PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks

Materia Keeper
10-24-2003, 06:03 PM
I have a question for someone who has a strategy guide. I think that the way it works is this.

If you have X life, you have to be dealt X and a fraction of your life, depending on the level of the limit, to fill your limit bar.

For example, If I had Cloud with Omnislash, and 9999 HP, then I would have to deal about 18000 damage to him to get his limit break.

Does anyone know something about this?

Silent Warrior
11-06-2003, 08:32 AM
I just know that the gauge fills slower depending on what level your Break is. And Fury makes it go faster. :) Go dig through Gamefaqs, I've seen some Nutty Stuff(tm) there in the past.

Rostum
11-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Just put a Hyper on someone and watch their limit break go up when they get hit. xD You can cure it with a Tranquilizer... unless I've gotten the item names mixed around.

Silent Warrior
11-11-2003, 10:46 AM
MK: Just to clear up any confusion: I don't know/didn't care to find out. If there is one place that can shed some light for your query, GameFAQs is the place. As a bonus, you can probably find out how much Fury increases LB-gauge increments. :)

*Gets an Idea* Hm... You know... if you have FF7 PC available, it gets a bit easier. You can download a savegame-editor, save and stuff, give Cloud Omnislash and set it as the active LB, then load the game. Fight a battle or two (without Fury seems to be best for your purposes), carefully note how much damage Cloud takes, then save and exit. Open the save in the save-editor and see how much the Limit Gauge-number has increased (0-255). Wiggle some maths at it, and you should have a good estimate in no time.

BG-57
11-11-2003, 01:07 PM
It's a fraction of maximum HP, because I saw limit breaks happen much faster with HP<->MP materia in place. About all it's good for I might add. :eep:

Cloud_AA
11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
interesting........ and yes that would be the only that HP<----> MP materia is good for