PDA

View Full Version : Luckiest moment

the blitzer
10-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Have you ever had one of those moments when it looked like you were going to die, but by some mircale you didn't. it happend to me twice.

On FF8, when I fought Bahumat for the first time, with Squall, Irvine and Rinoa. I summoned a my GF's and he kills all of them. So I use a few magic spells, and then he kills Squall and Irvine and puts rinoa on low HP. I'm thinking he's gonna kill me in the next turn, but Rinoa has a limit break ready and I select Combine, well I thought I may as well go for it and I get Wishing Star. Which kills him, even though though I hardly hurt him. Of course how every time I fight him he's easy.

Oh just rembered on FF6 I was fighting the robot in the mines and was using Locke, Edgar and Sabin. edgar had counter and an ice sword and ice heals him. So he kept attacking Edgar and getting healed. he wipes out Locke and Sabin and badly wounds Edgar, luckily I got Edgar's near death attack which killed him.

Pancaek
10-24-2003, 05:34 PM
In FFT, in one of the battles with the usual bad reputation of being hard (Golgorand Execution Site), one of my guys died right near the beginning. Being a Geomancer challenge, I had no healing, so I only had 3 turns to kill everyone off before they crystallized. I ended up dealing the final blow right before she would have crystallized, and I mean RIGHT before, because her CT was at 95/100 or something like that.

Cz
10-24-2003, 06:53 PM
When fighting Bahamut in FFVIII, I managed to lower his HP drastically. I think a couple more hits would have killed him. Having been fighting Ruby Dragons for the last half hour, I was mortified to be wiped out by his Mega Flare. Luckily for me, Phoenix appeared, restored my characters, and I finished him off. I may well have had luckier moments, but that one was certainly a relief.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2003, 08:45 PM
The first time I fought Emerald Weapon in FFVII, I fought with all the meticulously strategic system-abusing precautions that surround all these hyper-difficult optional boss fights, but I was still losing the battle. The beast slowly wore my party deeper and deeper into the ocean floor, until it finally looked like Cloud and company were on the brink of destruction. Final Attack + Phoenix had already activated five times, so there was no hope of any convenient auto-resurrection.

I had given up all hope and was already planning out my second try when I noticed that Cait Sith was up for his Limit Break, and there were only a few seconds remaining before Emmy's next turn would come up and she'd deliver the finishing blow. "It ain't over till it's over," I figured, so, with no expectations whatsoever, I hit the slots.

The slots stopped: three Crowns. Toy Soldier. Six diminutive toy soldiers in an orange uniform marched out towards Emerald Weapon in a row, came to a halt, lowered their rifles, and shot. The attack dealt less than 2000 damage. My jaw fell slack as Emmy completely and gloriously vaporized. My tears of satisfaction still have not stopped flowing.

MagicKnight Locke
10-24-2003, 10:12 PM
oh theres been lots
FF3j
I was dieing to Garuda with 2 of my dragoons not dead (and not in the air) with the next hit surely wipeing them out.Somehow that idiot missed the next thunder on one of my dragoons.I managed to kick his ass after that though(he was nearly deaqd already before)
Beating Ancient Ruins at lvl 21.Something INCREDIBLY lucky(i restarted 9+ times)
FF7
when i first beat materia keeper i thought it like major luck ;)
That Gi Nattak thingy at Gi Cave took everyone but barret down and barret was at the brink of death.His limit break was up though.I killed it with a grenade bomb.I was so happy :D
FF8
Once against a propagator i died and phoenix ressed me
FF9
I know it wasnt real luck but when i saw necron putting in pointless blue shockwaves after the Neutron Wave i felt lucky,happy and all stuff like that
FFTA
I was fighting these crystal thingys(second totema)
I was losing badly because of that confuse attack.
Suddenly i memorized the law cards.I used a charm card and won

black orb
10-25-2003, 02:36 AM
>>> Fighting Ozma maybe, with Eiko the fenix always appeared from nowhere and revived all the party..

Jebus
10-25-2003, 04:20 AM
On FFVII I was fighting the Materia Keeper with Cloud, Barrett and Tifa. Cloud and Tifa were dead after a long drawn out fight, and Barrett was at 50hp. I thought it was all over so I started to get up to reset (I never use soft reset, because I always forget about it) when Barrett attacks and kills the Keeper.

Radje
10-25-2003, 02:20 PM
2 things on FF7: I had never been able to get past materia keeper my first time playing the game, my mom has a go, uses Cait sith's dice and it dies....

Also When fighting Ultimate weapon on my first time playing all my party was dead other than vincent who got a limit break which doubled, and full restored his hp. Nest attack being some random powerful move which i forget the name of killed it.

Erdrick Holmes
10-25-2003, 04:32 PM
I was fighting Emerald Weapon in FFVII and I had Cait Siths limit break all set to go off, and yes I got the GAME OVER on the first try, emerald weapon dies immediatly.

i90east
10-25-2003, 04:38 PM
I don't usually end up in a near fatal predicament, but my friend and my brother both had lucky moments in FFVI.

My friend was fighting Tunnel Armor with Celes and Locke. Celes was dead and Locke was near fatal. Locke did his despiration attack and killed the boss.

My brother was fighting that boss you fight while falling down to the floating continent. I forgot what characters he had, but 2 were dead. The one remaining was near fatal. He did his despiration attack and killed the boss.

Mo-Nercy
11-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Laguna, Ward and Kiros vs. Ruby Dragon. I hadn't junctioned anything and as a result Laguna and Kiros were dead and Ward was on critical. It was my first time round playing FF8 and I didn't know that you could hit triangle to try and get a limit break, so I just kept attacking while the Ruby Dragon kept doing it's thing. I must've evaded like 12 times in a row. I still died when it casted Fira but I still think it was a pretty lucky stand

SephirothsAngel
11-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by black orb
>>> Fighting Ozma maybe, with Eiko the fenix always appeared from nowhere and revived all the party..

That happened to me a lot, too! I read somewhere online that Phoenix was only suppose to come after Eiko died, but other party members would die last and Phoenix would come.
Another thing that happened to me that was lucky was also in FFIX. It was somewhere along the last bosses in Terra , I summoned Bahamut and a little while after things looked grim. For some reason, a glitch or something maybe, Bahamut would come back without me summoning him! It would give Garnet a turn to do whatever but before her turn Bahamut would show up. I could use Bahamut twice in a row. It was so awesome.

Ultima_Paladin
11-03-2003, 02:58 AM
On ff tactics the battle with Lucavi, I did barely won with just Ramza alive, the percentage of hitting him was only like 50% or so, if I would have missed I would have lost.

TheSpoonyBard
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
SephirothsAngel, that's no glitch. It sounds like Garnet's Trance, Eidolon. When you enter Trance and summon a monster it will reappear each time before Garnet's turn unless you summon a different eidolon. It will keep reappearing untill her Trance bar runs out.

As for lucky breaks, mine are very similar to ones already mentioned involving Phoenix and various well-timed Limit breaks.

SephirothsAngel
11-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Garnet wasn't tranced during the fight. And Bahamut never stopped showing up. She had used her trance in the previous fight and was far from it when I first summoned Bahamut and she never hit it until Memoria .

sephiroth21
11-16-2003, 12:13 AM
in ff 10.
i was seeing what mixes do what with rikkus overdrive and i mixed 2 wings of discoery and it made trio of 999
(her best mix) and it makes it where all of your attacks do 9999 damage,then do tidues slice-and-dice!!!

SomethingBig
11-16-2003, 04:42 AM
FFVII - I remember toying with the Ultima Weapon, when I first fought him, and he managed to kill Vincent and Yuffie and got Cloud's HP to a very low amount(I forget how because it was quite a while ago). Luckily, I didn't use Cloud's limit break until that moment and I Omnislashed the Ultima Weapon into oblivion.

Storm
11-21-2003, 06:27 AM
When fighting Emerald Weapon with everyone maxed out with materia, Air Tam Storm destroyed Cloud and Yuffie, yet somehow it missed Barret. I don't understand how it happened, but shortly after(about 5 omnislash's, 40 ultima's, and 15 megalixer's later) Emerald was defeated. I think it's impossible NOT to shed a tear when you see it vaporizing.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-24-2003, 10:21 PM
in fighting omega and i was doing ok (this was my first time) he then atack me with some attack dealing damage to every one and then right after that he did that star attack. I thought it was over considering i was at like 7000 hp on my best character i was left with 4 hp on squall!!!!!then used lionheart and killed him.

Jenovas_witness
11-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Fighting Dark Bahamut, who was about to do Mega Flare, summoning Yojimbo (for the first time ever) to block it, paying it 1000 because I'd never used it before and was worried about him dismissing himself if I didn't pay him anything (and this wasn't a good time to test him to see if he did), and getting Zanmoto :D