PDA

View Full Version : What character stats do you consider important?

i90east
10-25-2003, 04:15 PM
When you train your guys, what stat do you consider to be most important out of the ones that you can boost with espers (Vigor, Speed, Stamina, Magic Power)?

I'm just asking because last night I had a great time training my group from the low 50s to the mid 60s. I'm trying to be even with all stats, even speed. Gau for example has these stats: 51, 50, 52, 54. Celes almost has those stats too. Edgar needs to spend about 15 levels with Odin :laugh: Mog's stats are in the mid 30s and low 40s, but that's because he has the cursed sheild. Will that thing ever uncurse? Ugh. I keep thinking that it's gotta be within the next 20 battles, but nope.

I like high stamina because with cure rings my guys are getting 250 HP a pop. Having everyone at 50 speed is probably more than enough. I never have to wait for anyone to get ready. If you can have your guys attack twice in the time it normally takes to attack once, you double your attack power. So speed can be an important thing. It's also great if you're sending guys out solo.

My verdict is that it's best to boost all stats instead of focusing on one thing. Versatility is a good thing. My brother boosted Gau's magic power to 114 in his game. wtf? :D

Outsider
10-25-2003, 07:10 PM
It depends...

Celes is my best magic user, and I boosted her Magic Power to 84, I guess, but her Vigor and Stamina aren't so high, something like 45... I raise her speed a little, so she has almost 40. Terra is much like her...

In other characters, like Gau or Cyan, I never raise their Magic Power, but their Vigor/Stamina are insane, more than 70. I raise their speed a little too.

Lost
10-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Nope never paid attention to it. I just got as most spell as I could w/out worries to stat bonus. The only stats I cared about was Locke's speed (which I increased with ninja and dark gears). At most, I got Locke's speed up to 65, at which point I was able to steal plenty of Imp armors from the tyranose, that is after I osmosed all it's mp so that there was no fear of meteor.

Atma Weapon
10-26-2003, 07:34 AM
I think I can get terra up to about 100 magic power and 70 speed with 9999 HP and 999 MP. Everyone else just kinda gets what they get.

LingaringBell
10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Incredible high magic power and strength really start to not matter after a while since the game is limited to the 9999 rule, you wind up doing that much damage way before your stats are that high, you should probably make it possible to do more damage.

Atma Weapon
10-27-2003, 02:08 AM
That's why speed is good, but if you have high enough magic power then you can do 9999 with weaker and cheaper spells, and you don't need the economizer eventually. I suppose none of the stats really matter in the end though, you can easily beat the game with base stats.

Shadowdust
10-29-2003, 06:17 AM
I always focus on Vigor, Speed and M. Power. I usually get all characters to around 110 Vigor and M. Power and at least 40 in Speed. I've never seen the use of raising Stamina.

The highest I ever got for M. Power was the max of 128. That was with Terra but she took a hit in Vigor and only got 109 for Vigor. The best I ever focused on for Vigor was Sabin, again with 128 but that made his M. Power drop to 105. The best in Speed of course was Locke with a Speed of 60 and I evened out the other two stats at 107.

My most well balanced character is Shadow who has 115 for both Vigor and M. Power and 49 for Speed.

MagicKnight Locke
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
all the stats but evade

The Man
10-29-2003, 05:51 PM
All of them but Stamina and Evade.

Celes
10-31-2003, 07:12 AM
I consider speed and magic power to be the most important. Especially for Locke and Terra, because I used them the most and Terra uses a lot of magic.

Ayla
01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I like Relm, HATE Celes, LOVE Terra, Like edgar,And I think Locke have a Stupid face :tongue: Relm is the best,Celes is ugly and boring, and Edgar is cool, andLocke have a stupid face. :mog:

Edgar
01-27-2004, 08:02 AM
HP :D

and maybe some evade
and maybe some MP
and maybe some Magic
and maybe some resists
and maybe some vigor
and maybe some Atkpwr
and maybe some speed :D

But HP is most important...until the final fight with Kefka.

Flying Mullet
01-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Ayla
I like Relm, HATE Celes, LOVE Terra, Like edgar,And I think Locke have a Stupid face :tongue: Relm is the best,Celes is ugly and boring, and Edgar is cool, andLocke have a stupid face. :mog:
:confused: Anyway...
Back on topic, I always try to even out everyone's stats, except for Sabin and Cyan. I like to keep them as physical fighters so I like to crank up their Vigor so that they put on the hurt when they attack with a Genji Glove and Offering.

MagicKnight Locke
01-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Magic,strength and evade

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 03:36 AM
Speed, Magic Defense, Defense, and Strength.

Those are the four I mainly worry about.

DocFrance
01-30-2004, 04:35 AM
Always keep in mind that Speed is a force multiplier! The higher your speed, the more actions (no matter how piss-poor they are) you can perform in a certain amount of time.

Edgar
01-31-2004, 10:04 AM
Speed is important, coupled with haste, the characters can be deadly.

Strider
01-31-2004, 10:33 AM
It doesn't matter much to me. As long as I can continually beat the enemy senseless, I don't keep track of the numbers. :D

Sabin_Figaro
02-05-2004, 12:46 AM
personally i boost Sabin and Cyans physical strength up and Celes and Terras magic up. i dont use anyone else except Gogo....

Black Mage FF1
02-16-2004, 05:59 PM
The BEST stat in the game is Mblock. If you get it to, i think its 128 or more your character will be almost invincible. Every attack that is possible to block WILL be blocked, this includes magic. If you dont believe me then try this

Equip the Ragnarok Sword

Equip the Force Shield, Bards hat, force armor and Zephyr Cape (its a relic).

Then go into battle and try to hit that character with a physical attack or spells that CAN be blocked.

Flying Mullet
02-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Magic Block might be what's good, but we're talking about what stats we increase by espers.

DocFrance
02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure you can increase MBlock by increasing your Magic stat. So nyeh.

Flying Mullet
02-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Fiddlesticks

nevermind6794
02-22-2004, 01:52 AM
What the hell does vigor do? Defense protects from loss of HP, speed makes the characters go faster...but I have no idea how vigor affects the fighters.

Marcus
02-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Speed, mainly. Even if you've got shady mediocre fighting/magic stats, a high speed will make it better. Being able to attack a monster three times while he is stiill charging up his first attack rules.

***WARNING. NON FF6 INFO COMING YOUR WAY!!***

I remember giving my strongest Chrono Chross character all my speed pellets (or whatever they are called) until it maxed out, and he was extremely fast. Made the game quite fun. I always do that. Giving all bonus power tabs and stuff to one character, so he has a ridiculous advantage in battle. Aaah.

*opens SNES9x*

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:31 PM
vigor = physical strength

Azrael85
02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by The Man
vigor = physical strength

But, I though Bat. Pwr. was for physical strength...

What does stamina do, really?

I would usually just let their stats do their own thing, but this time around, I think I will try to boost certain ones for certain guys more, but still tring to keep them relatively even throughout for the most part.

Evil Looking Teddy
03-02-2004, 07:39 PM
I've only played through FF6 in it's entirity twice and never paid too much mind to any stat bonuses, and I faired alright, so I really couldn't say.

The Man
03-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Azrael85
But, I though Bat. Pwr. was for physical strength...That's how strong the weapons are. Not the same thing.

Azrael85
03-07-2004, 09:44 PM
^Ahhh ok, thanks for clearing that one up for me.

The Man
03-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Don't mention it ;)