PDA

View Full Version : Favorite party?

Ranarium
10-26-2003, 09:52 PM
What was your favorite party to carouse through the game with?
I spent a bit searching the fora, so I think, hope, yearn that this isn't a clone.

Yuffie and Cid for me. Two greatest personalities in the game.

Prince-magus
10-26-2003, 10:08 PM
my favorite party consists of vincent, cid, and cloud. freakin powerhouse. i hated aeris in combat. and i never had much reason to use tifa, and cait sith.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-26-2003, 10:20 PM
I, too, dig on the Cloud/Vincent/Cid combination. Sometimes Cloud/Cait Sith/Cid, too.

Ranarium
10-26-2003, 10:38 PM
I've never been too fond of Vincents limit breaks, so I hardly use him.
He's about to use his death penalty to deal massive damage when I lose control of him and he becomes an annoying monster.

NM
10-26-2003, 11:04 PM
I always use Cloud, Red then either Barrett or Tifa.

ForeverZeroUltima
10-26-2003, 11:24 PM
my fav was cloud yufife and vincent, cuz they were my...well, favs.
the "main" party that really mattered was probably cloud tifa and vincent, because they have a "special" grudge against sephiroth.

by the way, what does the NM stand for in your screenname?

NM
10-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Tis my little secret. :D

All i'll say is if you watch Lock, stock & two smoking barrels you might pick up what it stands for. As I got the name from something said in the film.

Reina
10-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett.
Always did the business. Yuffie & Barrett have the benefit of long-range attacks (without using up a materia slot) and do not suffer from Vincent's, IMO, rubbish limit breaks...

Materia Keeper
10-27-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm not some huge fan of Vincent, but his limits aren't that bad. He gets huge, does BIG damage, and is at least a breakaway from the traditional ones.

As for my favorite party, it would have to be:

Cloud-Big damage, good stats, plus triple growth and OMNISLASH!!

Cid- Okay stats, triple growth, Highwind, and he just has the greatest personality.

"Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair, and drink your Goddamn tea!! "

Red- Hits hard, fastest character, I think, plus he doesn't have the character flaws that Yuffie or the rest do.

Plus, he's hilarious to watch do 4X cut.:tongue:

ForeverZeroUltima
10-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by NM
Tis my little secret. :D

All i'll say is if you watch Lock, stock & two smoking barrels you might pick up what it stands for. As I got the name from something said in the film.

......................................???? wha???¿¿¿???

Gregory
10-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Seriously, tifa in a party? Other than gaining her limit breaks, hell, I'd choose her. It's always worth it to get everyone's limit breaks. Cloud, Cid, Red 13, Barret, Yuffie and Cait Sith would be my 2 parties against Sephy, before I even heard of Vincent, I used Tifa. (Well, I HAD too.) My main party's normally Vincent and Aeris/Cid. Who wouldn't use Cid? Someone who hates cursing, smoking and very few Materia slots. Highwind, Grat Gospol, and (wait for it...) OMNISLASH!!!

Hanoi
10-29-2003, 09:09 PM
I always went with Cloud... Tifa and Vincent. I'd like to say that it was some kind of great strategy or master plan but...

...no. I just like Tifa and Vincent. ;)

The Man
10-30-2003, 02:31 AM
Cloud and Cid are necessities, and I usually switch out Tifa and Yuffie for the third party member. Before I get Cloud, I use Nanaki a lot, and before getting Nanaki and Yuffie, I use Aeris a lot.

Tifa's limit breaks rank among the best in the game, IMO.

Strider
10-30-2003, 03:21 AM
I've grown partial to using Cloud, Cid and Tifa/Red XIII in my parties, more often than not. I agree with Jester over there on his comment about Tifa's limits, especially later in the game and when you land on "Yes" compared to "Hit". Even if you don't get everything, you can still land about 12,000-15,000 worth of damage every goaround.

When she's available, I like using Aeris a lot for her magic abilities, too. When I need a bit of physical strength and durability, I use Barret. I use Vincent only sparingly because of his HP deficiencies, Cait Sith because of his defense, and Yuffie because of her lack of offensive capability compared to others. Cloud, Cid, Red and Tifa are probably the most well-balanced corps in the game.

Flashback007
11-03-2003, 03:50 PM
My favorite party was:

Cloud, Cid and Red. I think that I took that party when you leave the desert prison, and only changed it when need to. But the rest of the game I have chosen this one. They all have great phsycial attacks: especially Red sometimes. And also some great limits which can do very great damage

Microfiction
11-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Cloud, Cid and Red. Always

razor248725
11-06-2003, 08:32 AM
cloud, cid, and tifa. they all have multiple hit limits. and yeah thats about it

Nanaki
11-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Cloud, Tifa and Red XIII. I think it's because they have always been my strongest characters.
I almost never use Cait Sith, he's not strong... And I don't use Barett so much either. But when I defeated Sephiroth I used Cloud, Cid and Red XIII, because they were my strongest characters at that time.

Sefie1999AD
11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I think it changes since I like most of the characters. In my first game, it was Cloud-Tifa-Barret. On my second game, it was Cloud-Tifa-Red XIII. On my third game, it started as Cloud-Tifa-Aeris, and after Aeris died, my party has been Cloud-Cid-Tifa/Yuffie/Red XIII.

If I had to pick my favorite party, I'd take Cloud, Cid and one of the female characters. I can't decide between them.