PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to drop a profession in this game at all?

natagii
10-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Is it possible to drop a profession if you find out that the job you pick isnt the right one for you? or you would just want to try out a different job later on?

How many characters can you have on one server? Just 1?

The Oolahoop
10-24-2003, 05:21 AM
You can change job whenever you want at your mog house and you can take it back later with the same lvl as it was. So if you are a lvl 70 RM you can change for WM or any other job. If later you can take summoner back and it will still be at lvl 70. So it is possible to max your lvl in every job.

It is possible to have multiple caracters per server(I think it's 8) but it costs 1$ per caracter per month

Valarm
10-24-2003, 06:33 AM
If when you say profession you mean smithing and wood working for example. I think you can only learn on at a time, I THINK. This is how I think it works:

Say you start out by joining Smithing by joining the guild in which ever kingdom you’re in. You can get image support form those NPCs that are part of that guild when creating things.

But say later you want to make a potion so you join the Alchemist Guild; you no longer belong to the Smithing Guild, so I don't think you will get image support any more. Whether or not the skill will keep going up I don't know, now that you belong to different guild.

I hope Lionx or someone else will come and fill in the gaps or correct me if I am totally off base. I only tryed Smithing and Fishing in beta so this is only an educated guess.

Lionx
10-25-2003, 02:03 AM
You can join as many trade jobs as you want and they all lvl independantly. but they cost alot initially so pick carefully before going in.

You can have as much as 64 characters, but since they are randomly selected into diff servers you have to get world passes to get em in ur own. And yes one more buck per month for the char.

Valarm
10-25-2003, 12:12 PM
*Shakes Lionx's Hand* Thanks again, your linkshell is very lucky to have someone that knows so much about the game. *Dreams of the day of when I might be able to recruit Lionx into ours.* :D

Lionx
10-25-2003, 10:19 PM
^^''' i am flattered and i would join if i can...*is in like....3 other LSs? XD* i will and i would like it if we can go on the same server....if you would like people here can PM me and i can discuss on a World Pass plan.