG in terms of gameplay?
Well, for starters you don't have to rest quite as long as other people thanks to cure. And as a WM you'll also have no trouble finding a party later on. It's kinda dangerous to be without one. The cons of a white mage include the fact that if the creature your party is fighting in a suddenly starts to target you, you've got a good chance of dieing right there, and if you cast a high level healing spell or use the WM super ability in battle, there's a really good chance that you'll be the next target of the creature.

I was thinking about being a monk or a white mage and I want to know wih one would be a better starting job.
Might be easier for you if you start with a Monk so if you start leveling up as a White Mage later on you can put Monk as your subjob to give your White Mage some of his abilitys and stats. (only if you leveled up Monk past level...18? I forgot the subjob requirements)

The Oolahoop
10-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Don't forget to play a job that you will actually enjoy instead of playing one because of its abilities or because its faster to find a grp with it.

Valarm
10-24-2003, 06:39 AM
Played a white mage in beta as Elvaan and got it up to level 6 np, but did not pursue it after that, because I wanted to try other jobs. I did not find it to hard to level either by yourself; you just spend more time fighting weaker monsters unlike a monk which would be able to take on stronger monsters sooner.

Lionx
10-25-2003, 01:57 AM
For monster going after you, you have to trust your tanker to keep it off you, so defense isnt an issue as long as u got a decent tanker.

Monk sub has no point to the WHM because you arent there to dish dmg, you are there to heal and i rather you sub blm to get better enfeeb and more mp.

But as stated go with one you love most.