PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it, and how time consuming is it? (Spoilers possible)

Radje
10-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Using the monster arena and getting all of the monsters then beating the super bosses and such. Dark Aeons Included. I've never bothered to even try doing it so i want to know your oppinions to the questions above just so i might try the quests. Oh woops forgot one, the ultimate weapon quests. The only "Super boss" i've ever encountered was the ultimate and omega weapon.

Xander
10-26-2003, 06:24 PM
I haven't actually done it but I reckon it's probably pretty time consuming. I spent hours doing the monster arena quest and still didn't get 10 of each yet :p
I think you should try them, but it's not something I'd try and do in one go sorta thing. I think it's a fun thing to play and then go away and come back to, not play it as part of the main game.

I thought I had spent ages getting Break HP's for a couple of my chars, I thought they were pretty lethal but then I went to see if I could beat a dark aeon again and it wooped my ass straight away :rolleyes2

I think I needed to spend a lot longer getting stronger.

I think you should do the monster arena quest I found it fun and there's some real challenges to battle in there, I've only defeated a few so far.

Anyway, yeah you should try it if you want something to do, but like I said just do it over a period of time, will keep you sane, hehe cos it's sooo time consuming, but I still aim to do it all one day :D
One thing I love about FFX - Getting break hp/damage limit :D

NM
10-26-2003, 06:34 PM
I couldn't be bothered tbh.

Even if you have 99,999 HP most of the dark aeons inflict that much damage with a normal attack so whats the point.

First time I tried to go back to were you fight Yunalesca to get the Sun Crest, I ran into dark Bahamut who just did three normal attacks in a row each causing 99,999 damage. Suprisingly I died. :D

I know there ment to be an extra hard challenge but they just seem like overkill to me.

Radje
10-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Supposedly you have to max out your luck and defense to stand a chance. Or use Zanmato with Yojimbo but thats cheating. How much do you have to pay him to make him use that attack anyway?

NM
10-26-2003, 08:51 PM
The more the better is the rule with Yojimbo. If you give him half your total amount of Gil or over he usually uses Zanmato.

Xander
10-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Radje
How much do you have to pay him to make him use that attack anyway?

Sometimes you don't have to pay him that much actually, and it says on the Eyes on FF main site, that the it's easier to get him to do it on the European release of the game, for some reason. And as everyone says it depends on compatibility with characters and all that.

When his overdrive was full I paid him a few hundred gil, if that and he did it most of the time. Although yeah I wouldn't beat the dark aeons using it makes it pretty pointless.

robfinalfantasy
11-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Well if you are looking for a good challenge (the bosses) then yes it is worth it. Some of those bosses are very hard to beat. If you like boss battles where you have to restart the game because your whole party was wiped out then I suggest you try unlocking the bosses. I personally enjoyed them. You feel a lot more proud when you beat a difficult boss.

Flare_Star
11-01-2003, 11:27 AM
i would think that the monster arena is worth it, seeing as the game is shorter than the other games so it gives you something else to do once you've finished the game once.(though ive never bothered to try the monster arena, i just dont have enough patience to max out all my skills)

ive got most of the ultimate weapons,(others are guarded by the stupidly hard dark aeons)and the crests and sigils for them.

Radje
11-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Well i borrowed the official guidebook from someone and i've started up. I've got yuna's celestial weapon and i've nearly gotten aurons. I've got 8 area conquests and 6 species conquests 3 origianols

Radje
11-13-2003, 11:27 PM
I must say i'm horrendously proud of myself ^.^

Succes over the past month or so:

Tidus: Finally attained Blitz ace while fighting Dark ifrit,
Attack= 176,
Agility=153 (I think)
Everything else around 70-90,
Apposed a brave battle versus dark bahamut to attain His crest which i hadn't gotten just after defeating Yunalesca, nearly lost but got Bahamut down to yellow hp so i gave in and used zanmato. Then attained crest.
Haven't yet got that bloody sigil but got time down to 4.5 secs.
Armour= Auto haste, auto phoenix, ribbon, break hp limit.
Weapon= Firestrike (Got it off of dark ifrit) Break damage limit, strengthx 20%, Evade and counter. Once i get his Celestial weapon powered up he'll be a killings machine.

Auron: Once i defeated dark Valefor i could attain the last jecht sphere and so got tornado Aurons best Overdrive,
Attack= 155 (I think)
Defense=120
Everything else 70-90
Finally found his crest after vaguely looking for it in between matches of Blitzball. Captured nearly every single monster to get all but one area conquest Thus attaining his sigil! fully powered Masamune!
Armour= HPx30%, Defensex20% Defensex10% magic defensex20%
Weapon= Break damage limit, Triple overdrive, first strike and i think double AP i can't remember the last ability.
Strong warrior but kindof slow. My second or 3rd most useful character.

Wakka: Played over 50 matches to get all his overdrives,
Attack=99
Accuracy=149
everything else= 90-99
Got his crest simply enough (By accident) But his sigil still hasn't appeared in a league or tournament yet. i'll be suicidal if it doesn't appear in the next one.
Weapon: Break damage limit, evade and counter, magic counter, strengthx20%
(I wont state armour anymore i need t go to bed soon.
Well rounded character, i use him, Auron and Tidus as my main party. He can attack and use magic equally as well.

yuna: Have all the Aeons so her limit break is mastered technically. I have energy blast for Valerfor so yey!
Magic=130
agility=111
everything else 60-80
Get her crest at the beginning of the game even before i knew what it was. her sigil was simple enough to get as my aeon's rock.
Weapon: Break damamge limit, double ap, triple overdrive and something else i can't remember.
Useful for magic and Aeons but not a highly used character.

Other characters: Rikku is the only other one i'm trying to level up but kimarhi and Lulu i have no use for. i have Lulu and Rikku's celestial weapons fully powered *Is proud*
Stats between 10-70

Dark Aeons defeated: Valefor, Ifrit, Bahamut, Ixion and Nearly shiva.

Monster arena: All but one area conquests and only 4 species conquests, 3 or 4 original.

how am i doing?

Cloud_AA
11-14-2003, 06:02 AM
i got he american version so i dont have the dark aeons..........

wish i did cause those monsters in the arena are too ez once u max out all the stats....

i had Tidus Auron and Wakka at 255 for defense strength agility and accuracy. there hp was around 35000 i wanted more of a challenge hopefully X-2 will give that