PDA

View Full Version : Batle Square Materia Combos

Materia Keeper
10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
I find that you are able to do some of the most entertaining things with your materia in battle square, seeing as how it is one long battle and not eight short ones. For those who have trouble getting Omnislash, W-Summon, or the Final Attack, here are some good materia combos.

Mime is wonderful. Praise mime. worship it.

2X-Cut (or 4X)
Counter-Mime

Counter attack can be nice, but it really screws the above combo up. It is nice to start with a 4X cut, then just do it again every time you get attacked.

Use Big Guard the first or second battle. The barriers don't do much, but haste lasts the rest of the battle. It's really nice to abuse the spinners. The "All materia broken!" one gives you a lot of points.Use haste early on, then slam everyone with your 4X cut. When you get near the end, press Square quickly and it will slow the spinners down. pick the all materia broken, and you will still be able to hit 2 or 3 times in the time the enemy gets one off.

When you get to the Special Battle, Equip KoTR and the Counter-Mime. Proud Clod falls to 2 KoTRs, so if you use one, he will attack you and you'll mime it. Completely unfair, and a bit unsportsmanlike, but who cares?

I think that with the ribbon and a good E Skill equipped, you can win almost every battle.

If anyone else has any that work better please post. I love doing funky Materia combonations.

MagicKnight Locke
10-24-2003, 09:11 PM
my strategy was:equip kotr,mime,peace ring or ribbon,cure and enemy skill with big guard.
In the beginning cast big guard.Then cast KOR then mime and mime and mime and mime.Heal if needed.
Peace ring or ribbon will defend you from the berserks some annoying enemys cast

katana
10-26-2003, 04:35 AM
I eguipped a slash-all paired with counter, then confuse paired with added affect gives you protection against those enemies that cast berserk, haste, FIRE 3 mastered paired with ALL materia mastered, deathblow, enemy skill (with big guard, trine, and Agualung are all you really need) CURE mastered, and Ultima weapon and fill all extra slots with KOTR, Bahamut Zero, and Odin (ability to cut enemies apart dealing a 1 hit KO)
Start the fight, on your first turn cast HASTE, then your next turn cast REGEN. These will wear off eventually, so when they do make it a priority to cast them again. Save big Guard until you really need it. Use FIRE 3 on only fast enemies, because chances are that slash all will do more damage than a magic attack. Try not to use summons unless you get really desperate. Also, make sure ou start the fight with your Limit Break. If you don't have Omnislash (which is most likely why your trying to beat the arena) use the tornado one because that can deal out 1 hit kills. When fighting tonberries be sure to dish out deathblow. Even though there is a slight risk involved, it will be much safer than using normal attacks on him.
Mime is also good, but at the point I beat the arena I didnt have the gold chocobo yet, so it isnt necessary.
EDIT: I forgot to mention the glorious wonders of counter. Besides the slash all, its probably the most useful materia in the arena.

Skogs
10-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Hades - Added Effect (in armor)
Sprint Shoes
Enemy Skill
2x Cut
HP Plus
MP Plus

Those are the essentials.

NM
10-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Easiest way is cast Haste and Regen at the begining if you have 4xcut then you should be able to kill anything in 1 turn.

If your quick enough you can get through all 8 fights before they wear off. Oh and if you go in with a limit break just mime it all the way through. Mmmmmmmmmm om-ni-slash. :p

robfinalfantasy
10-30-2003, 11:04 AM
I use:
Enemy Skill
Master Command
Master Magic
All (combined with MM)
Double Cut
Pre-Emptive
Cover
Long Range
Master Summon