PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Chimera Brain

alnykleo
10-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Okay, Galuf left my party and now I'm killing bosses in order to follow Galuf.

But I just can't kill the last boss Chimera Brain, no matter how much I try! He always kills me, he only uses Aqua Rake and Blaze again and again and again and I just can't heal fast enough - not that I have time to attack him, either.

My characters are on level 18 and have a decent amount of job levels learned. Is there something I can do to just get rid of this boss? Recommended jobs, abilities, armor, anything?

Sefie1999AD
10-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Build up some levels. Levels 20-25+ are a lot better, and make sure you have enough HP to survive the Aqua Rake. Keep using your healing spells. For attacking, use your strongest attacks (but not ice attacks, he absorbs them), Titan and maybe have some Dragon Knights jump. I can't remember that boss too well, so I'll try to check my save games of FF5 soon to be of more help to you.

EDIT: He's not that hard. Just keep casting Titan and have the others use Cure2. Make sure you have lots of HP (Monk gets pretty much, and their normal physical attacks are also good). Aqua Rake and Blaze do 250-300 damage. If you have around 1000 HP, you should be fine. I was on level 29, but I'm sure that being around level 25 would be enough.

MagicKnight Locke
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
or just be cheap like me and put gil toss which kills him instantly(it did for me)

alnykleo
10-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I managed to kill him now. I had everyone as Monks and summoned Titan and healed every round... and yet he was very close to killing me. ^^;;

I really SHOULD level up ^^

Grivrak
10-28-2003, 12:26 AM
DeathClaw blue magic works on that boss. Makes it a every easy fight.