PDA

View Full Version : ffMSXX

Mystik_Ninja
10-27-2003, 04:01 AM
As many of you may know Final Fantasy was also released for the MSX( japanese computer. )

If anyone out there has played and would like to post differences they have noticed between it and the Famicom version, cuz I havn't found any definitive lists of differences yet...

And BTW, as far as i know there is no PENOP. I only run into imps there, yuck!

black orb
10-27-2003, 10:11 AM
>>> http://blake.prohosting.com/coleco/msx/index.html

Mystik_Ninja
11-18-2003, 08:49 PM
I guess there aren't many people out there playing a japanese game when they can just as easily play the English version which is nearly the same.

It turns out that the PENOP in MSX FF is also filled with imps. They are far more plentiful than the regular riffraff there.

Here is a list of some *Noteable* differences:
- the battles are more intermitant-> you might walk one step and get in a fight or walk from Coneria to TOF with none at all
- the marshe north of Coneria has ORGES! yippy!
- the invisible lady in the castle can be seen
- BB does not have AC=level, but does have improved unarmed attack over other characters
- when a member of the party has achange of status( poison, stone ) the party order is switched instead of the characters relative position in the party
- the MAP( b, select ) and MINIGAME ( A+B x 55 ) are missing? help please!
- again the PENOP is intact though less effective
- and of there are the improved graphics and sound-> not to mention the whole thing is in japanese.