PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous DVD Errors...

Rainecloud
10-26-2003, 09:00 AM
I've been having a few select problems with my PC's DVD player recently. When I try to play 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within', it constantly jumps and sometimes informs me that the disc contains scratches. It doesn't contain any scratches, however, and it plays fine on the DVD player in my living room (which I don't always have access to).

Also, 'The Simpsons: Series 3' works fine on my PC's DVD player...except for disc 3, which refuses to work. Every time I attempt to play it, I get a 'This disc cannot be read - it is an unrecognized format' error of sorts. Again, the disc will play perfectly on the DVD player downstairs.

And no, I can't just use the downstairs one all the time, as it isn't mine. Plus, the sound on my PC DVD player is much, much better. Any ideas or suggestions? If you need any further information, ask, and I'll try to help out...

Bulldog
10-26-2003, 09:14 AM
I suggest you buy a new DVD drive, or clean the lens of the current one.

Killy
10-26-2003, 02:15 PM
You can purchase a cleaning disc for about 5$, it might help, but if it doesnt its nto a big loss.

Rainecloud
10-26-2003, 03:02 PM
I very much doubt that the problem is anything to do with cleaning the lens, because my PC plays everything else from my extensive DVD collection perfectly - without a single hiccup. The two discs I've mentioned before are the only ones causing me any trouble. They can't be scratched or faulty either, because other DVD players will play them with no trouble whatsoever.

crono_logical
10-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Perhaps the discs really are damaged - non-PC DVD players can ignore errors more easily than a PC DVD drive can so they'll appear to play it even if it is slightly damaged somewhere.