PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: FAQ for the FFXI Forum

Loony BoB
10-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I know a lot of threads have been done over many times from what I've gone through today after my interest came to FFXI. Now, if anyone would like to make up a FAQ involving any questions that have been repeated, that'd be great. If you feel anything is missed, add it into a new post. Once you're all happy that the FAQ is ready, I'll get the information out of all your posts and make a new stickied thread. I trust this will make life easier for everyone, both regulars and newbies like myself. ;)

Ideally, a question, answer and link to a decent thread on the topic would be appreciated. The completed FAQ will be done up much like the one in the Feedback Forum.

Ouch!
10-25-2003, 01:48 AM
BoB, you're a genius, I would be willin' to do it, but I think it best that a Beta tester would do it, as they have more in game experience. I'll send some of my friends over.

Bahamut2000X
10-25-2003, 03:54 AM
Bug Lionx and Grand Lethal, they were both beta testers. I believe Alpha was one too. So ya bug them first I say.

Rostum
10-25-2003, 05:09 AM
When will Final Fantasy XI be released?

~The PC version is going to be released between the 28th and 29th of October in the U.S. The PS2 version will be released in March 2004 in the U.S.

Eh, well I knew that one! Came from the FFXI site sort of though... I'll try to find more at a later date.

Ouch!
10-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Yes Lionx and GL were both beta testers, Alpha wasn't though. I can't bug'em right now really. I'm on vacation. >.> I know my peeps.

Rostum
11-24-2003, 10:22 PM
~Final Fantasy XI is online ONLY.
~It's 12.95 US dollars a month.
~It's 1.00 US dollar added to the monthly fee for Tetra Master.
~It's 1.00 US dollar added tot he monthly fee for each extra character slot.

Flying Mullet
11-24-2003, 10:33 PM
- You can get a sub-job when you are level 18 and have completed the appropriate side-quest.
- See the Clan Corner forum to see what servers people are on.

Bahamut2000X
11-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Be smart, mature, and listen to the party leaders or guy in charge of the group.

GogoTheMimic
11-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Want to get on a server of your choice without paying? Go here:
http://reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=1055

I've saved so much money by not having to buy friends worldpasses because of that...

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Well, I may be a super noob considering I don't even have FFXI yet, but I know this! lol

If your a mage, your secondary job should not be a warrior. at least that is what I heard

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 04:33 AM
As I have heard, you can switch your job at your Mog House

Julia
03-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Give me all your gil too, don't forget that important step! ^ ^

i'm just kidding. I'm only hoping everyone hasn't forgotten me! ~Elle

Rejuvenation
04-04-2004, 01:33 PM
If you want to get hold of crystals after battles, get a guard to cast 'Signet' on you before you hurry out into the wilderness.

Rostum
04-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Race DOES matter.

Ichy
04-05-2004, 01:45 AM
The entire game's economy is based on a capitalist system. Much like other FFs you can buy and sell to and from NPCs. This, however, is where the similarities end. You can also place prices on items in your inventory and allow other players to buy them as easily as checking you. Additionally there is an Auction House where you may opt to put items up for sale with a reserve price. If that price is met by a player making a bid then your item sells, depending on the reserves set by other players and the quantity of that item placed on auction with the same reserve price before yours. I won't get into buying and selling tactics, in the interest of saving time (my ship has almost arrived in Selbina on the other comp ;) )

Often times the price of an item through an NPC will be less than the average listed in the Auction House, however be aware that when you purchase from them you are falling victim to a Money Sink: A feature implemented into MMORPGs designed to reduce teh amount of currency in player circulation. Less Gil to go around -> Even higher prices at the Auction House. The same goes for selling items to NPCs, too. When you do that you're removing a valid item from the game and, now that the servers have been up a long time and the economy is booming, that is not really in anyone's best interest, doubly so when you consider that you can re-sell equipment at auction for the same price you paid. Sometimes more, too. :)

The exception to this rule is in consumables. Spells, in particular, are very expensive at auction, often in the range of hundreds or thousands. For some this can be acceptable since they can only be obtained through quests and high level ennemies, however spending your hard earned Gil on a one-use item at the kind of prices at auction sometimes justifies going to an NPC for the sake of keeping that armor on your back. ;)

Lionx
04-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Economy: Supply and demand basically. And the value of the item and variety.

If that price is met by a player making a bid then your item sells, depending on the reserves set by other players and the quantity of that item placed on auction with the same reserve price before yours

Actually the cheapest item goes first. Say you put something for 890 gil, the base price is 900 gil for the item in AH. Someone bids 900, even though someone else put it at 900, the 890 one sells first.

White Mage Nico
04-05-2004, 12:53 PM
its me, the noob... and heres my lil say =) THE TARU IS DA MAGE!!! even tho I dont have ffXI, I know this >.<

Rostum
04-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Whenever asking questions about why FFXI is crashing, or any related problems, please list your computer specs as well.

White Mage Nico
05-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Since I now have ffXI i can put in my lil tips... ahem, When you first make your character, it will ask you to enter a world pass, which is some letters and numbers that somone already in the game gets with gil, then hands these letters and numbers to you, you enter them in World Pass, and this bunch of letters and numbers lets you go to a specific server, lets say the person who got you the pass was in Fairy, youd end up in fairy! Another Tip... Get Signer cast on you by somone at the gate with W.W. at the end of his name, then earn Conquest points, you can use these to get items from the W.W., Also your country gets to be rated and stuffs, judged by how many Conquest Points you earned! Windurst in Fairy odly always says Dominant, Bastok and Sandoria minimal, it seems America AND Japan love taru taru

Lionx
05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Your jus tlooking at the Sarutabaruta reigon, open up the reigon info for other land conquest. The newb reigons are always taken by the home countries, everythign else tho is pretty free game.

White Mage Nico
05-15-2004, 05:46 PM
oh...DARN IT! lol Also this is an important tip, like major, like no one thought of it and complained! This is... SERVER SELECT! It is good to do this when u first make ur char, Make character, and select new handel, then delete this char, select new handel again, and just make lots of new handles so when you choose that character your actually keeping (phew) you just select a different handle! the reason this works is bc well heres an example, I keep on remaking my chhar, odly it allways ends up inn fairy, and I always choose the same handle!
:tongue: Silly Heads :tongue:

White Mage Nico
05-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I didnt know that me calling you silly heads would be so hard on you that you stop posting here... :cry:

FleshMask
06-19-2004, 12:55 AM
and another Q for the A-Team...
I decided to become a warrior when I get hooked in...
I understand there are fame levels and character levels...

Do you have more strength as a pure or some on who has switched jobs?
Do you retain abilities, when you switch?

I have to be level 30 to become a Paladin or Dark Knight...
Which is better?

Can Humes be better warriors than Elvaan or Galkas?

I'm just trying to get a good head start...

Lionx
06-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Do you have more strength as a pure or some on who has switched jobs?

Strength is reletive to the job you are going into, they are all unique in their own ways, hence theres no such thing as one thats stronger than another per say.

Do you retain abilities, when you switch?

Nope, but when you do your subjob quest at lvl 18, you can sub a job under your main and gain the abilities of that job up to half of its level, providing you actually leveled it up.

I have to be level 30 to become a Paladin or Dark Knight...
Which is better?

You CANNOT compare these two jobs as they are different roles in a party.

DRK, damage dealers, they excel using two handed weapons and using absorb and draining magic spells to attak the enemy. THey usually struggle to get invites due to surpluses and are a damage dealer hence last looked for.

PLD, tank, they are there to take hits, this class excels at using tools at their disposal to keep the monster onto hitting you and taking it. They use Cure spells to keep hate, Flash spell, and other abilities to gain hate, generally speaking in exp parties, subbing WAR is the only way to go because of their special provoke skill that largely generates a spike of hate. They dont do alot of damage as their role is to take hits.

Can Humes be better warriors than Elvaan or Galkas?

Again skill level is what counts, not race sometimes, last night a Taru WAR did extremely well.

Hume can balance everything out so you gotta find something to excel in, Galkas have natural high HP and since they rock with no MP jobs, they can take mores punishment, an Elvaan can dish out dmg but needs more DEX to make it land. This is of course ignoring the skill level of the player. Choose the race that fits you best.

Hume=Never excelling yet never failing, edges out a tiny bit at STR, VIT and CHR
Mithra=About the same as Hume, cept they edge out in DEX and AGI and suffer a bit in CHR
Taru=Excels at MND, INT and magic, suffers in VIT and STR, second best AGI and DEX
Galka=High HP, and VIT, but low MND and INT
Elvaan=High STR, low DEX and INT, also high MND.

Statistically aside its always PLAYER skill that does best, a Taru PLD can do well if they do it right.